Avon Beyond Color Plumping Lip Color - Terracota

No Image

4.6

on 2/8/2017 3:05:00 PM

Found out this color (terracotta) is discontinued :(. Does anyone know of a good dupe?

on 5/19/2014 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this formula. It's very comfortable and moist. I took one lippie off because the color, although pretty, isn't really terracotta. It's more of a bright orange/coral rather than the deeper muted earth tone shade I was expecting. Still a winner though.

on 10/10/2008 7:47:00 PM

Received this as a sample. I could not believe how beautiful it is. I had to buy 2 tubes.
Not red, but a muted medium coral that is gorgeous with or without a liner.
The color makes my lips pop. Not orange at all.
I have hazel eyes and ivory skin and this color is amazing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

A very blunt in your face orangey coral. Not sheer, a little red, but with brown and orange uppermost.

I'm quite fair, with warm skin tones, NC15 to 20 is my best guess. Redhead, freckles, pale golden ivory skin with a lot of redness, green eyes. This is just OK on me. NOT one I'd reach for. I think Revlon's super lustrous line, as well as Elizabeth Arden, and Estee Lauder do a red coral and pink coral much much nicer.

the quality of the lipstick texture alone is lovely. The feel is lush and moisturizing. I buy the no colour version of this lipstick --its called a lip conditioner in bulk, for several years now, I must have gone thru a dozen by now at least. I highly recommend it.

I thought I'd try out the lipstick version so I bought 3, Terracotta, Twig and Canteloupe.

I'm liking this Terracotta somewhat, although it's an awfully bright orangey coral, but the Canteloupe looks like a dead peach landed on my lips and stuck there and the Twig looks like the remains of a vampire snack --dried blood! Very dark brown red with plummy undertones. Not pleasant. Twig is going back along with Canteloupe. Terracotta is the only one of the 3 that I consider wearable, and even that is saying a lot.

I'm not liking the colours much in this line. They seem garish and overstated somehow. Not subtle, not sheer and very cheap. Avon did a great thing with the underlying formula, but their colour in this line leaves a lot to be desired.

My general advice is that with Avon it's a mixed bag. They have some superstar products and some real junk. You can't tell till you buy, so for goodness sake, only buy a new thing when you've been able to test a sample or the price is low enough that you can afford to toss it out.

on 9/25/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this color. Wasn't too sure about it, since Avon's colors are really hit-or-miss and often misleading. Though I never imagined a coral-orange-red color could look good on me, somehow it's gorgeous when applied. I have fair/olive skin, dark hair, dark eyes, and I cannot handle peachy/orange colors at all. But this color looks classic and elegant on. It's a beautiful blend of red and coral. I wouldn't wear this everywhere, but it looks great with a subdued eye and light/nude blush. A gorgeous pop of vibrant color, and the Beyond Color line is so rich, creamy and conditioning, you can't go wrong. Love this line of lipsticks. I have these lipsticks in Cocoa, Twig, Mad for Mauve, Terracotta, and the colorless conditioner. Love them all.

on 1/17/2012 9:56:00 AM

I was admittedly skeptical about the plumping aspect that this lipstick claims, but it's very true! This is probably one of the most comfortable lipsticks on the lips (comparable to my Hourglass one), doesn't dry them out and it DOES plump them! The color is an amazing deep coral on my lips, although it leans a bit pinker because of my natural lip color. Beautiful for fall and winter.

When applied with a lip brush, this looks very natural and effortless. It has wonderful staying power; doesn't bleed or fade off weird.

Avon is one of my favorite brands, despite all the stigma it seems to have in the m/u world. This lipstick is no exception to their high quality products at crazy low prices.

on 10/21/2007 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a orangey brown (more orange) but I get so many compliments on it when I wear this color in the Fall. I usually wear it with a brown lipliner so the orange tangerine color is not super bright. beware of the color since only few people can pull it off. I looks specially good on olive skintone.