Biotin (All brands)

Filtered by skin tone : Other
 Biotin (All brands)
Biotin 2 weeks growth (I take Biotin 10000mcg daily)

I regrew my hair and you can too. -I've been bleaching my hair on and off since forever. My hair wouldn't grow any longer it would just snap off. I've dreamed about having thick, long hair. And when I say dreamed, I mean it quite literally. So i decided to do something about it. My friend suggested Biotin when we were talking about my hair loss.
I’ve tried like 4 different brands until i found that the best one for me. Now i’m 26 and I've been taking Biotin every day for years. My hair and nails grow SO much quicker. Hair has increased in the rate and are so long now.
Also my energy levels are high. I remember that at the beginning i did heavy cardio and interval training which helped me lose weight fast but i did not realize how biotin played a part in my weight loss until AFTER i stopped working out. I continue to take biotin every day and now that I am no longer on my diet i eat whatever i want and i don't gain weight. It appears the biotin may be keeping my metabolism to the level it was at during my training. So i highly recommend it to you. For me the best is www.certifiedbiotin.com my friends also use this one.

on 8/23/2014 2:21:00 AM

I am taking this 5000 mg dissolving tablet on the advice of my podiatrist to strengthen my toenails because of a perennial fungal infection that has survived multiple bouts of oral anti fungal Rx (it clears up but never permanently and I worry about my liver function) and has spread, albeit slowly to other nails. My toenails also bruise easily as Drs have said my feet look like a long-distance runner's-not so from the ankles up, but I digress. I have had no negative effects such as mentioned by others here. My fingernails seem to have benefitted most in terms of speed of growth but I have seen no improvement elsewhere. It's only been 6 weeks so I will continue and see. These were on sale at Costco for $12 which seems a little much but I take this with the even more costly Sustanex chewy probiotics $20 as a treat. Boy that seems pretty sad, no?

on 6/16/2014 11:49:00 AM

I've been using Eu Natural Biotin 5000 mcg from Amazon since the start of the year and it works. My nails haven't been this strong in years and hair has been growing much quicker. Highly recommended you get this brand also since they use pure Biotin.

on 1/3/2014 3:30:00 PM

I have been using the oral supplement (tablet form) of biotin for about one year. I have super fine wavy hair that is prone to dryness, frizziness, split ends, and breakage. I thought using this affordable supplement was worth a try. I use the Natrol brand in the 1000 mcg dose.

I take it with food. Some multivitamins contain biotin. So you may not even need a separate supplement to get the benefits. The product is said to strengthen nails and/or hair by improving keratin "infrastructure." Keratin is a protein in hair, skin and nails.

I would say taking this product regularly for several months did improve the strength and appearance of my hair. My hair is color-treated and exposed to heat styling tools 4-5 times per week. I wash it every other day with a mild shampoo and then condition. I use a silicone-free shampoo, because silicone products tend to build up on my hair leaving it weighed down and lifeless.

I don't see any research data that shows biotin will speed hair growth. I haven't experienced accelerated hair growth when taking biotin. I think brushing my hair with a Mason Pearson brush at night aids growth, because it stimulates circulation in my scalp and distributes natural oils (sebum) to the ends of my hair. I believe the natural oils help to protect and strengthen the ends of my hair.

My fingernails are also thin. They tend to get small splits on the surface.I have seen little change in my nail health when using biotin.

I've read that there are negative side effects if a person takes too much biotin. It can lower your body's levels of other vitamins, among other things. So be careful not to exceed recommended dosages. Ask your doctor or a qualified health professional about taking biotin. Be aware of how much biotin is in your multivitamin, and take that into consideration before taking the supplement on its own.

Brewer's yeast, whole grains, eggs, dairy, and broccoli are good sources of biotin. I always try to get desired nutrients from food as well as supplements.

There's no magic pill for long healthy hair. I think you have to combine several healthy habits to make your hair its best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product. Promotes healthy skin and nails but it is a must that you drink alot of water with this product. If not you will have acne.

Biotin does wonderful things for my nails and hair.........they grow like crazy! I have found that Biotin does not cause any acne symptoms for me. I take 5000mcg daily.

Bummer. I wanted this to see if it could strengthen my hair but within 3 days of starting to take it, I had a break out of 9 mini pimples. Not everyone can handle the biotin, I am one of those who can't.

I did not purchase this particular brand, I bought the Biotin 5000 mcg. from GNC. I had to share the good news, biotin is a miracle worker.

I have medium-fine hair, which I had cut into a very short bob (w/ stacked layers in the back), the longest my hair would reach is to my chin. I did this back in August, because it was so hot, it was an impulse haircut. By November, I was tired of short hair, so I got extensions (cost $500), the plan was to wear them until my hair grew out, but since my hair was so short; my stylist had to cut layers (all around my head), to cover the top part of the extensions. I was fearful that if the extensions came all out, I would have a choppy looking hairdo. Anyways, by January, the extensions were looking ratty, so I took them out, my hair was in that awkward in-between stage. I read so many good things about biotin supplements, I decided to give it a try.
I've been on the biotin pills for 1 month now, and it's amazing. What it did is , it made my hair a lot thicker than it ever was. It has added an extra layer of hair (all over), and the hair (that grows around the face) grows in more, as well as thickens. It also made my scalp line (on top of my head) close-up, it's less wide than it used to be. It also made my nails strong, almost as strong as having fake nails.
This is a must have for everyone, I paid 30 bucks for 120 pills, and it's so worth it. The best way to describe it is this, it's like your hair is getting it's winter-coat (like dogs fur comes in more the winter -a dogs winter coat).

I've been taking 5-10 MG's of Biotin a day since September. That is a high dose & I am definately getting GREAT results! My hair was shedding like crazy this summer & my Derm. reccomended I take Biotin. Now my hair has grown in thicker & the shedding/fallout has subsided. I plan to always take this amazing vitamin.

Popular Treatments