COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume Mascara

COVERGIRL Lash Blast Volume Mascara

3.7

“Waterproof”:Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. “Water-Resistant”: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really enjoy this mascara and the consistency of the formula. It's a drier formula, which is my preference. It holds a curl amazingly. My lashes are the blackest ever. Great volume, but not much length. I just accepted that most mascaras wouldn't give you volume+length+curl, so I just pick and use a mascara for just one attribute (either volume or length or curl). I layer Clump Crusher extensions for length+curl, and this one for volume. My lashes are very sparse, very short and very straight. My eyelids are dry. This combo works perfectly for that.

on 2/22/2019 10:32:00 PM

Its ok. I really dislike the end of the wand, too fat to get in close

on 2/7/2019 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I said I would repurchase this, and I probably would if I needed mascara and couldn't get to Ulta or something right away. But, I don't think this is mind-blowing or anything, it's just "good enough."

I vaguely remember a CG mascara being my HG product back in high school, but I have no clue what it was. I just remember, kind of, what the tube looked like. I haven't used CG products in more than a dozen years because they didn't impress me much back then.

Anyway... I was at the store around the holidays and saw signs proclaiming CG's new cruelty free status, and I needed new mascara bad. I've seen a lot of glowing reviews about this one, and some pretty bad ones, so I took a chance and bought it.

First application, I thought it was crap. Not the worst mascara I'd ever used, but a serious let down. I resigned myself to a few weeks of darkened lashes with no added volume or anything, until I could try another one. At least it didn't give me painfully stiff lashes, though, which was a nice change.

But then, after a few uses, it got so much better. It's still not amazing, but it lifts my lashes just enough to make the tips visible (my lashes point straight, but some also point down) and it did add an acceptable amount of volume. So, if I found myself desperate for mascara and I only had drugstore options to choose from, this would be the one I would choose. At least for now. I'm just not rushing out to repurchase it right now.

Pros:
-No flakes (well, mine is getting very slightly flaky now, but it's about 2 months old)
-Despite the large brush, it's not as messy as a lot of other mascaras I've tried
-No crunchy lashes! This is a big one for me. This mascara has been one of the most comfortable to wear that I've tried in years.
-Removes pretty easily (I take it off with an oil cleanser, usually, and don't have to work too hard to get it off)
-Inexpensive
-Easy to find
-Lasts all day (I don't think I've worn it longer than 14 hours, but it holds up and doesn't irritate my eyes)
-Adds some volume (no false-lash effect here, but it's fine)
-Builds pretty well (I usually apply one full coat, wait a few seconds, dab the brush around the middle to tips lightly, then let that fully dry before applying a full second coat which gives me results I'm satisfied with)
-Formula isn't too dry or wet

Cons:
-I expected more from a volumizing mascara
-Can be a little messy at the roots of lashes (I get tiny smudges I have to clean off, no matter how careful I am, but it's just a few specks so I'm not too bothered)
-Makes curl fall instantly (I have this problem with basically every mascara, though, so I rarely even bother curling my lashes since the effect I get without using a curler is usually better)
-Seems to dry out pretty fast (my higher end mascaras usually last a full 3 months, but some drugstore ones seem to start getting too dry much faster)

Overall, I'm not blown away, but I don't feel like I wasted money on this one. I think if you want a low fuss mascara that's fine for every day, and especially just a little step above natural looking, this would probably be an okay choice. It's not one I would recommend for dramatic looks, though, unless you were pairing it with false lashes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After a not-so-great experience with a Maybelline mascara, I decided (based upon numerous MUA reviews) that l'd give this a shot. Definitely a vast improvement on Maybelline! No clumping, adds length and volume whilst still looking natural. I don't use this as much as I used to, but on those days - or rather nights out when I want lots of definition, this is my go-to mascara. Almost every other mascara I've used has left smudges/black marks on my eyelids from the mascara transferring off my eyelashes, when rubbing against them, but not this one!

It isn't the easiest of mascaras to remove but then maybe that's a good thing considering it doesn't transfer onto my immediate eye area. Would rather have a harder time removing at the end of the night than having to repeatedly wipe it off my eyelids during the day. Love the compact applicator brush and how Lash Blast is so easily available and super affordable too!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 12/19/2018 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this...unfortunately the brush is much too big for my hooded lids and gets mascara everywhere.

not worth it for me.

on 11/16/2018 8:28:00 PM

I dislike this mascara immensely! I use a lash curler and primer. My lashes fell straight after two hours.

on 10/22/2018 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is terrible! After reading a number of reviews and seeing some reviews on YouTube, I decided to give it a try. The wand is way too big for me, and I got more on my eyelid than on my lashes. Then, when I got to work, it had flaked all over my cheeks! I'm not sure why this is getting such great reviews as it didn't give me any additional volume at all. I won't be repurchasing this and will likely toss out the new one I have.

I have very straight short lashes and need waterproof mascara. Been using this product for about 4-5 years and the curl lasted all day until recently. I bought it again summer 2018 and it seems that they must have changed the ingeredients as the curl didn’t last. Used it a few times and every time it was the same result. I don’t like the thick bottle and applicator wand. It’s hard to maneuver. Not sure why Covergirl has such thick mascara bottles. Mascara bottles and applicators should be long and sleek for easier handling. I only bought it because of the price and usually stock up when it was on sale. It worked fine and worked on my straight lashes. I will not be buying this again as it doesn’t keep the curl and the black colour is not intense enough. I will go back to my Japanese Heroine brand as it’s a little more expensive but it does the job!

on 8/22/2018 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The things I really like about this is that it stays well (I use this i.e. when I exercise - it doesn't flake or run), the brush separates my lashes well, it curls well, and this has to get pretty old to begin to clump (at least IME). What I don't like about this: it doesn't really give volume - it creates a pretty natural look, on my sparse lashes. I don't know how the people in the pictures above got so much volume, but I'm not about to apply 4 layers of mascara to get to that point. The way I like to use this mascara is: apply some on my top and bottom lashes, and then go in with one layer of a more wet formula on the top lashes to create more volume. What I really like is that if I applied the wet formula onto my bare lashes, they would instantly uncurl. However, the Lash Blast is really good at holding a curl, so I can create more volume without getting droopy lashes.

This is a mascara I use every day and have repurchased 4 times in the past year, so yes: I really, really like it. However, I deduct a star because I can't get away with only using this if I want my lashes to have good volume. I recommend it 100% if you have good lashes, want a ore natural look, or are fine with using this the way I do though :)

I use mascara for everyday makeup and I prefer formulas which lengthen lashes and do not flake. This mascara does the job decently. I put it on my 5 am and take it off at 6pm. Live in a tropical country though my office has air conditioning but my eyelids also tend to be oily. No smudging with this one. I also notice better effect when applied twice.