Invisible Zinc - Tinted Daywear in Light

Invisible Zinc - Tinted Daywear in Light

2.7

Water, Zinc Oxide, Isopropyl Myristate, Cyclomethicone, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Iron Oxide CI77492, Iron Oxide CI77499, Iron Oxide CI77491

I have used this product on and off since it first hit the market. The only good thing about it is the sunscreen. It is zinc based and it works. However as a moisturiser and foundation, it's just not good. The colour is completely transparent and seems to sit on top of the skin. It tends to look quite oily. There are so many better products out there that do the same job. Natio has a tinted moisturiser with an SPF of 50+ that really does feel like a moisturiser and gives a nice bit of colour. The only way I can get this to work is to add pigment drops to it. I doubt I'll ever purchase this again.

on 10/2/2017 5:23:00 AM

I have fair and very very dry flaky sensitive skin.. I tested the product and the medium tint worked natural on my skin. The" light" tint seems more yellow and tackier than medium tint so Try both of them......

The texture is different to what i tried two years ago. May be they changed the formula?? The product is quite runny, easy to blend and has dewy finish. After two hours the product dries out but it is not as bad as i thought it would be.

I have used a lot of mineral sunblock products and believe me, almost all of the products i hve used ended up drying the skin and made my cheeks flaky (even paula's choice). You cannot rely on tinted moisturizer with spf because it will not moisturize your face fully :-(( so make sure you wear enough cream under mineral sunblocks. i use nivea cream in blue tin under makeup and it calms the flakes!!! Apart from that this is good tinted sunblock :-) bit expensive tho!

on 3/24/2017 10:22:00 PM

I am writing this review because I have been a devotee to this product for 10 years and having looked up the makeup alley review just now I'm shocked at the low rating.

Yes it is heavy/sits on top of skin. This is because it is a physical barrier to UV light. I think of it almost as a barrier cream which sits on top of skin but doesn't absorb. If you find it to be very greasy when you apply it (and this depends on how oily/dry your skin is), blot the extra grease with a tissue and voila, perfect dewy finish! This blotting doesn't affect the effectiveness of the sunscreen at all as the oil portion of the formula isn't the active ingredient. Once you have blotted it feels way better on. For those that control oiliness with powder, have you ever realised that you're just adding product on to create a paste? Just blot the oil away! Any tissue will do, no need to buy expensive specialist products for this. Toilet paper works too! When I sit on the loo and do my business I blot my face at the same time if it feels oily. You can see the oil on the toilet paper. God, I wish I though of this in highschool, its such a simple easy trick that costs nothing. My skin used to be very oily and I would really struggle. Take a tissue and blot!!!

Secondly the barrier like effect is moisturising, not by adding moisture to the skin, but by preventing it from evaporating away. Barrier type cream plus drinking more water, and voila! Hydrated skin. I know this is not how were taught with the current product trends, but this way does work too. Just because a product sits on top of skin doesn't mean its detrimental. I would rather have this than my skin absorbing a myriad of junk from chemical sunscreens. Remember the skin's natural barrier function, and that moisture/hydration comes from drinking water!

Thirdly, yes this product is a b*tch to wash off... unless you use the oil cleansing method. The product is quite thick and oily. At the end of the day I apply about half a tablespoon of sweet almond oil to my face, gently massage in and remove with a clean, damp make up sponge. All other makeup comes off beautifully as well. If you don't like the residual oil on the face, follow up with 'drying' gently with a clean fluffy face towel. No detergent like cleansers, or pulling and tugging required! This works for all types of makeup including waterproof stuff. If you don't remove products properly each night, they WILL build up and cause problems.

Many people also don't know that zinc oxide is actually anti-inflammatory. In my case (with proper removal) this product calms any spots that I have and prevents new ones from forming.

Yes I can feel the slight weight of this product on my skin through the day - it reminds me not to touch my face funnily enough. Result: no more pimples and breakouts. I only touch my face to blot it now, and that is maximum once a day. Win!

Some would say, all of the above is a hell of a lot to go through to adapt to using a product. For me the effectiveness of this product as a sunscreen can't be beat. I live in Australia, we have some of the worst UV ratings in the world. I have Caucasian skin. I have never, ever burnt wearing this even when I have been out in peak sun for over an hour, swimming, sweating etc. This alone is worth it. I have never had to reapply it as its a physical sunscreen. One application in the morning lasts until the product is physically removed AND it protects against UVA and UVB. Some sunscreens may block the form of uv that stops the actual burn occurring but lets through the other end of the UV spectrum (I forget which one) and the photo damage still continues. So you are getting sun damage, you just don't know it. I look at my girlfriends who are younger than me and don't have a solid sun protection routine down and they show sooo much more ageing than me its not even funny.

I know many have mentioned that the colour is way off, and that you can't do much about bar applying foundation over the top. Lucky for me (NC25) it's a perfect match. I slather it on in spades, blot of the oil and I have a beautiful dewy complexion with medium to light coverage. I just look like I have nicer skin, almost like a BB cream. My skin stays moisturized through out the day and I have no breakouts when I wear this, the zinc oxide and lack of touching prevents them.

Rant over.

on 3/19/2016 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love the original Invisible Zinc face and body, and purchased this in the Light shade. It is incredibly orange, and dark on my skin, but I am extremely fair so it wasn't much of a surprise! To be honest, I find that the white cast of the untinted Face and Body pretty much matches my NC10 skin anyway. This would be nice on a deeper skin tone, but if your pale like me just use the original.

on 3/12/2016 7:46:00 PM

Despite the other bad reviews I love this product! I apply it with my beauty blender and it blends well with my NC15 skin tone. It does look slightly orange when apply but it blends out. When my skin is good I just use this and set it with a powder. When I have break outs or irritation I use it as a sunscreen/ primer. It lasts all day on my skin and looks nice and even. Its a great price for 50ml and I'm pretty sure this will be my HG sunscreen/foundation.

This is an interesting product to review. I do not use this alone. I use this every day, but I mix it with either TheBalm tinted moisturiser in "Light" or Face of Australia Tinted Moisturiser SPF50+ in "Light". The reason I use this in conjunction with another product is because of its sunscreen effect. As a sunscreen, it is absolutely awesome. It's also pretty good at moisturising. As a foundation, it's pretty useless. If they could somehow get the colour to have more coverage, I would use it on its own, but it is almost translucent. It is also pretty pricey for what you get. In Australia, we pay around $28 per tube for something that is basically tinted zinc cream. I need to have a strong sunscreen on every day because 1) I live in Australia and 2) I work as a nanny which involves a lot of outdoor activity. Invisible Zinc stays on all day and I never get even the slightest bit burnt when I use it.

on 1/18/2016 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Picked up the 20g small tube when I was traveling to Sydney last week. The texture is so sticky and I got a mild break out by the end of the day. My skin was also dry and flaky after using it. Lesson learned. I should always check with MUA no matter which part of the world I'm in.

I bought a few beauty products online, and this came in as a tester for me. Being a bit tanned, although relatively fair, I thought the skin tone "fair" would be too fair for me, which turns out that it wasn't.

When I first put it on, it felt quite nice, although the consistency was a bit thick. It blended into my skin perfectly. It has a dewy finish, and felt alright on my skin initially.

Later on, it felt a lot more heavy. To the point that when I scratched my face lightly (probably because the product was a bit too much on my skin), I scratched away the tinted moisturiser.

For the price of this product, definitely not worth it. With the heaviness of the product, I almost expected it to make my skin break out, which didn't turn out to affect my skin thankfully.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to switch to a non-chemical zinc-based sunscreen and bought this.

The colour was fine for my fair complexion. The texture very sticky, but I didn't have a problem spreading it.

It gave my fair/ pale complexion a healthy tint and a dewy look which I loved. The stickiness that people complain about seemed to hold my mineral powder foundation in place, so it acted as a great primer as well.

It was great for about two weeks. I really loved it but my forehead (which is always always crystal clear) started to break out. This ONLY happens when I've switched to a new cosmetic product that doesn't agree with my face. I assume that the sticky consistency of the product, which made it difficult to wash off, is probably to blame for clogging my otherwise healthy pores.

I stopped using this product (and have not changed anything else in my routine) and my forehead is clearing up.

It would be great if reviewers in general would use a product for at least two weeks before writing a review. Had I written this review in less than that timeframe, I would have given a rave review.

on 5/19/2015 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got a sample of this and oh my goodness it's the perfect orangey pumpkin fake tan colour, as sticky and tacky as it is I had to remove it as soon as its on my face... Gross ...