Blue Cross Cuticle Remover

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Caustic Potash, Calcium Carrageenan, Oil

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This cuticle remover has become a staple in my nail care routine. I purchased the 16 oz bottle from Sally's Beauty Supply after reading so many great reviews for this product. It quickly and painlessly removes the cuticle and dead skin around my nails and doesn't have an offensive smell. The only con is the super thin consistency, but for the value and performance of this product that can be easily over looked. I purchased this product almost a year ago and have used less that half an once of the product. I just fill up an empty cleaned out nail polish bottle to make the application easier. I highly recommend this product for people who do their manis and pedis at home as well as professionals.

I had my husband purchase a jumbo bottle from Sally for me, before I had ever tried this. I was that sure I'd love it. However, the first time I took it out to use it, I was shocked at how thin it was. I thought maybe it was the hot Tampa weather that turned it that way. Then I saw reviews and was like, phew, it's supposed to be like that. I am planning to move this into a bottle with a brush because I waste some when I pour it, especially on my toenails. Don't forget to gently rub it into your cuticles.

To Read all 93 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is the best cuticle remover I have ever used. It works like a charm and you don't have to wait for it to do it's job. Simply drip on, and use whatever tool you want to push cuticles back and soften them up. Great way to nip off dead skin too.
My ONLY gripe is that it is so thin! Its runs all over if you're not careful

I've been using on and off the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover but was never totally pleased with the results. I had a bottle of this blue cross a long time ago and remember I didn't like it because it was very watery and messy and wasted the whole bottle on a pedicure. Since then I repurchased the Sally Hansen one because it stays put (gel formula) and many many other cuticle "removers" that didn't remove anything. I decided it's time to give this one another try and I love it ...enough to get over how messy it is and how much product gets wasted but it's ok because it's cheap. <3

I have been using using the Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover (blue gel) for a while and I love that but sometimes wondered what would happen when I ran out of it as no one really seems to stock it here. (Brisbane)

My research lead me to this one and after reading various blogs and reviews I searched for where I could get hold of it. I found it in Glamaco at Browns Plains and purchased the smaller 6 Fl OZ (180 mls or so) size to try as I didn't know how well it would work for me etc etc. They do stock a much bigger size bottle as well.

My, my, my what a surprise. It hadn't been that long since I'd last done my cuticles but was absolutely dying to try the Blue Cross and I was stunned to see just how much stuff it removed. It doesn't doesn't have a terrible smell and even this small bottle looks like it will last me just about forever.

It was $5 for the size I bought which considering the longevity of how long it will last and compared to other cuticle removers you can purchase in the shops it is an absolute bargin. Best way to apply this (it is a watery consistency) is by putting some into an old nail polish bottle (I used a konad special polish bottle) and then the application is easy and quick.

It is well worth a try and you could even buy a bigger bottle and divide it amongst a few friends which should make it even better value.

I'm very very happy that I decided to get this. Gets the job done brilliantly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Maybe I have exceptionally tough cuticles but this stuff does absolutely nothing for me. I read the reviews here and followed the directions but I might as well have just put some hand cream on them.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I always wondered what the techs at nail salons used to get my cuticles looking shiny brand new! Found this at sallys for $4.99 US, its going to last me forever! Not only does it work like a charm, quickly, painlessly, but at this rate i'll never run out! NO more clipping my cuticles off and cutting it too close!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cuticle remover. LOVE LOVE LOVE it on so many levels.

1. Works quickly. I apply a drop to the nail base/cuticle and let soak for about 10 seconds (that's right seconds) I then use a cuticle pusher-I go between my metal pusher or an orange stick. Push back the melted goo of cuticle back. If my cutes are bad, then I repeat with another drop. Then use a bounty paper sheet to wipe up left over goo. Seldom if there is a hangnail, I then use my tweezermann nipper to nip it away. No soaking involved. All nails done in 2 minutes flat.

2. Super cheap! I purchased my bottle at Sally's. Under six bucks for 32 oz. It's crazy cheap.

3. Will last FOREVER. I am still using the same bottle I purchase 3 years ago...it's about 50% empty now. I do weekly manicures and monthly pedicures at home. Even if someone was to use this professionally in a salon...it's still very cost effective.

4. Works great for pedicures. I pour a capful into my soaking basis. Softens calluses nicely so one can just buff away easily with a pumice or rasp/file.

The only downside it packaging, size of the bottle to apply to a nail is really awkward, and one would spill this stuff all over. I just pour a small amount into an empty Essie dry drop bottle---works great. (PS. will be upgrading it to a DL bottle when I'm done with that cuticle remover)

Highly recommend this cuticle remover. I do try other brands, but nothing works as well and quick as for such little cost like Blue Cross.

This stuff is awesome! I had never tried a cuticle remover like this before so i did a bit of research before purchasing one and man i'm glad i did. This is super quick and easy to use. I found it best to use a qtip to apply it and then rub the cuticle off and if needed just my nail to push it back. I tried using a plastic cuticle pusher and it almost like scratched? my nail a bit, without the liquid it had never done that before. I was pretty surpised since i found it to be a very gentle formula. This worked perfect couldn't have asked for anything more. I highly suggest trying this.

This stuff is amazing and the amount you get is basically a lifetime supply. I apply to my cuticles with 2 q-tips. First, I dunk one in and moisten all of my cuticles. Then, I go back with the same q-tip and scrub a little. I then repeat the process and follow up by washing my hands and scrubbing up with a nail brush. You can use as much or as little as you like and scrub/soak for however long you feel necessary, but you'll find that eventually your skin will start to burn. This is a chemical exfoliant so it's serious business. When you start to feel the burn it's time to wash it off. Even if you don't see much improvement with initial use you will find with regular use (I do it about weekly) your cuticles will disappear and over time it is very low maintenance.

Popular Treatments