L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Carbon Black

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love telescopic and I’ve used it with regularity over the years. The Carbon Black is hard to find here, (I actually thought it had been discontinued). It took me a while to find it and give it a try.
I’ve been using it exclusively since I got it about two months ago. It provides excellent lengthening and definition - really separates lashes well; it’s not the most thickening mascara - however, it works beautifully with lash primer to add fullness.
One of the reasons I’ve been using this so much is I’ve been applying false lashes (singles, not cartoon cow Instagram lashes) and this works beautifully over them.

Also, it seems to be lasting longer than most- product use wise. I think this is in part because it’s a wet formula so it doesn’t dry out. It just gets better and a bit thicker with use.
Does not flake or smudge.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is just ok for me. It definitely gives length, but it also clumps my lashes so badly that I end up looking like I only have 3 really long lashes. No thanks.

it's not the best, but it's definitely not the worst. it lengthens a lot, but when i try to build volume it gets clumpy. i do like how black it is though. soooo black.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It's just ok... I was actually surprised to see so many positive reviews. I find it to be super wet and it just doesn't do enough for me. You have to work with it a lot to get results. It takes this mascara at least 2-3 coats to do what my holy grail does with one coat. It comes off way too easily and smudges.

on 6/9/2015 12:42:00 AM

First of all, I feel like this product is a try and true because my boyfriend complimented me by saying "your eyelashes look really long and pretty today." He's not usually one to compliment my eyelashes, so if he noticed something different I feel like that is saying something! First of all, I love how dark and pigmented this mascara is. I feel like it looks fantastic with any eyeshadow look, but specifically with smokey eyes. It adds instant drama no matter what is on my eyelids. Second of all, this does add significant length to your lashes. I wouldn't grab this if you are seeking volume, but Ive found that if I use a voluminizing mascara that is thin, and then top it off with this mascara I get a really great length and volume. Thirdly, this has pretty good staying power with minimal flaking. I do notice a tiny bit of flaking, but no smudging. It holds curl as well, and for like $7.99 it beats out a lot of high end mascaras.

L'Oreal Telescopic is my all time favorite mascara! I am really into lengthening mascaras, than volumizing ones, and this works great for that. This is probably the best lengthening mascara at the drugstore and the price is reasonable. I'm a fan of the tiny wand because my lashes are quite short and pretty much non existent and this makes my lashes appear and lengthens them, which is all I need. I know that others like to layer this for length and then apply a different volumizing mascara and I heard it works great for that too (I haven't tried it personally). Overall, I highly recommend trying this product and I would repurchase it again!

on 12/30/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this mascara a lot. It is a thick formula, but the comb type brush helps to separate the lashes. This mascara is quite dramatic and I would not recommend it to beginners or anyone who isn't "good" at applying mascara. The brush takes a little bit of getting used to, but it pays off once you have the hang of it! This mascara is good for both volume and length. The color is very black and it doesn't smudge under my eyes. I take this off with coconut oil no problem.

Amazing. My new HG mascara. I like very dramatic mascara that gives me long, full, black lashes. Sadly I was born with blonde, straight, invisible lashes. Without mascara you can't tell I have any. My old HG was the red lash stiletto, which no one ever tried so it was discontinued. I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with this mascara. I'd cry! This stuff makes my eyelashes look fake in the best kind of way. They're also not crispy, flaky, or smudgey. I just bought it and I've already been complimented twice on my eyelashes! I will never buy anything else as long as they keep making this! In the picture, my right eye (left side of the pic) is the Telescopic Carbon Black, my left is Great Lash Tiny Little Lashes. Huge difference!

Full Size Image

on 3/17/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loved this at first, but after 2 weeks it started flaking really bad. My eyes were red and irritated from the tiny flakes so I threw it away. Maybe I just bought a bad tube? With all the other options I will try something else.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

If you want great length and curl then this is the mascara for you. I was impressed by the great curl it holds, but it does nothing for volume and separation of lashes.

I'm a mascara junkie, like I've experimented with over 10 different mascaras these past 3 months and this mascara actually makes me look like i have less lashes! Yes, it lengthens and holds a great curl, but it makes my lashes look less invisible as they stick together and form long spidery lashes. Also i hate the wand, it bends and bounces around so easily i kept smudging and i couldn't get the wand back into the tube easily to apply a 2nd coat. Not sure if i would buy it again. Wish the wand was ridged and the teeth on the brush were different so i could separate my lashes more.