The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

Filtered by hair type : Other
The Body Shop Aloe Protective Serum

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Water, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lanolin, Polysilicone-11, Sodium Hydroxide, Bisabolol, Lecithin, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract.

on 4/6/2013 12:18:00 AM

I'm now onto my second 'tube' of this serum, and I can safely say that it works wonders on my skin.
I have some scarring on one of my cheeks from a terrible time with pimples two years ago, and when I use this serum, it helps to calm my skin and make take the redness out of the scarring.
I use it underneath the Aloe Vera night cream / day cream, but I know that it's not those creams that make the difference to the scarring, becasue when the serum ran out, the scarring appeared darker.
I also found that when I wasn't using it that the Aloe Vera moisturisers weren't quite moisturising enough on their own which was quite interesting, as I have combination skin.
I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from sensitive skin + scarring, as it really does seem to help.
Only things I have noticed about the product that I don't really like is that when I first put it on, it tingles a little bit on my face. This doesn't last too long, and doesn't irritate it. I also think that it smells a little bit strange, but once it has soaked in, there is no smell.

on 7/12/2011 3:13:00 AM

I liked this product, it helped sooth my dry skin and provided an extra layer of moisturiser to my skin as well as my day moisteriser. But other than that it didn't really do anything. The product was quite pointless to me, and although I liked the product the more I used it the more I wondered what it was actually for. I'm not buying this product or any other serum again.

on 1/3/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't really know why I bought this product? My deep seeded need to try and test new products? Anyway, I don't really understand this product. It's meant to be a pre-moisturiser? So your meant to cleanse, tone, then put this serum on THEN a moisturiser? It feels like too many steps to me.

I prefer a good toner before a moisturiser anyway. This is a very simple serum, it sinks into the skin really well. It doesn't offer any moisture at all. This is a bit of a nothing product for me. It made no difference to the look or feel of my skin at all. So I don't use it anymore.

on 3/6/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

smells foul and my face broke out overnight.