4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Bought this on a whim and oh boy am i happy. I love peppermint patties and this smells just like that. The lip applicator fits so perfectly on the lips and the formula is very slippery and slightly glossy. the glossiness doesnt last but the lips are hydrated and plumped as it dissapears. It feels very hydrating but not heavy or too "hugging" some lip balms are too waxy and heavy. I appreciate how light and sort of watery this is. It is cooling and a bit tingling upon application but dissipates quickly, its only 3 dollars so i am a lip balm junkie and Palmers is def one of my favorite brand for lotions and chapsticks. I love their swivel stick also. Edit, this started to taste a bit weird after awhile! Wont be repurchasing.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

1.0

2 years ago

I have this in lip balm/stick version but there is no page for that so I'm writing it here. I have the same issue as the reviewer below - it gives my lips unpleasant burning and tingling sensation. And it's not like a slight refreshing menthol tingle in Carmex, it actually makes me want to wipe it off because it hurts. This is weird because I don't even feel much of a mint scent. And if I run my tongue over the lips I only get some metallic taste and the after taste becomes something even less pleasant. The texture, smell and looks are decent though. Moreover it is stated on the tube that the active ingredients are dimethicone (silicone) 1.5%, octinoxate 7.5% and oxybenzone 4.5% (UV filters). Aaaand in the ingredient list (which cannot be found on Palmer's website) cocoa butter goes after mineral oil, two kinds of wax and aroma (which is almost not detectable). WTF. I won't repurchase and definitely don't recommend.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

1.0

4 years ago

I loved the taste and smell of this. It probably was a good product but unfortunately it actually made my lips crack and become very sore. I'm guessing this was some type of allergic reaction, so I understand that this probably doesn't happen to most people. However, I do tend to think that heavily scented products tend to cause more allergic reactions so I'd be warey if you've ever had a similar issue. I swapped to Lanolips and I'm in love - fixed me up from the damage caused by the Palmer's. Wish it had worked for me - great price, great packaging and great taste!

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

5 years ago

This is a go to lip balm for me,I've tried many others and ended up with flakey lips,any product that makes skin peel is a big No..This is the best one and it's the cheapest. It makes my liner last longer,it moisturizes very well and can be used as gloss or balm. A little goes a long way for moisturizing lips.

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3.0

5 years ago

Odd that I like this, as I dislike gourmand fragrances in perfume. It is a strong chocolate mint fragrance that lingers. Clear and glossy, not very sticky. Similar to aquaphor or Vaseline type glosses that seal moisture in. I find it less sticky than Smiths rosebud salve somehow, but maybe it's because I don't have to apply by dipping my fingers or lip brush into a pot or tin. No issues with the tube rupturing, but I don't have the slanted tipped tube. It's a regular squeeze tube. I also really like Palmers cocoa butter stick, but that is a totally different texture. more matte, closer in feel, but less gritty, than the more expensive citrus scented reve de miel.

About reviewer (517 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

5 years ago

expensive but useless, not moisturizing and the smell isnt even impressive.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

5 years ago

I've repurchased this, and I love it. The formula is not to greasy and slippery, but not to buttery. My lips have never dealt well with any form of petrolatum in the past, so when I bought this I was hesitant to try it, but the thought of my lips smelling like chocolate and peppermint won me over. The scent is spot on, it's a sweet peppermint with the right amount of dark chocolate. It doesn't taste like it, that's for sure, but I like the subtle tingle you get when you put it on. I've had friends ask what's that smell and when I tell them it's my lip balm they don't believe me! It's very moisturising. It's almost like a gel consistency. It spreads nicely, gives good moisture and also gives a nice subtle gloss. It's still no clear lip gloss, but somewhere in between. It's not like burts bees where it heals incredibly chapped lips though, it just keeps the lips moisturised, not heal them (If you try and apply it to incredibly chapped lips it'll just exaggerate them more). I also love that you can use it under lipstick, over lipstick, whatever takes your fancy. It's also a nice way to enhance your natural lip colour, while your lips get moisturised and glossy while smelling great all in one! My only problem is the packaging. I really like the applicator and I thought, hey, a squeeze tube is nice cause you can get all the product out right? With both my first and second tubes, it started to get lines where I'd squeeze them. I didn't think much of it, until when I went to squeeze out my lip balm and instead of seeing it come out of the lip applicator, there was a huge glob of it all over my hand. It gets really annoying, and means that i either have to throw it away when they get unbearable, or depotting it, which is annoying since it's a gel-like formula and not that nice to get on your hands. Other than that problem, the product itself is great and especially the smell!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Tan

HairBrown

5 years ago

One of the best lip balms/hydrators ever! Love how it not only heals and repairs dry lips but gives a glossy shine without feeling gooey or sticky and it freshens breath :) Like the slanted applicator, which is easy to clean and sanitize. My only beef is with the packaging: after 6-7 mths of use, the sides of the tube become cracked and the gloss squeezes out when applying and re-applying Otherwise, a definite beauty must-have. Pros: -Ingredients such as cocoa seed butter, vitamin E and peppermint -Glossy shine, does not look goopy -Great texture, not thick or greasy -Can be used alone or on top of a lipstick -Convenient, travel-friendly and easy-glide aplicator -Great price point Cons: -Just don't like how it cracks after "x" amount of uses

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I am a lip gloss junkie so I love just about every lip gloss unless it puts too much color on your lips (like lipstick). This stuff is wonderful if you love chocolate and peppermint (which I do). It is clear and not as sticky as some glosses. This is my favorite go to gloss.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Other

6 years ago

I absolutely adore this product, infact I have two. One that I keep in my handbag at all times and one on my bedside table, the smell is so devine, a cross between after eight mints and kendal mint cake, and it doesnt taste all too bad either for those moments when you forget your wearing anything and lick your lips. The consistency of this stuff is pretty thick and gloppy but goes on really smooth and glossy and has a lovely clear gloss look, and it keeps your lips really hydrated, i suffer from dry lips a lot and this always helps and makes them lovely and smooth again, I'll buy this again and again.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm