OPI Funny Bunny

OPI Funny Bunny

3.7

on 8/6/2015 2:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got to try this one on a trip to Honduras. It was a very trendy color at the moment, at least it seemed like it. The color is almost the same as Kiss the Bride from Orly, which is my go to nail polish color. In my opinion, this color looks great on a French Manicure. The formula is good, and it dried very fast. It is not that sheer with two coats, and you can still see the "white line" of a French Manicure. I loved that it is neutral, almost whit-ish not too pink-ish. I still prefer Kiss the Bride over this one.

on 8/13/2014 10:31:00 PM

I love the look of a white manicure, but make no mistake, I don't want my nails to look like I'm in a 6th grade math class painting them with whiteout, which I actually did when I was in my 6th grade math class. Go figure. Now I'm 28, a wife, and a mother and I like a more sophisticated, clean, feminine, and soft white manicure. Funny Bunny by OPI is just the product to deliver all of my wants and needs in a white manicure look. It is so beautiful and not to mention the formula, the formula, THE FORMULA. For a white nail polish it goes on so nice and smooth unlike Waltz and Marshmallow by Essie. I'm sorry but Funny Bunny blows Waltz and Marshmallow out of the water. Those polishes are super streaky and tricky to apply. Funny Bunny applies like a dream, and in 3 coats you have the most beautiful and clean white manicure you could ask for. I'm actually going out tomorrow to find a backup of this polish and keep stored in case this color is discontinued. Sorry Essie, but OPI won this one.

To Read all 29 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is an all-right nail polish, like most of OPI's nail polishes. It chips pretty quickly. I didn't know this was sheer when I apply it all over the nails, it gets all streaky no matter how careful and neat I try to be. I have since relegated to just painting the tips of my nails past the nails' "smile line," for a softer version of a French manicure (or American manicure, I guess). I like to buff and shin my nails, use a strengthening nail polish coat, and then 1-2 coats of OPI Funny Bunny. Two coats is the perfect opacity for enhancing the tips of your nails from the natural slight yellow-tinge to a clean, milky white. I'll keep using it, but I'll be on the lookout for something that produces the same effect in one application.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a sheer/translucent, milky white, jelly style polish with subtle pale blue undertones. I didn't get this for the purpose of wearing it on my entire nail. My hands are pale and my complexion is cool, and pastels (and whites) usually look pretty awful on me. I got this to use for glitter sandwiches, as a base for other colours, and for subtle tips on an American manicure (that's basically a French manicure, but with much more subtle colours than a traditional French with the stark white tips and pink nailbeds).

Still, I did test it out on my full nails, just to see. First thing I have to say is: Use a good base coat. I tested without base coat (since I wasn't going to have it on my nails for very long) and the application was horribly uneven. When I went back and used base coat, the application was surprisingly smooth.

First coat is quite sheer, slightly milky, and very glossy. I could wear it this way, though it does tend to kind of deaden the colour of my naturally pink nail beds in a weird way. Second coat gives a distinctly milky, translucent look that's actually quite pretty (though I wouldn't wear it like this; I just don't like the look of pale nails with my pale skin). A further third coat increases the "milky white" look, though it's still not entirely opaque. I have my doubts as to whether or not this polish, being a fairly sheer jelly, could ever be made truly opaque, no matter how many coats you used.

One coat of this makes a really nice base for other colours to give them a bit of a light boost, and it does do extremely nice, light, subtle tips. It's also perfect for a glitter jelly sandwich, especially with a nice, colourful, chunky glitter.

Overall, I'm really happy with this polish, because I knew it was sheer when I bought it, and I had specific plans for usage which did not include wearing it as a full-nail polish (at least, not on its own). For my purposes, it's excellent. And, hey, maybe some people look great with translucent, milky nails, in which case this polish can certainly deliver.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Funny Bunny is a stark, demi-sheer white that streaks somewhat. I don't like the slight blue-grey undertone, and that it chips easily compared to other whites and soft shades I have. The halfway sheer - halfway opaque coverage I don't like either as it doesn't really say much. I prefer either a white that is either very sheer and elegant, or, a high impact opaque coverage white like "Alpine Snow", which is crisp and stark without the grey.

on 7/18/2013 2:01:00 PM

PROS:
- Looks polished, professional, and chic
- Jelly finish gives a softer appearance than stark, opaque white

CONS:
- Very sheer, takes 3 coats to look smooth and 4 coats to cover the nail line
- Streaky application, requires extra layers of top coat (see note below)

BOTTOM LINE:
Beautiful, but frustrating and time-consuming to apply. I'll keep using it until I find a better alternative.

NOTE:
I get the best results when I use 3 coats of Funny Bunny with a layer of top coat after each one. That's 7 coats total with base coat, but it helps the color apply much more smoothly.

OPI Funny Bunny is my favorite go to white nails polish. It's a sheer or what some refer to as a jelly polish. I love that it's a soft white not a white-out stark white. My hands have a lot of red/pink undertones and it's hard to find the right white polish to compliment them, Funny Bunny works well with my complexion.

Application is a dream, no streaking, just easy all the way! It looks beautiful even in one coat, two coats are very pretty and sheer, but my preference is to do three coats. I love it on square shaped nails with a bit of length. I can't stop looking at my hands, that's how much I love it. I've always loved that white nail look and just never could find the just right white. I thought it was East Hampton Cottage by Essie and wrote a review on that one too, but I passed that one on to my sister-in-law after feeling like it didn't play down the ruddy tone in my hands.

Some have compared this to Essie Marshmallow and think it's a dupe for OPI FB but I don't recall liking Marshmallow for a number of reasons. I feel like the OPI FB is glossier for one, 100% less streaky, the marshmallow was a nightmare in the application would get my world's worst application award. I thought the Marshmallow was a bit more stark and white-outy on my hands, I just didn't like it. I was stuck with it over Thanksgiving and felt a sense of relief when I removed it. OPI Funny Bunny is amazing and I would be devastated if it ever got discontinued. It's just so easy to apply and has a gorgeous white quality, it's white polish perfection in my book!

on 12/1/2012 12:55:00 AM

I bought Funny Bunny to use it as a white for a French Manicure. Unfortunately this polish only becomes opaque after about 3-4 coats and is then too thick to use as a French Tip. However, I did paint a thin coat of this polish over my whole nail, and I love it! One thin coat is just enough to make the tips of my nails look whiter without whitening the pinks of my nails too much. This nail polish is absolutely perfect if you are aiming for an American Manicure (which is a more natural looking French Manicure)
I'd definitely buy this polish again, as its incredibly versatile. The colour looks great after just one coat, and if you have a little more time, after 3 coats you are left with an opaque white nail. (Which is the perfect base for nail art!) Two coats of this polish also create a great white base for layering neon colours on.

on 4/26/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

There's no dupe on the planet (so far) to exactly match my HG favorite Bourjois Lissant Blanchissant which is long since discontinued (*weeping*), but OPI's Funny Bunny is a nice sheer white in the interim. I've tried a few others & this seems to be about as clean a white as I could find in a sheer polish. It isn't stark white but it isn't overly beige either. I'd call it eggshell white. (I'm very fussy about white polish being exactly pure white with glowy brightness to the color while being sheer & not chalky or opaque.)

Kinda streaky even on my small nails, so I have to apply quickly & carefully, & layer it on to fill in bald spots while building the color. To give it as clean a white look as possible, I use a blue-tinted yellow stain neutralizer as a basecoat. I marked that I'd buy this again, even though I'll probably never finish this bottle. It's a good polish, but I sorely miss my perfect Bourjois fave. *sigh*

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The perfect white for a french mani (I use it with pinking of you). It's not too harsh, but it's definetely a very clean white. I've had it on for two days and it hasn't chipped at all.

Popular Polishes