Kryolan Anti Shine Powder

Kryolan Anti Shine Powder
Kryolan Anti-Shine PowderAnti Shine PowderAnti Shine Powder

4.5

Ingredients:Dimethylimidazolidinone rice starch, talc, parfum. Parfum is listed on the bottom of the jar, but NOT on any of the packaging!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This powder is the bomb. My T-zone usually gets oily after an hour with any setting powder that I use. I've used Laura Mercier, Ben Nye, MUFE, Chanel, RCMA, Tarte, Elf and Nars, but this is the only mattifying powder that did the job for me.

I wore it for 3 hours, jogged for 45 minutes; my T-zone remained matte. I am living in a hot and humid weather as well; here in the Philippines. It stayed matte another 3 hours before I had to blot. This is just fantastic.

The packaging is a bit of a turn off because the sifter doesn't have that thing that the Laura Mercier that where you can block it so it's a bit messy and wasteful, but then again with the amount you get, it's not really that bad and a little goes a long way. It's great with flash photography as it doesn't leave a white cast and I am so happy I purchased this product. So far, Kryolan has not failed me with their products.

Pros:
It does as claimed
It has great staying power
The quantity is great
The quality is phenomenal

Cons:
The packaging as stated above
It's not the most accessible product.

on 7/8/2016 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

WOW! This stuff is a LIFE SAVER!

I have an extremely oily t-zone, so much so, that makeup doesn't stay long and at the end of the day my makeup would be sunken in, splotchy, and missing on certain parts of my face. I used mattifying primer, applied a layer of powder on top of my makeup AND set my t-zone with BN Banana Powder and I STILL had to blot at least 3 times a day. Changing my foundation from the MUFE F&B to Revlon Colorstay did help with the lasting power, but I still had to blot and my makeup would still disintegrate a bit.

So as my BN was nearing the end of it's life, I started looking for other powders to use to help keep my oil at bay. I was gonna go the drugstore route or even stay within the product confines of the "popular" makeup community (Laura Mercier, NARS, etc.) but after researching powder and finding this, I decided to branch out.

As a brown skinned girl, I was afraid of how white it was and knew that claims of it not showing up on light skinned users really weren't beneficial to me but I went out on a limb and bought it.

Glad to say that I DO NOT regret this purchase. The more you apply, the better the oil control. This is a finely milled power. A little goes a long way. I apply mine with a damp beauty blender and press into the areas of my face that get the oiliest. I then let it sit (or bake) for 10 minutes. NOW, it DOES show up but once you add a setting spray it becomes COMPLETELY invisible. Even BN could still look cakey after being sprayed. I also notice that you can still feel the powder after being sprayed, which is a good thing because that means there is staying power. Some powders are rendered useless once sprayed with a liquid.

I added a little more than usual today and was a little scared it would be to ashy, but it just meant that I put my makeup on at 12 PM and didn't blot until 6:30 PM! I usually only blot 2x and it doesn't seem like a big difference, but the thing is, I can get away with blotting later in the day, the oil on my tissues is nowhere near the amount it used to be, and even when I blot it is mainly a preference thing and I could probably get away with not blotting at all.

Also, they changed the packaging. It now has a silver top engraved with the words Kryolan and no writing on the jar. Very nice looking. It still comes with a puff, but I don't use it.

UPDATE:// I've started applying this with a wet beauty blender and still letting it sit for 10 minutes, however after brushing any excess off, I have realized it actually is quite transparent on my skin so I no longer use setting spray.

on 1/16/2016 6:15:00 AM

I have combo skin with a very oily forehead, this powder keeps me matte everywhere on my face except my forehead even when i put 2-3 layers of it.
You dont need to use alot of this powder on areas that are not so oily and shiny, its really natural looking and gives a natural matte look.
If youre into "baking" i wouldnt bake with it because it can look really grey if you put too much on top of your concealer .

on 9/29/2014 12:47:00 AM

I have struggled with very oily skin. Sunscreen, generously applied in the morning, also doesn't help. I buy a new loose powder to test out whenever I can. But this baby just blew me away! I use it as a finishing powder on oily areas and I can go at least 4 hours without blotting my face. I can't go more than 2 hrs with other brands.

What's special about this is that is rice starch based, with some talc thrown in there to make it easier to blend and pretty much nothing else. The texture is extremely fine. I guess this is what they call top-quality professional-grade. Not cheap but I will gladly pay that. In the winter I will just go back to the loose face powder by Marcelle, a local Canadian brand. That is also great.

The packaging is simple but heavyweight. It contains 30g which should last a very long time. I recommend this if you have very oily skin. But if applied very lightly it could work for other people on key areas as well. If you have always struggled with shine this is a powder in which you should invest. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

on 9/15/2014 5:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is a god sent! It's the only powder that will keep me matte ALL DAY LONG no joke. It's not cakey, it doesn't flash back in photos, it doesn't cling, just amazingly light feeling matte skin all day with no issues. I'll never buy any other powder ever again!

on 10/17/2013 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought I loved Kryolan's Translucent Powder (have hailed it as a Holy Grail product) but this... THIS baby is part of my forever makeup family. All the things I loved about the Translucent powder, but a lot more mattifying power. Amazing price for the amount you receive, as you only need the tiniest amount. Works perfectly on my sensitive, reddened, combination oil-slick-like skin. Packing is ughhhh, ugly and bulky so super annoying to travel with. Also I recommend only perforating a few of the holes through the sticker, because trust me if you just rip the sticker completely off, one wrong move and it'll seem like that scene from Scarface with the the piles of cocaine everywhere! I use my Real Techniques multi-task brush to apply sparingly. I highly highly recommend any oily-skinned ladies (or gentlemen) to try this out. I believe you can find it in specialised theatre cosmetics shops and online.

You're welcome ;)

on 8/2/2013 8:25:00 PM

This definitely performs better than MAC's Blot Powder and Black Opal's Oil Blocking powder. My face is indeed a greaseball, especially in the summer. However, even though this does better, my face still gets super greasy within 2-3 hours. I like though, that this has a smoother consistency and application than MAC or Black Opal (which I keep in my purse on the go). I find that this is most effective when paired with a makeup setting spray (like Victoria's Secret Face Prime). Unless you're an exceptional case like me though, this product should take away shine and keep it away very effectively. In fact, it may even cause dry patches for those with skin on the drier side. Yes, the packaging takes a bit of time to get used to. It's just a twist jar lid with a powder puff sitting over the sifter. If you remove the whole sticker from the sifter (when it's brand new), you'll find that the powder just spills everywhere super easily. I actually trim the sticker so that 3/4ths of the the sifter holes are covered and this helps control the amount of powder released much better. If you didn't have luck with MAC or Black Opal, this may be the answer to your troubles. Give it a shot!

on 5/31/2013 8:57:00 PM

I thought I would throw in a review for this fabulous product I have been using for a while. I have oily skin, and am forever on the lookout for new powders and miracle products! Well, this comes pretty darn close....after experimenting with it, my favorite way to use this is to sprinkle a little on top of my all-time fave Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder (in Light/Medium) and apply with powder puff. Pretty darn shine-free and flawless most of the day. Now a staple on my vanity table. Highly recommended!!!

on 1/28/2013 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I like Kryolan as a brand as find some of there products excellent quality and value, however I can't say this product worked for me, I get a very oily t-zone and this powder had no real benefits or staying power over other brands that I have used. Currently my favourite is the amazingly cheap Natural Collection Loose Powder in Neutral Translucent from Boots, looks scarily orange in the pot but goes on fine and controls my oil the best I have found so far.

on 8/22/2012 12:33:00 PM

My skin used to be very dry, but I started a new medication that started to make it more on the combination side, and my nose area started to get quite oily. This has become my setting powder of choice. I could see why it may give others a greyish or white cast if applied too liberally, but because my skin is ghostly white already, it doesn't make too much of a difference to me. I find this powder controls oil much better than any other powder I have tried, and I would definitely repurchase!