Colgate Total Toothpaste

Total Toothpaste

4.4

on 1/14/2018 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have avoided this toothpaste for SO long because it contains triclosan. Colgate Total is the only brand that contains triclosan because apparently it is carcinogenic. But I've had gingivitis on the inside of my top teeth for 2 or 3 years and have tried so many things for it. Neem toothpaste, tea tree oil toothpaste, Colgate Total mouthwash, Crest Pro-enamel toothpaste (the stannous fluoride stained my teeth so research that before you try!!!) so many things and nothing worked. I recently bought the Colgate Total Whitening toothpaste because I was broke right after Christmas and I got a huge tube for $1 so I figured a tube won't kill me.. Two weeks later the gingivitis is completely 100% gone. Amazing. And I think my teeth look whiter too. I actually don't want to keep using it because of the triclosan so I'm hoping it stays away after I go back to natural toothpastes. But I'm liking the results and the fresh clean feeling mouth a lot.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Yes, this toothpaste keeps my teeth nice and clean. But I also use it for something else. I actually use this toothpaste for pimples. I've always heard that applying toothpaste to pimples makes them go away. I tried it several years ago, but with a different brand of toothpaste. It didn't work. I tried it again with Colgate and my pimple was gone within hours. I've even applied it to cysts and they went away too! I've tried so many products and none of them got rid of acne this quickly. I recommend this toothpaste for both dental hygiene and getting rid of acne.

Bought this toothpaste very recently so I can't t notice if my teeth are wither yet but this does a good job of cleaning my teeth and the taste is quite alright unlike some other toothpastes.

Edit: After a week of using this, my teeth are slightly whiter!

Edit 2: I read that this toothpaste contains triclosan which is an ingredient not recommended to use in toothpastes. Also, i feel like this toothpaste had a very thick consistency. Won't buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

My favorite toothpaste.
I really enjoy the following out of the total line:
Colgate Total� Clean Mint-Keeps my whole mouth clean and gums looking nice and healthy.
Colgate Total� Advanced Deep Clean-freshens breath and cleaned very well. Gums did look healthier when using this one and the clean mint as well.
Colgate Total� Whitening- I did notice some whitening but nothing spectacular but it did clean well.
Colgate Total� Advanced Fresh + Whitening- I noticed my breath did stay fresher a little longer compared to other toothpaste even waking up in the morning (not that it was minty fresh lol)
The only one I really do not like and will not repurchase is the -Colgate Total� Advanced Whitening. I did not notice any whitening power at all. It did not keep breath fresh as long as the others and I was not fond of the taste.

on 12/16/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

gets my teeth clean .

on 10/13/2014 3:18:00 AM

I used this toothpaste for years together with other Colgate toothpastes!
I loved the taste- refreshing. Cleaned my teeth very well and my breath was fresh.
I gave up on it when I moved abroad and couldn't find it anymore! I managed to get some samples and I use them when I travel. I always look around when I travel to buy them.

on 9/5/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Meh. I am not a Colgate Gal - it's fine and when I get it for free (from my dentist) I will use it - and the travel size is nice, but the taste is just OK. I love Oxyfresh and Tom's of Man.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have bought this in the whitening version numerous times and I love it. It really makes my mouth feel clean and my teeth do appear to look whiter . Sometimes people ask if I get my teeth professionally whitened so I guess the toothpaste works well in that regard. It never leaves any residue in my mouth and I have never experienced any irritation along my gums or anything so that is a plus. I usually stock up on this when they are BOGO. I rotate between other toothpastes so I don't wear down too much enamel, but this is always on hand.

on 5/17/2013 3:32:00 AM

I have been using this for years and years, and now my friends are using this too. I am talking about the basic, original Colgate Total, simple white toothpaste, I love the taste, the texture, it is my all time favorite. It also somehow keeps my teeth pretty white, SHINNY, beautiful, I never have cavities, hardly any plaque or whatever. I do believe that it really protects your teeth for hours and hours. Love this product and I keep using it as long as they make it. :-)))
(PS: if you have sensitive teeth. Don`t get the colgate sensitive one, that doesn`t help. But get the NEW Sensitive Pro. Not the whitening version, just the simple one. Rub it on the neck of your teeth, right by the gum for a minute, and voila, you can go to the dentist, you won`t have sensitive teeth. You will, later, once it wears off, but for INSTANT protection, love that one! Great stuff.)

My HG toothpaste!