Invisible Zinc - Tinted Daywear in Light

Invisible Zinc - Tinted Daywear in Light

2.7

Water, Zinc Oxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclomethicone, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Iron Oxide CI77492, Iron Oxide CI77499, Iron Oxide CI77491

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an interesting product to review. I do not use this alone. I use this every day, but I mix it with either TheBalm tinted moisturiser in "Light" or Face of Australia Tinted Moisturiser SPF50+ in "Light". The reason I use this in conjunction with another product is because of its sunscreen effect. As a sunscreen, it is absolutely awesome. It's also pretty good at moisturising. As a foundation, it's pretty useless. If they could somehow get the colour to have more coverage, I would use it on its own, but it is almost translucent. It is also pretty pricey for what you get. In Australia, we pay around $28 per tube for something that is basically tinted zinc cream. I need to have a strong sunscreen on every day because 1) I live in Australia and 2) I work as a nanny which involves a lot of outdoor activity. Invisible Zinc stays on all day and I never get even the slightest bit burnt when I use it.

on 3/19/2016 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the original Invisible Zinc face and body, and purchased this in the Light shade. It is incredibly orange, and dark on my skin, but I am extremely fair so it wasn't much of a surprise! To be honest, I find that the white cast of the untinted Face and Body pretty much matches my NC10 skin anyway. This would be nice on a deeper skin tone, but if your pale like me just use the original.

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/12/2016 7:46:00 PM

Despite the other bad reviews I love this product! I apply it with my beauty blender and it blends well with my NC15 skin tone. It does look slightly orange when apply but it blends out. When my skin is good I just use this and set it with a powder. When I have break outs or irritation I use it as a sunscreen/ primer. It lasts all day on my skin and looks nice and even. Its a great price for 50ml and I'm pretty sure this will be my HG sunscreen/foundation.

on 1/18/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Picked up the 20g small tube when I was traveling to Sydney last week. The texture is so sticky and I got a mild break out by the end of the day. My skin was also dry and flaky after using it. Lesson learned. I should always check with MUA no matter which part of the world I'm in.

on 5/19/2015 10:34:00 PM

I got a sample of this and oh my goodness it's the perfect orangey pumpkin fake tan colour, as sticky and tacky as it is I had to remove it as soon as its on my face... Gross ...

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to switch to a non-chemical zinc-based sunscreen and bought this.

The colour was fine for my fair complexion. The texture very sticky, but I didn't have a problem spreading it.

It gave my fair/ pale complexion a healthy tint and a dewy look which I loved. The stickiness that people complain about seemed to hold my mineral powder foundation in place, so it acted as a great primer as well.

It was great for about two weeks. I really loved it but my forehead (which is always always crystal clear) started to break out. This ONLY happens when I've switched to a new cosmetic product that doesn't agree with my face. I assume that the sticky consistency of the product, which made it difficult to wash off, is probably to blame for clogging my otherwise healthy pores.

I stopped using this product (and have not changed anything else in my routine) and my forehead is clearing up.

It would be great if reviewers in general would use a product for at least two weeks before writing a review. Had I written this review in less than that timeframe, I would have given a rave review.

I bought a few beauty products online, and this came in as a tester for me. Being a bit tanned, although relatively fair, I thought the skin tone "fair" would be too fair for me, which turns out that it wasn't.

When I first put it on, it felt quite nice, although the consistency was a bit thick. It blended into my skin perfectly. It has a dewy finish, and felt alright on my skin initially.

Later on, it felt a lot more heavy. To the point that when I scratched my face lightly (probably because the product was a bit too much on my skin), I scratched away the tinted moisturiser.

For the price of this product, definitely not worth it. With the heaviness of the product, I almost expected it to make my skin break out, which didn't turn out to affect my skin thankfully.

on 9/27/2014 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Don't waste your money, you don't get what you pay for. I would pay $10 max for a product like this. Yes, you get very good sun protection but the texture is not very nice at all. It has a gloopy texture and leaves a thick shiny film all over the skin and made my skin sticky and oily to touch throughout the day, yet my skin is dry. The sunscreen also transfers onto everything! What a mess! If I wanted to scratch my face, the next thing I touch has a brown stain on it. People also asked why my skin was so sparkly and shiny and how it reflected so much light, that's how noticeable the greasy texture was!

LUCKILY I am quite tanned and the medium colour looked alright on me, but for most people they would have an orange face, even though the tint isn't that strong. Also it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. The texture isn't that bad if you don't apply it liberally but that defeats the purpose of using sunscreen.

**IMPORTANT UPDATE / NOTICE**
Invisible Zinc has recently changed their packaging and I gave the product another go in hopes that they reformulated their product to a better texture. When I tried the newly packaged Tinted Daywear on my skin, my sensitive areas began to sting which never happened before. Also the stuff in the new packaging smells different. (Sorry I can't note anything about the new texture because I took it off straight away). Then I applied the "old packaged" Tinted Daywear on the same spot, just to make sure... and there was no stinging at all. Hmmmm formula change perhaps? So be mindful when buying this product, I wouldn't recommend it especially after this now. Sorry about the long review.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I also wished I had read the reviews before purchasing this. I thought it'd be great for sunscreen (I wasn't really after any coverage but a little foundation wouldn't hurt) but for my NW25 skin tone, it's just way too orange. It would look great with a tan but I don't ever fake tan. This gives a greasy appearance and leaves your face feeling heavy. Luckily I picked up a 20g cream and it was on sale for half price but I wish I hadn't picked this up. Since using this, my acne has been more aggressive and this is likely the cause of it. It might be because of the anti-aging moisturiser included in it because I find anti-aging products too emollient for my skin.

I won't ever purchase this again. This is probably going into the trash.

on 3/31/2014 10:24:00 AM

Definitely would not buy again! If you're after the greasy face look then this is for you. If you wear a bit of make up you're so much better off starting with a moisturiser then use their foundation stick instead. Did I mention it's not exactly light coverage, more like no coverage.