no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

fantastic filer! I don't like to file my nails too much, but when I need to, this filer gives me exactly the right smoothness. =) It's easy to use and I love the way it looks. It lasts years before you will need/want to replace it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

One of the best nail files out on the market. Everyone should invest in one of these. I have three (hangs head). They are freaking amazing. Kind of on the expensive side, but worth the money, because unless you drop it, it will last you for the rest of your life.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Everyone needs to have at least one glass, crystal, diamond or ceramic file in their nail care arsenal. Essie's Crystal file is a good mid-priced option. Leaves a nice smooth edge and unless you drop it (don't drop it!) it will last for years!

About reviewer (2422 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

7 years ago

This nail file is amazing and has changed my life! I bought this 3 years ago and it is in perfect condition (I dropped it once when out of its case and it has a tiny chip but still works fine). This is well worth the high price it will last you forever. will list the positives of this nail file. 1. It lasts forever, or pretty much as long as you don't break it. 2. It files nail beautifully, you can file it both ways and it doesn't split your nails. It almost buffs your nail down rather than file, it files smoothly which prevents nail breakages and keeps nail strong. 3. It comes with a protective shatter-proof case which I keep it in and it has stopped my file breaking many times.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

9 years ago

I love my Essie Crystal Nail File. I have had it now for almost 1 year and have no regrets with my purchase. When filing my nails, it leaves the edges smooth and without snags; it also prevents splitting and peeling. It makes filing my natural nails easy and fast. I like that it can be washes, and sanitized for continued years of use. I plan on buying another Essie Crystal File as a backup to keep in my purse. Also, it comes with a convenient case for protection. You won't be disappointed. (Not Affiliated)

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Coarse

9 years ago

After dropping my last crystal file I was on the prowl for another one today, trying to decide between another Essie and a Nailtek. I searched the product reviews and this board for a comparison and did not find one, so I am posting this comparison in case it helps anyone in the future. Since I had Essie and Revlon in the past, I coughed up a little more for the Nailtek, and I am glad I did! Here's the skinny: 1) Revlon - not worth your $$. Too rough at first, then takes way too many passes to file anyway, nails on chalkboard effect all the time, dulls quickly. Just go for a better one IMO. 2) Essie - very good, this was my first one. However, after a year or two of use it dulled. The case was also a pain to handle and not lose the cap, which is why I ended up breaking it. 3) Nailtek - my favorite!!! It is smooth but has enough grit to file quickly. Once in a blue moon you do get the nails in the chalkboard effect, but just it's really just once in a while and the same is true with the Essie. Within a minute I learned to adjust my angle and motion without issues. A couple passes go a long way (but not in a bad way). This is the smoothest and most effective of all, plus the case is cute and effective. Now if it lasts the Nailtek will definitely be my HG!!! I hope this helps someone out there. Crystal files are DEFINITELY the way to go if you want to grow your nails. I can't believe Trade Secrets charges $22 for the Essie, though. It's $9.99 at Ulta, and the Nailtek is $16.50 there too. Of course if you can get a coupon then you save a little more.

About reviewer (70 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3.0

9 years ago

This review is for the mini file. I bought this as a 'just in case' to keep at work, but started using it a little when I misplaced my larger Manicare crystal file for a couple of weeks. It does a good job, but I found that within a few days, the nails I had filed started to crack/split on the edges. Once I found my regular file and went back to that ( had to file my nails short past the splits), the cracks stopped again, so as nothing else had changed I'm pretty sure it was this file. It does do the job and it's really handy in size and has great storage, but I would not use it or anything more than an emergency fix. It just doesn't do as smooth a job as my manicare crystal file, and I can even feel the difference when I run my finger along the surface - it is much rougher.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

10 years ago

I'm trying to grow out my nails for the first time in my life. According to various boards and forums, crystal files are the way to go, and they're right! I noticed right away when I used this that the edge of my nail was perfectly smooth, so there's nothing to snag and eventually peel/break/tempt me to chew. I like that this is washable and it retains its surface. I look forward to having this for many years!

About reviewer (137 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

10 years ago

No breakage in two months- I will never go back to metal or emery board files. SUPERB product!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairSilver, Other, Other

EyesBlue

10 years ago

There is not much you can say about a nail file so forgive me if someone has already stated what I am about to. I used to be a nail tech in high school and some of college, so I've seen my share of files, emery boards, etc. The crystal concept is nothing new, but I never used it until I purchased the essie one. I trust and like essie products a lot, plus I hate the debris other files leave behind. That was always such a pain when using them on other people. This file is way less messy, easier to sanitize, longer lasting and leaves the nails smoother because it is not like cement or grains glued to a board. It is not cheap, but in the long run, it will be more cost effective because you will not have to constantly replace it. I like the tip because it is good for going under the nail to smooth out or take away tips of the nail that folded inward (you know what I mean right?). The only flaws, which are very minor: it is not thin enough like other files to really get the sides of the nails very well and if used a certain way it can make you cringe, like nails on a chalkboard. Overall excellent buy, especially if you are using it on yourself and you like to keep it handy.

About reviewer (230 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair