MAC Oil Control Lotion

MAC Oil Control Lotion
Oil Control Lotion

3.2

water\aqua\EAU, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, isocetyl alcohol, polysorbate 40, acrylamide/ sodium acryloydimethyltaurate copolymer, isohexadecane, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, mimosa tenuiflora bark extract, laminaria saccharina extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, hydrogenated lecithin, arginine, butylene glycol, maltodextrin, quaternium-22, polysorbate 80, sodium citrate, cermacide 3, citric acid, linoleic acid, frangrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol

on 10/16/2016 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in travel size and actually loved it. My skin is oily but can be look dull and dehydrated at times. It is an interesting phenomenon but your skin can be oily and still dehydrated. So this lotion does a good job in keeping my face comfortable and hydrated. It doesn't matter what foundation I am wearing on top of this, it does a good job.

on 10/4/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hello! I live in the Philippines and it is so humid and hot here. I have a very oily skin. If I put makeup on shine would start pushing through on my forehead, my nose bridge and the apples of my cheeks. If I do not touch up then my face would be so oily it feels muddy(haha)

This baby has helped me a lot. Although I do use it as a regular moisturizer however I discovered a way to use this that helped me with my oily face so much I had to stock up this is not sold here in the Philippnes ( I find it stupid that mac does not sell this here since we are an oily lot haha)

We went on a family road trip and it kept my shine at bay for the first time in my entire life! not exaggerating! this could have helped me with during my high school and college life and saved me from the embarrassment of being able to fry food with my face. lol

what I do is, After my face oils up a little bit ( after applying makeup) I pat the oil off with facial tissue and then reapply the mac facial lotion on my face, put powder on (inis free< recommended) and then redo my blush and bronzer and - hwala! shine free whoopee

on 9/9/2016 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have oily and acne prone skin.

I love this lotion. Although it has a chemical smell when applying it disappears very fast. It feels cooling and refreshing when applying it on my face and helps to mattify my skin. However, I would not recommend this to use as a primer it does not do anything to fill out pores, I tried to and it did not work very well.

I simply use this as a regular part of my skin care routine before I apply my makeup- and even during my night-time/pre-bed skin care routine. First I exfoliate, then cleanse. Then I use a couple of pumps of this lotion and apply it all over my face and allow it to dry. Then I moisturise and allow it to dry then apply my primer. Followed by application of my liquid or powder foundation. The above on applies when I have time, otherwise I just use this lotion followed by primer then foundation.

The packaging is great with a plastic pump bottle and comes in 50ml. It is expensive but last me a very long time usually for about 6 months. A little bit goes a long way as it really does mattify my skin like magic. Without this, I usually end up very oily and have to blot my skin constantly.

I will repurchase this again and would recommend to everyone :)

on 5/15/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Total waste of money,I regret buying this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 4/28/16: I still have my same old original bottle of Oil Control Lotion, but it is too cost prohibitive to use as my only moisturizer, unfortunately coz I was getting gr8 results but cost is a big factor so I switched to Formula 10-0-6 or Olay Fresh Effects Mattifier w good results & I've been putting this just on my tzone to conserve it. I have been using MAC Matte ("Primer") w it also w good results. I get the best mattest results using MAC ProLongWear liquid fdtn w MAC loose transparent (white) Prep + Prime powder on nose/chin/between brows which is where I produce the most oil on my face. I may have to break down & replace this bottle & go back to using this as my main moisturizer as summer hot humid weather is apprroaching. It is a wonderful product thou. Really gr8 if u have oily skin & need an excellent moisturizer & want to keep ur face matte.
---
Original Review: 4 a cpl months now I have been using this exclusively as my "only" moisturizer (I'm normally a die hard Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel girl!). I have extreme oily skin EXTREME!!! I'd say they work about the same but Clinique is a heap cheaper (the small tube is $14 & lasts minimum of a cpl months usual longer & MAC is 1.7oz which I've had since Xmas (it's begin of feb now) & is a little over half used up. I like the B2M programme but this is ridic expensive. I'd never used MAC skincare b4 I think they ought to stick w lipstick/Lipglass coz their weak points are skincare & fdtn's. They need a fdtn for extremely oily acne prone skin none of their fndn's I've tried are not geared toward a really oily skin type & 1 is mistaken if they think by dabbing a bit of this on the t-zone that u wouldn't have to use blot papers/blot powder. This is a nice lightweight oil free moisturizer but it won't perform miracles. I would probably repurchase to try it for summer months so I'll keep that as "Yes." The pckging is nice sleek modern utilitarian & practical for travel. I love the pump but I'm gonna remove the cap so much wasted...! & use a makeup spatula to remove every last trace what can I say I hate wasted product, I'm a frugal type it's bad enough what I paid for it btw travel size is a much better deal price per ounce.

Total and complete waste of money. It does nothing that it promises.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Edit: 9/12/15
Even though I think its good stuff, its been a few weeks since ive tried it, and found out something very wrong with it.

The lotion...flakes off. And its super annoying to feel while i put my pore minimizing balm over it, and rub it over, it comes off in flakes. Im pretty upset about this. Thank god i only purchased the 10 dollar travel size of this, im never buying it again until they change the formula to make it less flakey. Im gonna wear this without makeup from now on.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This irritated my face.. and also made it look shiny but feeling so dry. Did not really feel like a moisturizer at all. I did not really like this product.

on 6/1/2014 7:39:00 PM

Sadly, this really didn't work for me. I feel like it actually made me oil up more and faster! I am really dissapointed. A pity since it seems to work for a lot people.

on 4/29/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

If you expect this product to work the 1st or 2nd time you use it, you will be very dissapointed. It takes time to work. I suggest daily use for about 2 weeks and you will gradually see the results and will LOVE this lotion. I am only oily on my T-Zone and it delays my oil production. It won't keep you matte all day by itsel but coupled with a good setting powder it will work wonders. I am already satisfied with after a couple of weeks so long term use is the way to go. Defintely recommends!