Jean Patou 1000

4.6

on 1/30/2012 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Top notes: coriander, green notes, bergamot and tangerine
Middle notes: iris, violet, jasmine, chinese osmanthus, lily-of-the-valley, rose and geranium
Base notes: sandalwood, amber, musk, patchouli, civet, oakmoss and vetiver

In my humble opinion, Jean Patou 1000 is a vintage-only affair, as this fragrance has done extremely poorly in reformulation, however if you are able to track done a well preserved vintage then you are in for a decadent treat. 1000 is an opulent and abstract floriental with a heart of indolent osthmanthus and dark, complicated violets. Heady, intoxicating, narcotic.
It is such a well-blended fragrance that comparisons to other scents do not come easily, although I was able to identify a distant relationship to Narciso Rodriguez for her, based on the osthmanthus note.
The EdT wears like and EdP or stronger, with a touch a sweetness, velvety smoothness, and about a mile of depth. A scent with classic grandeur, if you get the right bottle.

Sophisticated, clean, yet pretty. Very wearable, subtle, and unique. Wish it wasn't so expensive. A bit powdery, but a great fragrance for work that exudes grownup confidence.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wish I could type this in really tiny font. I think this is pretty, I think I could wear this often. I've wanted to gag after A La Nuit, less so from Carnal Flower... I didn't think much of Joy. But I really want a rich floral to love. Maybe its the Osmanthus, and I smell something green like coriander. This is special. The sillage is just right, not too aldeyhidey to bother my nose. I hope it doesn't smell too similar to other cheaper alternatives. I'd hate to fall in love and have to spend this much on a regular basis.

on 1/5/2006 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Imagine joy with its cold yet perfect accord of jasmine and roses,using the best flowers...then put a woody drydown to it and the result is 1000.

Strangely androgynous it is like an angel:beautiful,no sex,pale and strong,perfectly made but not for human beings.
I mean it is even more boring than Joy.
It can't create any emotion by smelling it.

So what?
Very expensive,pleasurable...but that's all.

If you want to look rich,wear it.
If you want to have a personal signature with your perfume telling your story and your truth,you'd better look for a Serge Lutens perfume.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This must be one of the most wonderful perfumes ever made - delicious, warm, distingu, classy, a bit on the "heavy" side, and more interesting and alluring than Joy by far - I sometimes wear this to sleep at night, but if worn by day it makes me feel like a million dollars - smells expensive like no other perfume I know. Not really suited for the office - unless you are the boss of the enterprise yourself.

Popular Fragrances