MAC Oil Control Lotion

MAC Oil Control Lotion

3.1

water\aqua\EAU, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, isocetyl alcohol, polysorbate 40, acrylamide/ sodium acryloydimethyltaurate copolymer, isohexadecane, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, mimosa tenuiflora bark extract, laminaria saccharina extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium hyaluronate, hydrogenated lecithin, arginine, butylene glycol, maltodextrin, quaternium-22, polysorbate 80, sodium citrate, cermacide 3, citric acid, linoleic acid, frangrance (parfum), phenoxyethanol

on 5/15/2016 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Total waste of money,I regret buying this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 4/28/16: I still have my same old original bottle of Oil Control Lotion, but it is too cost prohibitive to use as my only moisturizer, unfortunately coz I was getting gr8 results but cost is a big factor so I switched to Formula 10-0-6 or Olay Fresh Effects Mattifier w good results & I've been putting this just on my tzone to conserve it. I have been using MAC Matte ("Primer") w it also w good results. I get the best mattest results using MAC ProLongWear liquid fdtn w MAC loose transparent (white) Prep + Prime powder on nose/chin/between brows which is where I produce the most oil on my face. I may have to break down & replace this bottle & go back to using this as my main moisturizer as summer hot humid weather is apprroaching. It is a wonderful product thou. Really gr8 if u have oily skin & need an excellent moisturizer & want to keep ur face matte.
---
Original Review: 4 a cpl months now I have been using this exclusively as my "only" moisturizer (I'm normally a die hard Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel girl!). I have extreme oily skin EXTREME!!! I'd say they work about the same but Clinique is a heap cheaper (the small tube is $14 & lasts minimum of a cpl months usual longer & MAC is 1.7oz which I've had since Xmas (it's begin of feb now) & is a little over half used up. I like the B2M programme but this is ridic expensive. I'd never used MAC skincare b4 I think they ought to stick w lipstick/Lipglass coz their weak points are skincare & fdtn's. They need a fdtn for extremely oily acne prone skin none of their fndn's I've tried are not geared toward a really oily skin type & 1 is mistaken if they think by dabbing a bit of this on the t-zone that u wouldn't have to use blot papers/blot powder. This is a nice lightweight oil free moisturizer but it won't perform miracles. I would probably repurchase to try it for summer months so I'll keep that as "Yes." The pckging is nice sleek modern utilitarian & practical for travel. I love the pump but I'm gonna remove the cap so much wasted...! & use a makeup spatula to remove every last trace what can I say I hate wasted product, I'm a frugal type it's bad enough what I paid for it btw travel size is a much better deal price per ounce.

To Read all 151 Reviews, Login or Join

Total and complete waste of money. It does nothing that it promises.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Edit: 9/12/15
Even though I think its good stuff, its been a few weeks since ive tried it, and found out something very wrong with it.

The lotion...flakes off. And its super annoying to feel while i put my pore minimizing balm over it, and rub it over, it comes off in flakes. Im pretty upset about this. Thank god i only purchased the 10 dollar travel size of this, im never buying it again until they change the formula to make it less flakey. Im gonna wear this without makeup from now on.

on 6/11/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I got a small size of this to try it out. It did not do anything for my very oily skin. Oil was pouring out like no tomorrow. Having said that, if it says Oil Control on the tube or bottle and it does not do so, then in my book, it is not a good product.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This irritated my face.. and also made it look shiny but feeling so dry. Did not really feel like a moisturizer at all. I did not really like this product.

on 6/1/2014 7:39:00 PM

Sadly, this really didn't work for me. I feel like it actually made me oil up more and faster! I am really dissapointed. A pity since it seems to work for a lot people.

on 4/29/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

If you expect this product to work the 1st or 2nd time you use it, you will be very dissapointed. It takes time to work. I suggest daily use for about 2 weeks and you will gradually see the results and will LOVE this lotion. I am only oily on my T-Zone and it delays my oil production. It won't keep you matte all day by itsel but coupled with a good setting powder it will work wonders. I am already satisfied with after a couple of weeks so long term use is the way to go. Defintely recommends!

Aloha, So I live in Hawaii and have combination skin. because of the heat and humidity here my face gets shiny SUPER-UBER fast. I used to use a moisturizer and then an oil control lotion and then foundation and I would always notice that my face would get shiny almost right away, I wouldn't even make it out of my door. And my makeup would slip right off, I would get so upset. I would have that greasy look, the hair that got into my face would get greasy, every time I got off of the phone, my screen would have that grease spot on it. eeeeeeew! So i went to the MAC counter and decided to talk to representative. The lady suggested I buy this lotion. It was pricey. But I thought whatever hopefully it works and if not I'll return it. I tried it and it works. I have no shine! yay! I am so happy. I put it on and it feels so smooth. Then I apply my foundation. So I put my makeup on around 8 am sometimes earlier and it stays on without touchups (!) until about 6 pm-ish. I then do a touch up with just powder, bronzer and blush before dinner. But seriously this really worked for me. I do not have any shine coming through. I have been using this for about 10 days now everyday. It doesn't break me out. The smell is horrible, but it goes away pretty fast. I do recommend this, I use this with the mac prolong wear foundation so it really last!

on 12/15/2013 10:33:00 PM

After using this for awhile I came back to changee my review. This moisturizer does control oil--somewhat. But my skin has become irritated and stings whenever I apply it. I wouldn't really recommend this at all.