3.7

price range

Reviews

from

4 years ago

I had never tried a tubing mascara before this one, and I don't think I need to look around for another. Over the past 18 months, this has become my go-to mascara for when I want long wear. It's also the only mascara I have ever found that I can wear on my lower lashes without problems. It doesn't flake, it doesn't smudge, it survives a bit of watery allergy eyes without a problem. You can nap in it, and wake up with it looking perfect. It is not the sort of mascara that will wow you with your long, full, dramatic lashes after use; it's a very natural-looking mascara. Also, this is not the product for someone who likes to do multiple coats—you can work it for a bit on one eye at a time to get some length, but once you switch eyes, there's no going back; if you try, you'll ruin the surface of the tubes that are forming and get a gluey mess. I have learned a few things about using this product: 1. You know how with most mascaras (the wax & pigment type) you can wiggle it at the base of your lashes to quickly approximate eyeliner? Well, don't do that with this stuff. The texture of this stuff when it dries is tight and uncomfortable on your skin. 2. When it starts going on clumpy, it's time to throw out the tube and get another one. This generally happens about eight weeks in for me. 3. Eye makeup remover does NOTHING to budge this stuff. You'll only get frustrated. You have to use warm water. 4. When removing it, very warm water is much, much better than tepid water. I soak a cotton pad in fairly warm (but not uncomfortably warm) water and hold it on one closed eye for 30-60 seconds, then gently swipe downward to begin removing the tubes. Repeat the downward strokes, and if you're still having trouble, rinse off the cotton pad and hold it there for another 15 seconds or so to make the tubes release. If you want a non-disposable removal method, baby washcloths work well as an alternate to disposable cotton pads. 4. Those really AREN'T your eyelashes coming off, they really are the tubes. It'll take a dozen or so removals to really believe it.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I love this mascara, though it is VERY badly billed: this is not a volumizing mascara by any means but a DEFINING mascara! The packaging releases JUST the right amount of mascara (no rubbing a bunch of product off the wand first!). Also, duh, it's tubing, so you remove it a little differently, but, at least for me, it doesn't budge until you do. If you like a natural/separated lash look, I suggest this one.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

2.0

5 years ago

I tested this mascara out against my fave one that I use at night, I wanted to find one less dramatic and more subtle to wear during the day. This one clumped right away and gave me issues with when I tried taking it off, it was wayyy too difficult.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

5 years ago

This is my Holy Grail mascara! I have tried so many different mascaras in the past, drugstore and high end, and I couldn't find one that stayed put all day while giving my lashes volume and length. For a long time I used L'oreal Voluminous because I loved the look it gave my lashes, but settled for only wearing it on my top lashes so I wouldn't look like a raccoon at the end of the day. I heard about the "tubing" mascara trend and found out about No. 7's online, and I have to say I was a bit skeptical about its promise to provide "24 hour wear", but I saw it at Target for $9.99 and decided why not? And I couldn't be happier with it! It makes my lashes super long and separated with one coat, and it held my curl perfectly! It stayed on my top and bottom lashes flawlessly ALL DAY, absolutely no smudges or flakes. I even took a nap in it and it looked exactly the same when I woke up. Removal of this mascara is surprisingly easy. All I use is water and a cotton pad and it comes off quick and easy without leaving streaks on the skin or residue on the lashes. Couldn't ask for anything more!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Curly, Fine

5 years ago

Ah the "No 7 mascara in the gold tube" I've heard so much about. This appears to be a sleeper hit as it turns out many of my friends and colleagues wear it, even though you don't hear much about it. So I went out and got it and it lives up to expectations. Pros: Does. Not. Budge. Seriously, this stuff won't flake or smear if you did a workout in the Sahara Desert. Reasonably priced using No 7 coupons. (A bit pricey without, mind you) Gives very dramatic lashes with just one coat. Makes them look a mile long and black as sin. Cons: Tiresome to remove. The downside of all that staying power. Definately not for those who want a subtle look. Can look clumpy - care needs to be taken to fan it out evenly. This is now my go-to mascara for occasions where I have to rely on my mascara all day. 12 hour shift at work? Going to a wedding? This is my little gold buddy. Will probably repurchase as long as they make it.

About reviewer (100 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I always get the dreaded panda marks under my eyes. After reading all the tube mascara reviews I decided to go for the stay perfect in a gold tube. After 12 hrs still no dark marks at all. I Wouldn't say it givese the longest lushest lashes in the world but I only need it for the bottom so will put my usual mascara on the top lashes. It does a lovely job on the bottom ones......v happy indeed x

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 years ago

9/20/2018: This mascara still rocks! But I've moved onto other formulas. I don't need to retract anything from my original review though. --- First things first, I want to make it clear that this mascara has been reformulated. It now comes in a gold tube. I uploaded a picture to give you all a better idea of what to look for & what the brush looks like now. I never tried the old formulation. But I'm looking at reviews and not a single person is mentioning warm water to remove this. Boots No 7 Stay Perfect (in the gold tube) is now a tubing mascara! So if you do by chance buy this, do not be a moron like one reviewer on Target's website was - use warm water to remove the tubes off your lashes (vs MU remover...). Typically I stay far away from drugstore priced mascaras. All the 'waterproof' ones smudged on me as my pizzaface's oil remove them & caused them to smear on my lower lids. The closest I got to a decent waterproof mascara was actually Loreal's INTENZA Butterfly waterproof mascara. I honestly didn't care for mascara until I found tubing formulas. After a god awful experience with Loreal's Double Extend mascara, I swore to never try a drugstore tubing mascara again. Besides, that was basically the only tubing mascara on the drugstore market back then. So I tried many of the tubing mascaras Sephora & Nordstroms offer. Becca, Clinique, Too Faced... Blinc was definitely my favorite. I favor Blinc's original formula over their "Amplified" version. Either way, they're both $26 & well worth the price. I'll gladly pay that to not have raccoon eyes. Moving forward, recently (as I write this review) a fellow MUAer mentioned to me that Boots had a Blinc knock off. I was very intrigued, yet didn't expect much. I bought it & was beyond pleasantly surprised. I actually like this better than Blinc! I do not notice much difference in terms of formula. Both are rather wet for tubing mascaras, but that gives you more of an opportunity to separate the lashes before it sets. However the one thing that gives Boots an edge on its competition is the brush. If you look at the pic (the one with the gold tube...) you'll see it has a very small sturdy brush. This makes getting EVERY lash very simple. Even on your bottom lash line. You can do one coat for a natural look, and two - three for a dramatic falsies look. I will repurchase, along with recommend this mascara to everyone out there that as issues with mascaras smudging.

About reviewer (515 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I'm sad to see so many iffy reviews of this product, as I actually really like it! I get less fall out and clumpy, spider eyes with this mascara, and it stays in place nicely throughout the day. As well, I feel it doesn't rip my eyelashes out when I wash my face and take it off. No major residue left and no runs when washing, just comes off nicely. The price is also affordable at Target. Would definitely repurchase!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

1.0

7 years ago

Terrible mascara. I hate it. After one coat my (usually long) lashes were clumped, short and stumpy-looking. It honestly looked like I had about four lashes altogether. I didn't like the 'tubing' formula at all, and the brush was too small and did nothing to improve the look of my lashes. It dried really hard and did not hold a curl. Removing it was tedious, with warm water it took about 5 minutes to remove, and came off in flakes. Packaging was ok, nice gold colour, but to the touch it felt plasticky and cheap. For the price I was expecting a great mascara providing volume and length, which this mascara didn't at all. Overall very disappointed...

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

2.0

7 years ago

i find no.7 make up products overrated. i do find the packaging more luxurious, but in terms of quality, i see no real difference between Boots No.7 and Boots Natural Collection, which I'll have you know is far cheaper (and better!) Mascara wasn't great and i didn't like the brush as it made lashes clump together.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral