Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place EyeShadow Base

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am a huge Estee Lauder fan, I am obsessed with alot of their double wear range so when I saw this for sale I grabbed it.
I had high hopes for this as all of their products have been amazing, but it's just 'eh'.
In the pot you get a ton of product, and putting it on you use very little, but not much will go on the lids as the moment the heat on your hand touches it, it melts so you can layer it.
After the money I've spent on it I am determined to use it until it's either empty or dried up but I used it for days I'm just wearing a light eyeshadow usually in one shade for work or something low impact like that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I agree with the other reviews -it isn't great but it's not bad. Mine seems to be drying out now and I have had it for a few months. I don't know if I would buy it again. It is better than nothing.

on 5/30/2014 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This has not been the worst eye primer I have ever used but definitely not the best. I found you had to wait a while for it to dry or it creases very badly. It lasts on me about a half of day before my eye shadow faded. I will stick with NARS.

on 2/17/2012 7:13:00 AM

I like this eyeshadow base and it does do exactly what it says. It tnds to dry out after a cople of months, so make ure you always put the lid on firmly between uses. Eyeshadow does stay on for the day and like most ofthe double wear range, it has staying power. recommended.

on 6/6/2011 11:54:00 AM

I am not really satisfied by this. It creases on my eyelids even before I put my eyeshadow on. The jar is pretty good as packaging and the colour is fine. My bare study paintpot, however, is a much better eyeshadow base than this one!

on 4/26/2011 7:00:00 PM

I really like this product. Very easy to go on, I use a sponge applicator. Holds up well after long days at work and nice color show. I have other primers, but can't let this one go!! Will definitely repurchase, this stuff lasts forever though! I've had mine over a month and can't see much usage in the jar!!

I love this eyeshadow base- it doesn't crease on me like TFSI & it lasts much longer than UDPP. I like the smooth consistency of the product & it's easy to apply. It comes in a small, clear jar so you are able to see how much product is left & you can actually get it all out unlike the aforementioned brands! It lasts my entire 12 hr workday-no touchups required.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best eyeshadow base ever!!!! It does exactly what it promises: the eyehsadow stays in place all day long, no creasing, no smudging, applies really smoothly and the texture is so light.

This was not a "bad" product, however I am not impressed with it either. I found the glass jar an awkward method to remove product and the primer does not go on smooth.

on 6/25/2009 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily lids and had tried UDPP as my 1st foray into primers and loved the product, but was SO disappointed by the packaging. I discovered the EL base when they released the double Wear creme shadows recently. It is packaged in the same way as the shadows except the lid is navy not gold. It is a slightly peach toned creme base which I apply with my ring finger all over my eye including the brow before any other make up. I then apply my e/s, liner and brows. If I have any fallout I clean this away before applying more e/s base below my lower lash line. It makes the dark shadows there disappear before my very eyes as it has a peachy base to it.(I'm a PPP) It also prevents my lower liner and mascara from migrating south during the day!! Once I've finished applying all my eyemake (except mascara) I complete the rest of my face. Another plus is that it also helps my brow pencil to stay put! When I use this base my e/s colour is true to the pan shade and lasts until I decide to remove it, with absolutley no creasing. When I run out I will definitely repurchase. It is of a similiar price to UDPP, but doesn't con the consumer as you can get at ALL of the product.