Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.3

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I previously reviewed this product, and gave it five lippies. What has changed so drastically to make me re-think my opinion? Well, the price recently skyrocketed from $17.50 per ounce to $71.50 per ounce. The amount of product in the container went from 0.458 oz. (13 grams) for $8 to 0.14 oz (3.9 grams) for $10. While the product itself is of top-notch, superlative quality, the two color choices are sorely lacking (Naked is too light for most and Flesh is too dark for most), and now the price has skyrocketed overnight, placing itself out of reach in the long term. Sure, you might buy this powder once (be sure to buy both colors because you'll likely have to mix). To continue using this powder, my per year cost would be at least $200, and likely more! This product is no longer the affordable luxury it once was.

on 9/17/2003 12:11:00 PM

Finally, a great face powder that doesn’t make me look like a ghost and doesn’t cost a fortune. It works very similar to EL So Ingenious but at a third of the cost! I actually prefer SK over EL. I have pale yellow toned skin and Flesh blends perfectly with my skin. I wore it before I went to Florida for a week (pre-tan) and it matched and am now wearing it after my face tanned and it still matches! It does a pretty good job of keeping the oilies away (not perfect but close) and just gives a great finish to my foundation (and on good skin days, looks good just by itself). Highly recommend this…a superior product! Just wish it came in a larger container but it doesn’t take much on the brush to cover the entire face. I use a brush instead of the puff it comes with……both work good, though. UPDATE: Just went to buy my second container and the container is almost twice as small at the same price!!!! I can't believe Sonia is trying to rip the consumer off like this just because the product became popular. It has made me so furious, I refuse to purchase any of her products (and I even like them)!!!!!

The container is small, and difficult to work with, powder gets everywhere, and it caused breakouts after only two times. I noticed the pores on my nose looked large and strange after using this. Returning it!

Recently tried Merle Norman Luxiva Flawless Finish powder and that stuff is amazing!

on 3/31/2004 2:23:00 PM

I LOVE this powder, but I use to get this product at Target for $8.99 and it was in a fairly large container. Now it's in a very small container (I think .14 oz?) but definitely half the size it use to be for the same price)! Does anyone know if I can still get the larger container for about $9.00? I also wish they made a darker shade, but maybe in time

on 1/15/2008 5:20:00 PM

I bought this twice thinking that it could replace my Clinique loose powder which was my HG for years. I am giving this product three lippies because I think it performs very well for a DS product. However, I never was able to get a good color match with this. Flesh was the closest shade for me, but it still managed to be a bit too dark and a bit cakey which I don't understand since I'm an NC30. Also, though it is more finely milled than some other DS loose powders, I think Clinique is superior and more silky than this stuff.

There's something in this powder that also looks a bit chalky on me and which sometimes irritates my skin. So I'd have to say that HE works better for me...

Lastly, this container is messier than most, and I hate that. The puff is a joke, totally cheap and flimsy and so I don't use it at all...I have been using this powder again because I had found the second container that I had purchased, and I can't wait to get through this so that I don't look so chalky and fake...yuck! I'm trying LM next. If that rocks my world, it may replace Clinique as my HG...

Disappointed, as this did not work for me at all. The container itself was probably my main concern with this-if you ask me, it's very cheaply made. It left a huge mess all over my vanity. The coverage left me looking a bit shiny, and I was surprised to see that in the light it was also a bit shimmery! I have combo/oily/sensitive skin, and the last thing I'd expect from a basic loose powder is shimmer! I want matte coverage, not something that will add to an oil slick! For the price, you don't get a lot. I ended up swapping mine. I'm not a fan of SK makeup.

on 7/15/2005 9:50:00 PM

The reviewers were right. This is a great powder. Finely milled, non-irritating, great value for the money and the perfect shade for me. It also takes forever for me to finish one. However, I've noticed that the size is now smaller so it may not be as great of a deal as it used to be.

on 3/26/2005 12:55:00 AM

This stuff is kind of expensive for low end and for the measly amount you get at $10 . . . but it’s comparable to any high end loose powder. First off, I’ve never used a powder so finely milled and soft. It just disappears onto my face to set foundation and minimize shine. Secondly, it’s a perfect skin tone match for a variety of tones. No chalkiness about it! And what I like is the ever-so-subtle touch of shimmer in the powder to add a realistic sheen to the face! I hate completely matte powders that impart a “done” look on my face. When it comes to skin make up, I prefer realistic and light. I am glad to have bought this lovely product!

I bought this because of the great reviews I read here, and am glad I bought it! It is definitely a product I wouldn't have tried on my own, because I was initially skeptical of a store-brand. My skin is so evenly toned after using this!

on 12/22/2004 1:27:00 AM

This light weight powder feels nice and looks lovely. I am a NW20 (FFF) and this was a perfect match for my face. The powder is fine milled and goes on easily with my SK powder brush - what a combo! It does not look blotchy on my face and it lasts throughout the day (which is a plus because I do not like to apply the "face" part of my m/u throughout the day). It does not settle into the little fine lines I have. And, the best part is that it is the first loose powder I have found that actually matches my skin tone - others turn my face orange or make me look sickly ...... This stuff works great even when I don't want to wear foundation ... leaves my skin silky smooth and flawless in appearance. This layered over my foundation makes for a perfect appearing complexion! There is nothing special about the packaging. It is cute with the typical silver lid that SK uses. I purchased this in January and still have about half of it left ... which means that if I only spend $10 every 6 - 10 months than I feel like I got a deal!!!