4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I purchased the Basic Five travel sized kit for problem skin about eight weeks ago and I feel that I have formed enough of an opinion on it to write this review. I have combination skin, with occasional breakouts, large pores, and A LOT of hyper pigmentation. The kit comes in a cute little bag, that has a chart inside that tells you what products to use on what days. The most used product out of all five is the Raspberry Acne Bar, so I guess I’ll start there. Since this is a bar, I cut mine in half so I’d get to use a fresh bar half way through hence making it slightly more sanitary. The bar comes wrapped in plastic inside of jar and has a pleasant smell. It lathers well and leaves my face feeling clean and residue free. Then there’s the AM acne lotion, which is my favorite product out of the five. It has a bit of a watery consistency but sinks into my skin well and leave it feeling well moisturized and not at all sticky which is a problem that I have had with most other moisturizers. My second favorite product is the Tabula Rasa, which is a “spot specific acne fighting formula heals blemishes and reduces enlarged pores, soothes ingrown hairs and razor burn” I usually just put a pump of it in to my hand and use my fingers to apply to any active acne I may have at the time as well as to my upper cheeks, right beside my nose. This is the area in which my pores are huge. The product itself has a very strong, unpleasant but not unbearable scent and it can burn a little on contact with skin but that’s only momentarily. It shrinks my pores almost immediately and rids me of any acne by the next day. The Exfoliator in this kit is the Cranberry Gommage, the grain is very large and is a bit painful to use, even on my non-sensitive skin in gentle circular motions but It does leave my skin softer afterwards and I didn’t get any obvious redness. The final product is The Solution, this has to be my least favorite product. I don’t feel like it does anything beneficial it just leaves my skin with a gross feeling film afterwards it kind of smells like soapy water. Overall, I would recommend this. I feel it has improved my skins texture, has helped quickly rid me of any pimples I may get, made my t zone and cheeks less oily, and made my pores dramatically smaller. I have yet to see any improvements in my hyper pigmentation but I’ll update if I do in the future. :)

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3.0

8 years ago

I got an Arcona serum and white ice several years ago in a Clarisonic kit and I regret to say that I returned it all. I remember thinking the serum was nice but the white ice felt funny and didn't really sink in for me. I wish I had stuck with all three of them! I got the Problem skin travel kit, which is a pain and something I don't recommend. The Tabula Rasa and The Solution are toners, essentially, and the travel kit has these little tiny pump bottles with very small quantities of the product. I kept trying to hold the pump bottle up to my face to get it directly onto my skin because even with moistening a cotton ball I was losing a lot of expensive product. Aside from packaging concerns, this product has made a world of difference in my skin in a very short period of time. My skin has been so terrible in the past six months and I finally tried Proactiv to get things calmed down again. However, it isn't practical to have fabric-bleaching benzoyl peroxide all over your face every day. I moved on to Arcona and I have pretty much been able to maintain clear skin. The AM acne lotion gets the redness down quickly and I was amazed how quickly the Solution made a difference. I am also using an Olay Pro X and that has made a big difference as well. Give it a try, the Raspberry bar was not drying at all to me and I have very sun-damaged and dry outside of the T-zone skin. As a general comment about the Arcona line, there are so many products and many are for all skin types. I live in New York and there is only one spa that does Arcona facials and they have horrible Yelp reviews. So, you are pretty much on your own to figure out which mix of products is best for you. I have called the Arcona hotline ((877) 272-6620) and the woman was really nice but I was still uncertain about which full-sized products to get. UPDATE- Two months in and I have abandoned the line except for Tabula Rasa and The Solution. Magic White Ice did not work at all for me. I would be dry and need hydration and this MWI made my skin tight and I could see visible oil in my t-zone. The price to go forward was just too much.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I bought this kit at the suggestion of one of the skincare specialists at the Nordstrom's in Santa Monica, and I'd have to say that this changed my skin. When I first started college, I had hormonal acne that eventually went away- I'm in my fourth year now and the breakouts gradually stopped at the beginning of my third year. Now I just get the occasional pimple, but I still have to deal with the redness and old scars from before. This kit completely changed my skin. You're supposed to use the products according to a schedule that comes with the kit. For the first three days I didn't see anything remarkable. I didn't feel like the magic white ice was moisturizing enough, the desert mist was a little bit weird and hard to get used to, but on the fourth day, something happened and everything just clicked together. My roommates commented on how glowy and bright my skin was, and I noticed that my old acne scars were slowly fading, and there was hardly any redness. Honestly, I'd say give this kit a try. It's a bit pricy, but in my opinion it's totally worth it. I mean, who doesn't want clear glowy skin? It's $87 for the half size regime, and if you don't like it, just return it. I'd say give it about 2 weeks to kick in before you decide whether to keep it or not. The great thing is that ever since I started using Arcona products, I haven't broke out, and my skin's clearer than it's been in a long time.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlack

8 years ago

These products are great!! I've been using them for about a week & a half. I must say I definitely see the difference!! My skin looks healthy, more even toned & I haven't broken out. It seems to be clearing up my skin which is why I brought this product after reading the reviews. It also seems to make my pores smaller & putting on my makeup seems to just glide on. I can't wait to keep seeing these wonderful results & see my skin look better since I've always have had break outs :( but this has definitely helped!! BTW I have combination skin w/ an oily T-zone & sensitive skin.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I had been wanting to try Arcona for a while after reading a lot of positive reviews. I started off with the Basic Five kit for sensitive skin. The kit included the Berry Bar, Desert Mist, Golden Grain Gommage, Magic White Ice, and Gentle Solution. Overall I am very pleased with the products. The Berry cleansing bar smells great and foams up nice, doesn't dry out my skin at all. About 3 times a week I use the Golden Grain Gommage in the morning. It is a tad more gritty than other scrubs I have used but doesn't irritate my skin at all. I use it on wet skin and use lots of water to dilute it some. The Magic White Ice is a lightweight gel that smells like cranberry and goes on smooth. It took me a little while to get used to using such a light moisturizer rather than my usual cream. Next I applied the Desert Mist. It smells like soy sauce, ewww. But it locks in hydration and preps my skin for makeup. At night I apply the Solution about twice a week. It has dissolved clogged pores and changed the texture of my skin. I have been using the kit for a little over a month and am amazed with the results. I no longer break out, my acne scars are fading and my skin looks so healthy! All I need is a bit of tinted moisturizer and I'm good to go. Actually, I just put in an order for more products. I love Arcona!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

9 years ago

I din't get the basic five i just mixed and matched, i got the toner tea bar and raspberry acne bar i use it in the morning and toner bar at night, not too over dry my face. I also cut it in pieces so it will last longer, the rest of soap i keep in refrigerator. I also got the golden gommage, the solutions, the am acne lotions after a week i ordered night breeze and tea tree mask. I have very oily t-zone, dry cheeks and a lot of microcomedones with often cystic pimples around neck and jaw line. For the first 2 weeks i broke out, the comedones seem to get rougher, but i wanted to give it a month before judging the products and im so glad i did so! After 2 weeks my face started to get better, after 3 i had whole new face, most of comedones disappeared, pores on my nose and forehead look very clean and i only had one cystic pimple and it wasnt on my face!! :)) I've been using it for month and 1/2 now products seem to last pretty well so the price for amount of product is good. The am acne lotion might seem sticky, and i'm sure its because of manuka honey, but if you rub it it very good and let it sit on ur face for 5-10 mins it will absorb into skin and u wont feel it on! The golden gommage is very dense so if it's too harsh mix it with water and massage lightly, it's strong so there's no need to massage it deeply you will only damage your skin. ( it seemed expensive but does last very long time i still have almost full tube and i do love to scrub ). The solution i love! i use it 4 times a week and for the other 2-3 nights i mix it with night breeze. If after the solutions u feel tingly and dry just apply a little of am acne lotion after the solution is dried works great for me. I also got the tea tree mask i use 1-2 times a week if i could i'd use it everyday! Overall im very happy with arcona products i will defiantly order more stuff, nothing helped me as much before and i've used a lot of things including birth control pills to help with hormones, retin-a, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic peel and microdermabrassion ( which does help but i only do it 2 times a year tops) if you have comedommes lactic or glycolic peels help but you need to do them for as long as u have the problem. Also Acne laser helps, but has to be done quiet a few times and its not the cheapest thing. Besides that, you need a good product line to maintain your skin, don't over dry it with products from dermatologists, take it from a person who switched between 6 doctors and no results and not even an answer for what causes my skin to have all this problems. Be gentle with your face if you feel like its dry use less of what ever it is you using and also Clarins sells a nice chamomile toner for dry skin a good addition to get your skin to normal pH levels and the price is good. BTW if you have a lot of pimples don't scrub your face u'll only make it worse! for those u need gentle scrubs.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

So I woke up this morning and started my normal makeup routine... foundation (check), mascara (check), brows (check), concealer.....um, oops! I never, ever, ever in the past 10 years have forgotten to take 5 minutes to meticulously cover my acne/ acne scars right after putting on a light coat of foundation and before the rest of my makeup. Never. This morning I did. I've been using the Arcona 5-step for acne prone skin, along with twice-weekly applications of the raspberry resurface peel and tea tree mask for about two months now. I was desperate to get my skin under control after a failed attempt at trying lerosette. I not only had horrible acne, but extremely red and angry patches of dry skin around my nose/ mouth and terrible skin texture. I didn't want to revert to using harsh chemicals (not that I hadn't before). And I had already tried every product line out there that claimed to clearn acne - proactive, ren, murad, burts bees - you name it. So when I ordered the 5-step kit from Arcona I wasn't exactly expecting miracles. But after the first night using the line my skin improved dramatically - less red, less dry, much smoother and diminished acne scars. I did continue to get new acne at my normal rate until about 3 weeks ago (over a month in). Instead of a couple new blemishes a day, I get perhaps 1 ever other day. In addition the ones I do get are usually nothing major - and they aren't nearly as red and noticeable as I'm used to. So for those who are ready to throw the towl in on acne, try Arcona. It is expensive - but I will add that I'm still using the original bottles I started with 2 months in. And the face bar is still practically full size! Good luck.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairBrown

10 years ago

I bought the Toner tea bar and got samples of the rest of the "basic five" about a week ago at the suggestion of a sales associate where I get my eyebrows done. This is an amazing product line! I have sensitive, acne prone skin that gets dry in the winter. I have been on the look out for natural skin care products that won't break me out and I found that in this line. I'm 43 and no longer get big pimples, but I have really bad clogged pores and small bumps on my forehead and temple. The toner tea bar got rid of these bumps more in a week then proactiv did!! I"m really amazed. It also does not bother my sensitive skin. I do notice my skin feels a bit dry now that the weather is changing, so I think I will buy the kit for dry skin. I still can't believe that 4 new products have not bother my skin at all!! Not only that, my skin is really clearing up with no dry patches! UPDATE: STILL IN LOVE WITH ARCONA: I just updated my update because it has now been about 4-5 months using arcona. I still love this line. I use the berry bar for sensitive skin, hydrating serum, magic white ice, gentle solution, reozone 40, cranberry gommage, vitamin C serum (the one with retinol), and the peptide eye serum. I only use the gentle solution and cranberry gommage about 1 time a week and the vitamin C serum about 4 nights a week right now. My skin has never been clearer. Not only am I not getting breakouts, but the bumps on my forehead and temple are 90% gone. my pores are smaller looking on my nose, and I don't have so many clogged pores. My skin is still a bit on the dry side, but I just recently switched to the berry bar and i just started the retinol, so I"m hoping that will improve as well. The only arcona product that has not immediately achieved HG status is the peptide eye serum. It's nice, but I still feel like I need to search for something better.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love Arcona's products. I was introduced to the line during a facial at a spa that used Arcona. I was recommended the Sensitive Skin Basic Five and bought the travel size to try out. Immediately it calmed my skin; my skin wasn't red and dry, and I didn't get any new breakouts. In fact, I swear it helped heal the breakouts I had when I first started using the line. I love that all the ingredients are natural and the company philosophy is healing the skin from within. I truly believe that's what happened to my skin. I've been using Arcona for over a month and the company says you just get better results with continued use. If I've seen this much improvement in my skin in just a month, can't wait to see what happens in another month. I just wish this line wasn't so expensive but I'm willing to pay for these results. My skin has never been more clear, smooth, and hydrated.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

1.0

11 years ago

My skin is a mess. I have pimples in areas that I don't even get pimples in. My face is red, blotchy, full of acne. It's been two weeks since I stopped using the Arcona products and I only used it for 5 days. I have to give thanks to Arcona's Problem Skin line that a salesgirl recommended to me at a beauty parlor. Be really careful with Arcona's products, they're very active and can mess up your skin, even if your skin isn't sensitive (mine usually isn't).

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium