4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

The tube is way too thin for me. I can't cover all the surface of my lips with one swipe, which is a no-no for me. Yes, the smell is great and it has SPF in it. But it doesn't even last an hour on my lips. I would not buy again.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

My favorite lip balm! I put this on before I go to bed every night and wake up to smooth and moisturized lips. I've been through a lot lip balms especially through the cold winters and this one is always there to save the day. I love the refreshing smell and it doesn't have a taste which is a plus for me. The packaging is small and portable. I will most likely repurchase this :)

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

8 years ago

So I have bought Softlips due to the hype I have heard over these. I like the packaging, it's very cute however the label wears off. I honestly got commented by my workers thinking I was smoking, seriously. I like how it has SPF 20, its perfect for the summer since my lips aren't that chapped unlike in Canada's winter, this is where I judge my lip balms. This cannot last in Canada's winter at all, my lips would still be chapped after this disappears a while. Price is okay since you get two in one packaging (though sometimes it's only one for the same price) and it gives a lot of product. I usually finish my chapsticks in about 2 months but this last me more than that for just one which its insane. If this was on sale, I guess I would buy it again but I don't really see anything astounding about this lip balm.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

9 years ago

Okay so Im pretty sure the one I have is raspberry... I don't have it with me right now so yeah can't really double check. Ive had it for 6 months now. I like the fresh feel it gives as if my lips are breathing. I don't have dry lips so I can't comment on the moisturizing part but I do feel it is moisturizing enough. I love the smell and if by accident the taste is also not bad at all. I also really enjoy the color it gives off as well. I can't really describe it though. It stays on my lips for about two hours if I don't eat or drink anything. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't ever repurchase any lip balm product like this 1 reasons being I don't have dry lips and don't need to. Although today in a rare case, this probably happens at most twice a year, my lips actually felt dryish, so I dug this out of my makeup bag, applied it and felt relief! The price i'm pretty sure isn't all that great. Overall, it's a pretty swellish product:)

About reviewer (159 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

9 years ago

This is your standard lip balm in cute packaging. A lot of people have said that this lip balm is thin and "disappears" in less than 5-10 mins of applying, for me its not quite the case. I find this to be very lightweight or thin but it leaves my lips oddly smooth for a while. This lip balm smells wonderful and when applied it has a minty tingling feeling. Another good thing about this balm is that it has an spf of 20, which is good for the heat wave that's been sweeping across the US. One thing I detest about this lip balm is that if it should get into your mouth it has this horrible taste that last a long time.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBrunette, Kinky, Coarse

9 years ago

I really wanted to like any of the SoftLips products, but they dry my lips out. No matter how many times I reapply, my lips aren't moisturized. The consistency is very thin and as mentioned by other reviewers, it disappears shortly after application. This is my second attempt trying SoftLips, don't get me wrong, I really wanted to like it. I love the packaging. The Raspberry with Green Tea extract with SPF 20 smells so yummy, but unfortunately, it's a lip balm I don't reach for. I'm sticking to my Neosporin. I just wish Neosporin smelled like this SoftLips.

About reviewer (145 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

Smells sooooo yummy! I remember when Softlips came out--I think I was in Junior High. It was like the Mercedes of lip balms at my school, probably because the packaging was so slim and pretty and it smelled divine. Still love the packaging; still love the scent. Oh, and it works great! Perfect consistency. Not gritty, not too hard, not too soft. Did I mention it smells good? ; )

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

9 years ago

This is one of my favorite lip balms. It keeps my lips nice and soft and I like that it isn't thick or sticky feeling. It's very moisturizing and soaks right in to my lips. A total steal for $1!

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlack

1.0

9 years ago

Surely I can't be reviewing the same product that most of these people here reviewed! I received my Softlips SPF 20 in Raspberry when I purchased Phisoderm Anti-Blemish Gel Face Wash (it was attached to the bottle). I can put this stuff on my lips and it is virtually GONE within 5 minutes! To me it is way too thin to be effective. I only reach for this when I can't find my Burt's Bees.

About reviewer (641 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Other, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

Great lip balm. Not too thick so it can go under lipstick, not too thin that its not effective. Great SPF level for the summer and winter. Great flavor. I always buy this one. Not too expensive but I always get it when its on sale. The only downer is that is does tend to get separated from the twist level so after awhile you may twist the product down but it'll be stuck. So I just push it down with my lip. I just recently moved to Western NY and this product is made in this region so I guess there is the added extra bonus of supporting a local business haha. I've tried Chapstick and Blistex but they're too thick or too runny to go under lipstick or they're more expensive to get the same level of SPF.

About reviewer (222 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm