3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

Excelent! Not greasy, good formulation and really works controlling my t-zone during the day.I wear it before my sunblock and makeup everyday.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

from

a year ago

Not a miracle product, but it does help control oil production and it smells nice, the typical mac vanilla scent. I exfoliate my face often, and clean it everyday, but in a few hours I can feel my skin oily again (specially in the summer) and this helps a lot with the greasy feeling and keeps oil at bay. It's not strong, so if you have a super oily skin, suffer from massive acne breakouts, is infested with blackheads or any other major problem like that, this won't suffice. Save you money and look for something stronger. But if you are like me and have a mild oily skin this may help.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

3 years ago

Regret buying this. I'm not even that much of an oily person but my T Zone does get quite oily after just a few hours of wearing make up. Looks really shiny and I don't have time at work to be touching it up etc. But anyway - this lotion does nothing , I'm still oily at the same time I would be without this lotion. When you put it on it does make everything feel matte but that's about it. No oil control about it. Buy something else if you want to control oil. I am still looking for a good product x

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

3 years ago

For reference, I have very oil skin. I need all and every oil control possible! Long story short: this lotion may be TOO effective. PROS: Nice smell, and it comes in a small travel size so you can try it before committing to a large bottle! CONS: It's very drying - and if not drying, it just absorbs too much oil TOO quickly. My oily-ass skin has never experienced a "drying" lotion.... but this one is it! It left my skin feeling very dry, less dry than if water was applied, and with a powdery filmy feeling. While that in itself isn't horrible, what has given me the thumbs down is how it is under makeup. I used MAC Studio Fix over it, applied with a stippling brush, and it HORRIBLE! Dry, cakey, parched mess. Yuck. Normally I have to set even Studio Fix, but the lotion was SO drying that the Studio Fix literally dried to a powder dry. Touch dry. Then all day it looked bad, cakey... yes oil was less. But not worth the bad looking skin. :) I wasn't sure if it was the Studio Fix or the lotion, so I tried it again with another moisturizer (I love the brand Derma E, a gentle natural brand!) and the Studio Fix went on wonderfully.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I also bought this in a travel tube. It is nice and lightweight. The scent isn't overbearing. It made my skin feel soft. I did get oily after a few hours of wear. Overall it's a nice basic oil free lotion. I enjoy the lightweight texture, that also moisturizes skin well.

About reviewer (470 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I bought this as a travel size when in the airport and ended up really loving it. It gives me a velvetty finish which isn't completely matte and doesn't leave me dry after application. Would be a perfect base for foundation as it almost leaves the skin feely soft and primed. I wore this alone with sunscreen and a little MSFN in Give me Sun. Wouldn't use this as an everyday moisturizer but good for hot weather.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I bought this in travel size and actually loved it. My skin is oily but can be look dull and dehydrated at times. It is an interesting phenomenon but your skin can be oily and still dehydrated. So this lotion does a good job in keeping my face comfortable and hydrated. It doesn't matter what foundation I am wearing on top of this, it does a good job.

About reviewer (919 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Hello! I live in the Philippines and it is so humid and hot here. I have a very oily skin. If I put makeup on shine would start pushing through on my forehead, my nose bridge and the apples of my cheeks. If I do not touch up then my face would be so oily it feels muddy(haha) This baby has helped me a lot. Although I do use it as a regular moisturizer however I discovered a way to use this that helped me with my oily face so much I had to stock up this is not sold here in the Philippnes ( I find it stupid that mac does not sell this here since we are an oily lot haha) We went on a family road trip and it kept my shine at bay for the first time in my entire life! not exaggerating! this could have helped me with during my high school and college life and saved me from the embarrassment of being able to fry food with my face. lol what I do is, After my face oils up a little bit ( after applying makeup) I pat the oil off with facial tissue and then reapply the mac facial lotion on my face, put powder on (inis free< recommended) and then redo my blush and bronzer and - hwala! shine free whoopee

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Medium Brown

HairBlack

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I have oily and acne prone skin. I love this lotion. Although it has a chemical smell when applying it disappears very fast. It feels cooling and refreshing when applying it on my face and helps to mattify my skin. However, I would not recommend this to use as a primer it does not do anything to fill out pores, I tried to and it did not work very well. I simply use this as a regular part of my skin care routine before I apply my makeup- and even during my night-time/pre-bed skin care routine. First I exfoliate, then cleanse. Then I use a couple of pumps of this lotion and apply it all over my face and allow it to dry. Then I moisturise and allow it to dry then apply my primer. Followed by application of my liquid or powder foundation. The above on applies when I have time, otherwise I just use this lotion followed by primer then foundation. The packaging is great with a plastic pump bottle and comes in 50ml. It is expensive but last me a very long time usually for about 6 months. A little bit goes a long way as it really does mattify my skin like magic. Without this, I usually end up very oily and have to blot my skin constantly. I will repurchase this again and would recommend to everyone :)

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

1.0
from

4 years ago

Total waste of money,I regret buying this!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29