L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
L'Oreal Telescopic Carbon Black

4.1

This is one of my two go-to-forever mascaras! (The there is CoverGirl’s LashBlast mascara in the orange tube). The formula for this particular mascara is quite wet, and SO black. I never buy waterproof mascara so I can only review the regular version, and have never had an issue with flakes. What I adore most about it is how long and lean my lashes look! First coat I typically get really log looking lashes by simply swiping from root to tip. For the second coat (if you have the time), go at the base of your lashes to the middle and do a little back and forth wiggle (side to side rather than root to tip). This will add some bulk at the base, creating a more voluminous look and prevent your lashes from drooping down throughout the day. As you use the product over a few months it will dry out a bit more but still give you an amazing outcome! My only complaint would be the price. It’s usually around $12 where I live.

on 8/3/2017 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Despite its non-waterproof status, this mascara is holy grail of all time. It gives me va-va voom length and volume while separating my lashes and coating them into a bold black color. The packaging also helps attracting my attention with its miniature telescopic design. Overall, this is a super amazing mascara.

on 3/6/2016 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

It looks so good on the lashes. Lengthens well, but it smudges by the end of the day. I don't really like buying waterproof formulas though. The waterproof version might be better, but not the regular version unfortunately.

on 2/26/2016 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The WORST mascara I have ever used! I have never known of a mascara to 'uncurl' my lashes but this one does: It made my lashes straight and flat after I had curled them!
The brush is so long and thin that it bends every time you try and put it back in the bottle making a mess everywhere. Threw it in the bin!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been wearing makeup for almost 40 years (yikes!) and this is THE best drug store mascara I have. I LOVE it, and have been using it for about a year now. It does a great job of lengthening my lashes and separating them. The brush is thin enough to reach corners and hard to apply spots. It does not smudge or flake at all. I also do not have a problem with it clumping.
I have a lot of lashes and don't need much volume, just need length. If your looking for volume this does add a little, but is mainly a lengthening product that does what it it says.
I have a list I keep of all products I have tried, and how well they have worked. Out of the 52 mascaras I have tried, this one ranks in the top 3. And best of all, it is affordable! This works better than many mascaras I have tried that cost 3 times as much.
For anyone looking for length in a mascara I would highly recommend this.

on 12/23/2015 5:45:00 PM

Yuk! Gloppy with useless comblike wand that clumps my lashes!

on 8/14/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I would cry if they discontinued this which I feel like they are because they only have a row of them at any drugstore you go to versus two rows.. this usually means they're slowly going to pull it..... NO LOREAL DONT DO IT JUST DONT.

This mascara gives me LIFE. In other words, Long lashes galore. I get the "what mascara do you use", "are those your real eye lashes" on the daily. One time I was in the middle of saying something to one of my co-workers and she goes "I just can't look at you, you're eyelashes are so long".

Yes my friends, I think I've found my true one and only.

If you don't like really black mascara, don't buy this, you won't like it. If you also don't like the "im wearing mascara" look, don't buy this. If you don't want in your face lashes, don't buy this (but why you would even bother with mascara then is beyond me, but hey each to their own).

This mascara does not transfer, its wand is so long and skinny so you can get every single lash, I just love it. I would say this mascara is on the clumpier side (not clumpy but just thicker), you won't get "clean" lashes. This truly thickens your lashes and gives them length.

On a different note, every mascara works differently for everyone and you can't expect to have up to your eyebrows eyelashes if you don't have long lashes to start with. With that being said, I think this mascara is honestly the best at the drugstore and even competes with higher end mascaras. It honestly really does lengthen and give volume.

Also, don't be fooled into the shocking extensions telescopic, the carbon black gives way more length and I like the wand of the carbon black better. The shocking extensions mascara is very average compared to the carbon black one.

on 6/25/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has become my HG mascara hands down. I've stopped using my Benefit Roller Lash completely and I was obsessed with that one (still think it's great, just like this better). Took some time to master my technique with this one but the results are incredible. Nothing gives length like this mascara and it never flakes. Holds my curl nicely. On my 2nd tube already and will buy again and again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Ok i looove this stuff! Its honestly amazing, i wasn't really expecting anything to big but it made my eye lashes so much longer and it didn't make them all hard and clumpy like other mascaras do. They felt so soft and natural, i will definitely re-purchase. if you have short lashes in need of lengthening, here you go!

on 10/9/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My lashes: dark, medium length, no need for curling, longer on the center and outer corners.
I've tried many mascaras; some have been great, others have done nothing, but this mascara did bad things it made my eyelashes look horrible. Bad enough that I threw it away after two uses. The wand is long, thin, and flexible, so a classic wand for lenghting...but it did horrors to my lashes. They got weighed down and clupmy. My eyes watered, which almost never happens with a mascara. My lower lashes were a mess also. A lot of the product got in my water line. I know how to use mascara, so it's not me, it's this product. Literally, the only thing I liked was the packaging.