Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

Filtered by eye Color : Black
 Jherri Redding One 'n Only Color Fix

1 review

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Let me begin by saying that I am the pickiest human being ever when it comes to beauty products. With that said, I had a hot minute love affair with bright red Rihanna hair, and once I was over it, I wanted it out of my hair ASAP! They say red fades fast, but that's not the case when you want the color out and fast. I have naturally brown hair with red under tones. Due to a few greys, I started dying my hair a number 4 brown, so it was pretty dark. This past winter I went to a jet black, and when that faded, I went back to brown. About 4 months ago I got sick of the brown and wanted a change. I ombred my hair which turned into a brassy orange tone to it. A month later I got sick of that and that's when I decided to go BRIGHT red. I did A LOT of research and decided to try L'Oreal's hi-color in intense auburn. Wasn't very impressed. Although it deposited red, is was still a dark red and I wanted a vibrant in your face red. Then I decided to do a plum color, so I mixed red and plum dye together. Again, not much change. I finally decided to bleach my hair so the color would not only be bright, but it would also take the color. Big mistake obviously. My hair now was BRIGHT orange and awful. Trying to darken it, I decided to dye it mahogany. Again, the color just wasn't what I liked. So finally, I decided to bleach the hair again to get the red out. I know, I'm CRAZY and I do NOT recommend bleaching ur hair in order to "strip it". So then I decided to give Color Fix a try and was very skeptical bc I had dyed it so many times and I figured the red wouldn't come out. I read a LOT about Color fix and decided I had nothing to lose. I mixed half of each bottle 1:1 and let it set in my hair for 20min as directed. I wrapped my hair with the plastic bag that comes with it, and at 15min, took a blow dryer to heat and process the product up faster. Of course I didn't freak that it was bright yellow, but was shocked to see ALL the red was gone! Nothing ran in the sink, and surprisingly, my hair felt so much smoother!!!! I also decided to use the last step that many skip and it toned down the yellow dramatically. I read that it darkens your hair, which was fine by me since I was planning to go back to a medium brown. I couldn't believe how much this product worked! The smell wasn't too bad, after all, it's chemicals that you're using. I highly recommend this product for anyone who has made a color mistake, and also recommend you do the last step bc it prepares the hair to accept the hair dye u plan using after. Please note that my hair was bright yellow simply bc I had bleach under the red dye and it restored to the color is was since bleach can't be taken out of hair.