Blue Cross Cuticle Remover

Price: $

Water, Caustic Potash, Calcium Carrageenan, Oil

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the HG of cuticle removers and callous softening. The bottle is huge and unwieldly, but easy to dispense into a smaller bottle for regular use. My feet were scary bad after this rough Winter and I am so glad that this made them more presentable.

Use 1: I usually take a qtip and rub it along my cuticles, wait a few minutes and wash my hands. When I forget my hands are not very forgiving and I can get some very unhappy hang nails. I keep a tiny amount in a glass dropper bottle.

Use 2: I soak my feet in warm soapy water, then dry them well. I get two plastic bags, two cotton pads and put a generous amount on the cotton. I put the pads on my heels, then the bag, then big socks. I never leave this on more than 8 minutes, then wash off thoroughly. Afterward you should be able to easily buff off any dead skin, just be careful to not exfoliate too much. A good lotion after and your feet should look good as new.

This is such an affordable and effective product. Just don't use it on broken skin or cracked heels, and be sure to wash it off well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This thing is a game changer! I've tried many others including highly praised Sally Hansen that didn't work out for me and I'm very grateful that thanks to MUA I've found this one.
It's very efficient, and it works fast. I put it on cuticles from the bottle dispenser, wait for about 30 seconds, and go with an orange stick to push cuticles back. I do it once a week, cut some skin when needed, this product makes it super soft. My cuticles were never in better shape!
I'm a very careful person so I do not find this product to be messy or runny, it doesn't go all over the place, I have zero waste using it.
I believe that small bottle will last me for more than two years.
Highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This cuticle remover has become a staple in my nail care routine. I purchased the 16 oz bottle from Sally's Beauty Supply after reading so many great reviews for this product. It quickly and painlessly removes the cuticle and dead skin around my nails and doesn't have an offensive smell. The only con is the super thin consistency, but for the value and performance of this product that can be easily over looked. I purchased this product almost a year ago and have used less that half an once of the product. I just fill up an empty cleaned out nail polish bottle to make the application easier. I highly recommend this product for people who do their manis and pedis at home as well as professionals.

I had my husband purchase a jumbo bottle from Sally for me, before I had ever tried this. I was that sure I'd love it. However, the first time I took it out to use it, I was shocked at how thin it was. I thought maybe it was the hot Tampa weather that turned it that way. Then I saw reviews and was like, phew, it's supposed to be like that. I am planning to move this into a bottle with a brush because I waste some when I pour it, especially on my toenails. Don't forget to gently rub it into your cuticles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is the best cuticle remover I have ever used. It works like a charm and you don't have to wait for it to do it's job. Simply drip on, and use whatever tool you want to push cuticles back and soften them up. Great way to nip off dead skin too.
My ONLY gripe is that it is so thin! Its runs all over if you're not careful

I've been using on and off the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover but was never totally pleased with the results. I had a bottle of this blue cross a long time ago and remember I didn't like it because it was very watery and messy and wasted the whole bottle on a pedicure. Since then I repurchased the Sally Hansen one because it stays put (gel formula) and many many other cuticle "removers" that didn't remove anything. I decided it's time to give this one another try and I love it ...enough to get over how messy it is and how much product gets wasted but it's ok because it's cheap. <3

I have been using using the Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover (blue gel) for a while and I love that but sometimes wondered what would happen when I ran out of it as no one really seems to stock it here. (Brisbane)

My research lead me to this one and after reading various blogs and reviews I searched for where I could get hold of it. I found it in Glamaco at Browns Plains and purchased the smaller 6 Fl OZ (180 mls or so) size to try as I didn't know how well it would work for me etc etc. They do stock a much bigger size bottle as well.

My, my, my what a surprise. It hadn't been that long since I'd last done my cuticles but was absolutely dying to try the Blue Cross and I was stunned to see just how much stuff it removed. It doesn't doesn't have a terrible smell and even this small bottle looks like it will last me just about forever.

It was $5 for the size I bought which considering the longevity of how long it will last and compared to other cuticle removers you can purchase in the shops it is an absolute bargin. Best way to apply this (it is a watery consistency) is by putting some into an old nail polish bottle (I used a konad special polish bottle) and then the application is easy and quick.

It is well worth a try and you could even buy a bigger bottle and divide it amongst a few friends which should make it even better value.

I'm very very happy that I decided to get this. Gets the job done brilliantly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Maybe I have exceptionally tough cuticles but this stuff does absolutely nothing for me. I read the reviews here and followed the directions but I might as well have just put some hand cream on them.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I always wondered what the techs at nail salons used to get my cuticles looking shiny brand new! Found this at sallys for $4.99 US, its going to last me forever! Not only does it work like a charm, quickly, painlessly, but at this rate i'll never run out! NO more clipping my cuticles off and cutting it too close!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my HG cuticle remover. LOVE LOVE LOVE it on so many levels.

1. Works quickly. I apply a drop to the nail base/cuticle and let soak for about 10 seconds (that's right seconds) I then use a cuticle pusher-I go between my metal pusher or an orange stick. Push back the melted goo of cuticle back. If my cutes are bad, then I repeat with another drop. Then use a bounty paper sheet to wipe up left over goo. Seldom if there is a hangnail, I then use my tweezermann nipper to nip it away. No soaking involved. All nails done in 2 minutes flat.

2. Super cheap! I purchased my bottle at Sally's. Under six bucks for 32 oz. It's crazy cheap.

3. Will last FOREVER. I am still using the same bottle I purchase 3 years ago...it's about 50% empty now. I do weekly manicures and monthly pedicures at home. Even if someone was to use this professionally in a salon...it's still very cost effective.

4. Works great for pedicures. I pour a capful into my soaking basis. Softens calluses nicely so one can just buff away easily with a pumice or rasp/file.

The only downside it packaging, size of the bottle to apply to a nail is really awkward, and one would spill this stuff all over. I just pour a small amount into an empty Essie dry drop bottle---works great. (PS. will be upgrading it to a DL bottle when I'm done with that cuticle remover)

Highly recommend this cuticle remover. I do try other brands, but nothing works as well and quick as for such little cost like Blue Cross.

Popular Treatments