Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel

Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel

2.8

Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat., Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Methyl Gluceth-10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Rice Amino Acids, Chitosan Ascorbate, Lysine Lauroyl Methionate, Zinc Asparate, Allantoin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Polyquaternium-10, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Hydroxide.

I've been using this religiously for the past few weeks and I noticed a HUGE difference in my spots and skin tone within a week. I put it on before bed only. and the difference in my complexion is amazing. it's so even and I have no post acne marks anymore. some that I've been struggling with for years. 5 stars for me!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using this product faithfully every night for the last month and I must say I see a big difference in the lightening of post acne marks. Like the packing says you must use sunscreen during the maintain results. Another thing I think that has helped along with the gel is daily exfoliation.

To Read all 51 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/20/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because of a video I saw of someone raving about this. I've heard great things about Murad. I have been using this for a month now and acne scars that I've had since last year are almost completely gone. I am so amazed. The only thing that I don't like about this product is it gave me a ton of tiny little bumps around my nose. It looks like dermatitis. It's disappoint because it works so well. Granted, I would rather have those bumps than acne scars right now because the bumps go away a lot quicker! But I do like this stuff and is worth the money!

on 10/9/2015 11:25:00 PM

I've been using this product morning and night for 2 weeks. It made my skin bumpy and gave me a lot of little white heads. I went from smooth skin with some acne discoloration here and there and now I have bumpy skin. Maybe my skin didn't react well to it. But be careful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Linked my In depth review comparing this product with drugstore version!
Loved this product, but the drugstore version is a 1/6th of the price and just as good!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After searching far and wide for something to lighten the old acne scars I have, I have finally found something that has showed promise. I have used almost the whole bottle and I have to say, this has lightened my scars tremendously! I never thought it would be possible until I got this product. I ran into a Murad representative at Sephora who talked me into this and I am really glad I got it. It is a bit sticky when applied but that doesn't really matter to me as long as it works. The price is my biggest problem, for the size of bottle and amount of product, it seems over priced to me but since it works I'll ignore that.
I sometimes use this every night and I haven't had any problems with redness, irritation or dryness. Usually with products like this I get super dry but I haven't experienced that once with this product. I have noticed that this doesn't really work on any active pimples. It works the best after the spot has completely healed and you want to get rid of the mark.
I've actually already bought a second bottle of this and while one bottle wasn't enough to get rid of all my scars, I have seen a big difference. My skin tone in general looks a lot more even as well. Also, I have old scars from acne type spots I got on my arms and after I used this for about a week, there was a drastic change. The scars were ten times lighter and my mom even commented on how much better my arms looked as well.
So while it is pricey, I think it does work and is worth a shot especially if you have had trouble with post acne scars like I have. I especially like the fact that within a couple uses I was able to see a difference even if it wasn't drastic.

on 6/5/2015 3:35:00 PM

This acne hyperpigmentation lightening gel is horrible and over stimulates the skin causing irritation plus over dryness. It contains alcohol as the second ingredient which dries out skin skin and glycolic acid for exfoliating. This serum is strong it has too many harsh ingredient all at one time. Glycolic acid exfoliates the skin to allow the product to penetrate easier but can cause the skin to sting and become flaky along with the added alcohol makes it worse. Willow bark which is a natural form of salicylic acid(Aspirin) is also slightly exfoliates unclogging the pores and helps with mild acne but can be drying. Those who are prone to redness broken capillaries or allergic to aspirin should avoid willow bark because when it is applied to the skin it turn in to a form of salicylic acid which is the active ingredient in aspirin that cause the blood and skin to become thin. Then the tree oil helps soothe acne but can also make the spot more red. The main lightening ingredient is hydroquinone. Over exfoliating and the added lightening and acne treatment can cause the skin to become more sensitive to the sun which in turn increases the risk of more dark spot, patches and more hyperpigmentation. Hydroquinone is highly reactive and turns toxic when exposed to the sun. Long turn use of this can turn the skin thick leathery and bumpy. Some problems of using this serum includes redness, irritation, and contact dermatitis or even the skin to become red/raw. Also can cause large dark patches that look similar to melasma. Exfoliating, acne treatment and lightening treatments should be used separately so to avoid reverse side effects and irritation.

on 1/16/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I thought I had basically cleared my skin after being on Proactiv for about six months. I decided to use this to clear up some left over hyperpigmentation spots because I find benzoyl peroxide is extremely effective but always leaves behind a mark. I applied it to trouble areas only although it was most of my face except my forehead. It felt kind of sticky going on. I had no bumps at the time but after a day or two, I developed a few regular pimples. Then in another couple days (I used it every night), I broke out completely and had THE WORST face I have ever seen. I maybe had 30 pimples everywhere except my forehead. All of them were large, red, sore, and cystic. My face felt heavy, painful, burning, and itchy. I hated the way I looked and felt. Only using some extra Proactiv and drinking 12 glasses of water a day cleared my skin up (thankfully that took less than a week). I returned this as soon as possible and was told that my skin could be purging. I don't care because I would NEVER want to go through that again even if it meant my skin would be spot free afterwards.

on 10/4/2013 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this gel. I used up a whole bottle of the lightening gel before reviewing the product. It did not really do much in lightening any post acne marks for me. It does prevent breakouts, but at least for me, it did nothing for blackheads. I was finding blackheads on my cheeks, which "never" happens. I guess it's just not the product for me.

I love the bottle with the twist pump. I liked the glass bottle. Mild odor but it did not bother me at all. Did not irritate my sensitive skin.

My advise, try to swap for it before splurging the $$$. I wish I didn't purchase it full price.

on 9/24/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

2.7??? How is that possible???

This is the only product that has ever worked for me for removing acne scars.

I used it years ago after my adolescent years left my face wrecked... after several months, I remember saying "Holy ****. This stuff actually worked. They're almost gone." This about acne scars that had remained present with me for YEARS.

I'd bought it for $50 then. Maybe the formula's changed?

In any case, way too expensive. I'm going to buy some other product with hydroquinone from Amazon for less, and I'm certain the results will still be the same for half the price.