MooGoo Oil Cleansing Method for Normal skin

MooGoo Oil Cleansing Method for Normal skin

4.5

Jojoba Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Vitamin E, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Rosewood Essential Oil, Lavender Essential Oil, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Geranium Essential Oil

on 5/22/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love moogoo products and I love trying different types of oil cleansers, especially oils that emulsify and rinse off with water. So I was thrilled when I found moogoo has reformulated there oil cleanser and it now rinses off easily with water and leaves my face feeling soft and lightly moisturised but not oily. This is a great cleanser that removes makeup and dirt easily and leaves my face feeling clean. It is gentle on my skin doesn't break me out or irritate my skin or eyes.

Good stuff. Lovely smell, pleasant to use. It doesn't rinse off as easily as other oil cleansers (Shu Uemura's oil cleanser turn into a milky emulsion which rinses off, for example, but this doesn't). Given its ingredients and price, I've continued purchasing this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have repurchased this a couple of times but I'm not really sure going forward. I have acne prone skin and while this product did not make it worse, I haven't noticed a huge improvement (my acne is hormonal/cystic though so more related to internal factors). Gets off make up well.

on 5/16/2015 10:38:00 PM

Suprised but I actually love this!!! I had been holding off for ages trying this but so glad I did! My skin hasn't looked better in so long! Has immensely helped with the random blemishes I have been getting, my skin glows and feels so much better! Will definitely be continuing with using this product.

on 7/12/2014 9:41:00 PM

I've been struggling since winter hit to find products that wouldn't strip my combination skin too much. I don't suffer too much with dryness, just the occasional patch around my nose and mouth and a general feeling of tightness in my skin. It seems to be a bit more prevalent now that I am over 30 too.
I felt pretty confident that my moisturiser was fine. I exfoliate once a week and use a decent cleanser with a very mild exfoliator in the mornings, but I was having trouble finding something to use in the evenings that would remove my make-up, cleanse my face and not dry it out too much.
Hello MooGoo Oil Cleanser! I had read a lot recently about the oil cleansing method, and just like everyone else I was hesitant...but also a bit excited. The reviews are mixed with some people claiming it's the best thing they have ever done for their skin, whilst others cursing the day they ever heard of it. I had already decided to try it and mix the oils myself when I was in the pharmacy and stumbled across the MooGoo Oil Cleanser. Already pre-mixed for me and a really decent price $16.95AUD, I grabbed it. Then it sat in my cupboard for a week. I was scared to use it. I read a few reviews specifically of this cleanser and again they were mixed. When I finally sucked it up and used it I followed reviewers advice to a tee. I applied the oil, massaging it into my skin for approx, 1 min. I then laid a heated, wet wash cloth over my face for 30 seconds or so. Apparently this is to help draw out the impurities in your skin. The suggested time was 2-3 minutes, but patience has never been one of my virtues. Then I used the wash cloth to remove the remaining oil and applied my moisturiser as I always do.
I have used this product twice now and I am already amazed with the results! My pores are more refined, my skin is clearer, the dry patches that I have been experiencing are almost gone and my skin seems to have lost the sallow look I have desperately fighting these last few months. A lot of the reviewers have said that after a week their skin has reacted so I will post another review in a few weeks to update, but right now I am converted. The oil cleansing method does seem to work, and this particular product is, not only convenient, but pleasant to use and gives great results.

on 6/26/2013 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At 30 years old I had come to the conclusion that my skin would always be super oily, red across my nose with enlarged pores and dry patches near my mouth and nose. I have used nearly every product under the sun (super expense and cheap) to try and correct my problems and would usually still be an oily slick by the time I arrived at work in the morning and would constantly need to touch with powder all day.

I have been using your Moogoo Oil Cleaners for normal skin for around 2 weeks now and a few days ago it seems that my skin has literately stop producing too much oil. A light powder on the nose at lunch time and good for the entire day, I am amazed! It must be because I'm no longer stripping oil from my skin by using the harsh products I was using, my skin no long needs to overcompensate for the oil. My dry patches have also cleared up, the redness settle down and my pores are actually getting smaller! I have used so many pore minimizing creams without success and I can't believe I found a solution that fixes all my skin issues in one go! I now have normal skin!!!! So happy!

I wish I could buy the cleansing oil by the barrel!

on 11/22/2012 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've always had very oily skin and every cleanser I used, doesn't matter how gentle or expensive always seemed to strip the oil and my face would always feel tight. With this oil cleanser, not only has it normalised the oil so that I now actually have 'normal' skin not 'oily' it also gets rid of all my blackheads.

It is so effective I have actually been turned away from beauty salons because they've told me I don't need any of their treatments. Absolutely amazing.

on 11/11/2012 7:43:00 PM

This smells wonderful and leaves your skin glowing and supple. It does not dry out your skin and if you flip over to have a look at the ingredient list, there is nothing artificial and each ingredient is a quality addition to the product.
However, you do need to follow the directions as it does take a bit more time than other cleansers. Once you put it on, make sure you put a hot towel over your face to let it open up your pores. Leave it there for about a minute or and then wash off. It smells really relaxing and for $27 for quality ingredients, I would definitely buy it again! If you buy it on the website they also include free samples for you to try their other products. I love it!

on 10/10/2009 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the natural ingredient, I love the brand, I love the smell and the feel of the oil but I just don't seem to get used to this new method of removing make-up. It's a bit messy for my liking. It satisfied my curiosity for sure but I will not repurchase.

*Edit*
I discovered the right way to use this product. After blending the oil on face, I run hot water and wet a washcloth with it - the water should not be too hot that burns your skin but just below that point, definitely hotter than lukewarm. Then I gently wipe my face with it. Rince the wash cloth now and then with the running hot water to remove excess dirt off the cloth & keep it warm. Press the cloth against the skin esp around nose etc.. to open pores and deep cleanse the problem areas. After that I rince my face with lukewarm water a few times ---> very cold water to close the pores. Pat dry, tone, then moisturise. No other cleanser needed. The remaining oil works as a shield and it's great for winter skin. The whole process is very relaxing because it's warm and smells nice.

Everyone would do good to try this brand. Take a look at the ingredients list of the products you are currently using, chances are they are ridiculously long. Does your skin really need to be exposed to all of those chemicals? Recently I have been trying to cut down on my products and instead use minimal products with minimal natural ingredients and my skin feels and looks better. This is a great brand and it is really well priced. It took some willpower to cut down on all the Lancome, Clinique, Dior etc I was using which are generally fine but completely loaded with chemicals (take a look at the ingredients) but I have more money and better skin now!