Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip / Healthy Glow Bronzer

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Miami Strip / Healthy Glow Bronzer

4.1

This doesn't work as a bronzer for me because it is WAY too shimmery. However, I do use the top 3 lightest shades it as a highlighter and sometimes use the darker shades as an eye shadow. I am not a fan of this because it isn't a good bronzer, just an OK highlighter, and it's really HARD. As in, the formulation is like trying to get color off a brick. It's very hard to pick up any pigmentation, and when I do use this, I have to go over the bronzer 2-3 times before I get a decent highlight. I love PF, but this is not my favorite product.. :(

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disappointing .. Everyone thinks they have a bad one because the top layer is very rough. After you get that top layer off... still not pretty. It is just glittery. PF makes a better highlighter: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip all-in-1. That's an awesome one.

This one, however, not worth the money in my opinion!

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/14/2015 12:36:00 PM

I bought this after watching a youtube guru rave about this. I must have gotten a bad one or it was a very old one that's been sitting on the shelf. The one i got gives absolutely ZERO color pay off. In fact, the ONLY way i would get any pay off is if i rub my fingers into the product really hard...and that results in chunky, flaky powder which i'm not putting on my face! It's too bad. The color strips really did look beautiful. PF has always been hit or miss for me. And this one is definitely a MISS. Into the trash it goes. :(

THE BEST HIGHLIGHTER ever! even better than alot of higher end highlighters (Nars albatross, which is not as finely milled and casts a white sheen, and Mary Loumanizer, etc).

This gives an amazing model-like glow to the cheek bones and is a very powerful intense but natural highlight which I love. It's less crazy than the mary loumanizer, but much more powerful than say, Benefits Watts Up or Nars Albatorss. It gives a gorgeous glow without adding too too much color, and stays put.

on 10/13/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

over rated

on 8/11/2013 4:49:00 AM

i love PF products, my makeup drawer consists of 85% of the brand, i like to use this when i dont want to spend a lot of time putting on eyeshadow, i sweep it over all the shades to give my lids a subtle glow

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Pretty colors and very pigmented. Like stated its more of a highlighting bronzer.. I do have to be wary with the dark brown on the bottom. I am pale skinned and that brown is just too dark and hard to blend. But other than that I like it. The packaging is terrible as with all physicians formula. It completely fell apart after having it for a long period of time and then part of my product broke. Also they are a little over priced. But other than that good product!

on 11/15/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE this. I love how versatile it is. I have it in Vegas Strip as well, which was my first, and darker than this one. Now, if you ladies mean bronzer like all over, yea then it's too shimmery. I use it on my cheeks and whatever little bit is left over on the brush I'll swipe on my forehead. But it's not supposed to cover every inch. It's like a highlighter/glow/illuminator and for that I love it. (I don't know why they'd even call it a bronzer.) It brightens you up no matter where you put it. I love how it has strips so if you want a more bronzed highlight you can pick up more of that and if you want a super light or golden look, you can stick to the top strips.

I have tried other highlighters and none are as rich and smooth as these. I'm never sure if they are discontinued since they go half off and then are missing from stores for periods of time. I also use it on my eyes and I think it's fantastic for that. For those of you who thought it wasn't pigmented I so disagree! The only issue is that you end up with mostly browns left over in the corners that are too dark on me (with both colors). So I use that part as shadow. As a matter of fact, the darkest parts are so nice as a shadow that they are like a poor girls "Naked" palette knock offs. Super pigmented, (this one is like a gold brown) I love to use it as a bold neutral shadow!!! I just took the last bits out (of one color strip) and put them into a smaller sample container. Instant eyeshadow. :)

I've also bought other bronzers and while this is more of a light bronze glow with hints of pink than a white-gold highlighter, the formula is really nice and buttery with this one. Still one of my favorites, color and formula wise.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

This is a high impact highlighter, a little over-powering for the day time. I like this for evening looks, especially for when I need to have a pink-ish look. Soft and Gentle, my evening highlighter, is a bit more neutral and golden champagne colored. I don't like this for my forehead, but I love putting it ontop of my blushes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Chalky and doesn't blend well.