Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.2

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from Sephora.com (so I kno it's authentic) & I love it! It's like vanilla ice cream w 7up, sparkling, effervescent, fizzy, creamy, lemony w a bit of tart! So I kno it was said that the Fantasy/Pink Sugar/Juicy set would not like this (I have varied slightly strange taste), I find that I like both my gourmands AND once in awhile a floral! I like No.5 but I'm kind of broke so for $65 to get over an ounce was attractive, I'll buy No.5 too but I couldn't afford to get both. Great summer scent like an Arnold Palmer in an icy glass on a hot day--so refreshing! This reminds me of the KY Derby & "my old KY home" or horse shows, some enchanting evening of a rainbow sunset peppered with polite applause, a whoop & hollar when my back number is announced & the exhilaration of glory, of the victory (NOT the agony of defeat, I'll save that for a wilted day late in August), it's the perf scent for the petite equestrian, you know the charming, ambitious one who works hard soaping saddles & has perfect form in the straightness of her spine down to her glaring perfection & an easy elegance. If you are confident in your form but are always trying to improve yourself in some way or another & u work hard but play harder let me introduce you to EP! #winning

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This perfume has broken my heart.

Chanel perfumes are like a work of art, a masterpiece to behold and respect, even if you don't consider yourself a perfumista or don't like fragrances in general.

Chanel is the opera music of the perfume world, the Rembrandt painting next to the cardboard cutouts that pale in comparison. The Chanel brand puts their heart and soul into every perfume, and Eau Premiere is no exception.

But. And this is a big but, unfortunately. This perfume does not last. And for $132 a bottle, it should last more than an hour.

Still though, when I close my eyes and inhale the soft, powdery sugared lemon cookie scent of this wonderful fragrance, I think this must be what heaven smells like.

Chanel, please fix the longevity. Please, I beg you. This perfume is so beautiful it deserves its own spot right where it belongs, on center stage.

To Read all 173 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this fragrance. It has everything I want in a scent. I've made it my signature fragrance because it smells sophisticated and sexy and is a bit more subtle than Chanel No. 5. It's has a delicious and sexy top note and dries down to a gorgeous complex floral. I don't really know how to describe fragrances but I do know that this one is very complex and unique. I reserve it for special occasions and for times when I want to be perceived as sophisticated and sexy but in an understated way. It works perfectly with a LBD or with jeans. It's very french and smells expensive (which it is). I bought it when Sephora had it's FF deal so I did get a discount, which makes me very happy. I absolutely love this scent and wish I could afford Chanel clothing but this is the next best thing. I definitely recommend this fragrance highly. If you want to be enveloped in Chanel, it's a great choice.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of the original Chanel No 5 and Eau Premiere is a nice younger sister of the original. While the former is quite sharp and strong to start with Eau Premiere is much softer, yet manages to remain clean, soapy, creamy, powdery qualities of the original No 5. It is not a very memorable fragrance and one that wouldn't offend anyone which, considering that I generally like stronger fragrances that are either loved or hated by others, I still could put up with it. One thing that I truly can't stand about Eau Premiere is its longevity or rather the lack of it. I could literally spray myself with it from top to bottom and yet after about an hour there would be hardly anything remaining. While I usually get many people ask what I'm wearing with other Chanel fragrances, no one has every complimented me on Eau Premiere either and I truly believe it is because no one can smell it. I've never had this sort of problem with other Chanel fragrances even when I used to buy the cheaper EDT in the lack of funds to purchase more expensive EDP or pure perfume.
All in all a nice fragrance but one that will quickly be forgotten and due to the issues with lack of longevity one that is most definitely not worth its price. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Clean, creamy, sweet, soapy floral that's powdery, fizzy, and completely uplifting, yet smooth, warm, inviting and comforting as it dries down. Not cold, heavy, starkly aldehydic, or impersonal like No. 5. To me this fragrance is the emotional antithesis of No 5 EDT, it's gentle, calm, pure, and quietly enigmatic in its easy, relaxed confidence. No dark angel, no femme fatale, no uptight glitterati.
The dry down smells like a baby, or maybe the 80s Cabbage Patch dolls. I was intrigued by this phenomenon. Traditional baby products in North America share many accords with No. 5, powdery, aldehydic, soapy, creamy, floral, vanillic and musky. So no wonder I'm reminded of a freshly bathed and powdered infant, (or the delicious vintage Cabbage Patch doll smell), during Eau Premiere's wonderful dry down. I have both late 2014 and mid 2015 bottles, one from France and one from the US. I detect no difference between them.

Definitely recommend testing this beauty.
I really love it. While it isn't captivating like No. 5, it is soothing, easy to wear and just gentle and beautiful, I find myself reaching for it more than any of my other fragrances. In fact it's becoming my every day choice, my desert island fragrance.

The longevity sucks, especially for an EDP. That's my only issue. Because reapplication is necessary, I bought another larger bottle to have on hand as I go through it quick.

I love this perfume. It's so soft and beautiful. The top notes are lemony and sparkling. The next phase is very well blended notes of jasmine and rose. The dry down is a very comforting vanilla. I think this perfume smells of pure class! It's Chanel.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have always heard wonderful things about this fragrance. It is a classic staple scent for a lot of women. Being a perfume junkie I was excited to test it out and potentially discover a new favorite. I went to Bon Ton today and tested this on my wrists...it is one of the most horrible perfumes I have ever had on. Whatever is in it must not mix well with my pheremones because all of Chanel's scents I tried were so bad on me, I would not wear them even if they were free and I had no other perfume to wear. It smelled like a thirty year old bottle of Avon on me (I actually know what tha smells like, my Mom has some of those collector bottles) and it is a dead ringer. I would love to smell this on someone who loves it on them. I just can not imagine this smelling good on someone, although I understand it can. This is not a fragrance I would blindly order, test it out first.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

I tried the Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere twice at Macy's Chanel counter. What a lovely fragrance! I'll agree with those reviewers who write that this fragrance wears off after an hour --- you are so correct!!! At $130 a bottle I'd expect a better product from Chanel.

This product has been reformulated, probably due to industry regulations (just like all the other products of the No 5 range). The old version came in the long bottle you can see in the picture, the new one is in the classic Chanel square bottle. All No 5 products I've tested are a lot weaker in sillage and seem to disappear quicker. This is even sadder if we consider that Chanel is famous for its potent and long-lasting formulas.
The most pleasant scent I've ever felt was Chanel No 5 Sensual Elixir. It's also the safest scent I can imagine, I would be really surprised if anyone found it offensive. Sensual Elixir is discontinued now, I guess the raw materials banned or limited could not be substituted in this gel form. Because of this I bought the Eau Premiere, which I used in the past, so I knew what is should smell like.
This new version of the Eau Premiere is creamier and soapier, it has less lemon, so it's closer to the Sensual Elixir (YEAH!), but I can hardly smell it after an hour. The difference is minor, if you liked the old Premiere, I think you'll like the new one as well, and there's a fat chance you won't even feel any difference at all.
I've read some forums and reviews on perfume sites, and a lot of people have the same experience as mine. The sales assistants are trained to say that the new formula is longer-lasting (otherwise the same), and there are numerous customers who attest to that, but others (like me) feel the contrary. I still said yes to repurchase, because the scent is lovely, and if they can't offer a stronger version I'm afraid I'll have to stick with this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the EDT and parfum. I really wanted to love Eau Premiere. I have been wanting a bottle for a year at least. I finally picked one up on bonus redemption day at SDM.

I love this bright, sunny version of No.5.

I felt it was perfect for the warmer months except that $150CAD for 100ml is outrageous for a fragrance that lasts less than an hour on my skin, hair, and clothes. It is as short-lived as my vintage No.5 Cologne but less interesting. I'm sure I will use it up because it doesn't last but, I will not replace it when I do. I feel it was a waste of the SDM points I redeemed to purchase it.

My experience was an utter disappointment. 4-5 sprays and it was completely gone in an hour! Not even a trace left.

Popular Fragrances