Trilogy Cream Cleanser

Trilogy Cream Cleanser

4.2

Aqua, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, Glycerin, Rosa Canina seed oil, Cetearyl olivate (and) sorbitan olivate, Cetearyl alcohol, Oenothera biennis seed oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Tocopheryl acetate, Aloe barbadenis leaf extract, Daucus carota sativa seed oil, Chamomilla recutita flower extract, Citrus auranitum amara flower oil, Xanthan gum, Citric acid, Dehydroacetic acid (and) benzyl alcohol, Rosmarinus officinalis leaf extract, Parfum, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool

on 2/10/2017 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: 32, sensitive and dry skin prone to redness.

What I like: Really lovely cream cleanser - feels so soft and comfortable to use. Cream formulations are my favorite to use in the shower after removing my makeup with a micellar water. This one leaves my skin feeling clean, moisturized and not irritated - although I wish they'd excluded the essential oils, these are listed at the very end of the ingredient listing and are likely to be in small amounts. I also enjoy the brown glass pump bottle packaging - its shower friendly and elegant. It's quite economical here in Australia, I can usually purchase on sale from Priceline or Chemist Warehouse. The 200ml size lasts me around 3 months with daily use.

What I don't like: I'm going to buy the Very Gentle version next as I prefer simple formulations without essential oils. If you want to travel with this product, you need to either buy the tube packaging (100ml) or decant into a plastic tub or container. Your eyes can get a little cloudy after use so you need to rinse really well but it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes.

Normal soap makes my skin very dry. I have tried many cleansers and this one is perfect for me :)

on 7/3/2016 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

What a wonderful product!

So, it isn't the best at removing heavy makeup, sunscreen etc. However, used as a second cleanse, it was wonderful.

- beautiful SCENT
- gorgeous TEXTURE
- little goes a long way
- leaves the skin feeling CLEAN and BALANCED
- didn't cause any breakouts or redness

If you are curious & want to try it. I recommend that you do. It really is just a lovely, nourishing product.

on 12/31/2015 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I received this cleanser as a gift with purchase in the former of a mini tube. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I've found other cleansers too harsh for my allergy prone skin. It is very gentle. My skin does not feel super tight after use. Instead it feels smooth and moisturized. I have not developed acne, irritation or dry patches since using this product.

The cleanser is a thin cream with a slight herby scent (a little like unrefined shea or avocado oil). You do not need to use a lot, which probably makes it quite cost-effective. I apply it to wet skin, then massage with a wet face cloth. I follow this with a layer of moisturiser once my skin is dry. I've found it quite effective for removing mineral makeup.

on 7/4/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought the Trilogy Cream Cleanser in the tube not the bottle. It seems to be moisturizng while you're cleansing your face. It's not too thick and not too thin in texture. Most of the time the smeell of this cleanser seems alright, natural and herbal but when my washcloth, or flannel, is still very warm from all of the hot water then the smell of the cleanser in the cloth takes on a slight smell of wet dog fur for some reason and I don't know why because that smell hasn't occured with other cream cleansers in the past! *shrugs shoulders*

I may buy the Trilogy cream cleanser for sensitive skin next time. I just can't find a cream cleanser that smell nice because the Super Facialist by Una Brennan Rose Hydrate cream cleanser has a great texture to it but it has a cloying, obnoxious or very strong and annoying rose scent. So I may have to find a cream cleanser that smells like nothing, something like the ones made for sensitive skin.

on 6/12/2014 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

A dependable cream cleanser. I have tested many green or organic cream cleansers (PAI, MV Organics, Mychelle, A'kin, Intelligent Nutrients, Madara etc) and I find Trilogy's cream cleanser to be a good affordable cleanser that works and will not make a big dent in your wallet.

It has a nice scent and a nice slightly thick consistency to it (i don't much like cream cleansers that have thin consistency) and my dry and sensitive skin does not react negatively to this at all. I use a muslin cloth with this every time I wash my face and it has made my skin very smooth and clean.

Took a lippie off because of the glass bottle. It is very nice aesthetically to look at on the top of my sink, but always in danger of breaking it not handled gently.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

UPDATE: As of 2014, this cleanser has been reformulated to remove alot of the nourishing Almond Oils and replace it with cheaper Glycerin, as well as add a concerning irritant to exend the product shelf like.

All of the glowing early reviews should be disregarded as they are for a different product than what you will receive today.

I thought this was supposed to be "natural" but the new Trilogy Cream cleanser contains the cheap synthetic form of Vitamin E, Tocopheryl Acetate, to extend the product shelf life. This ingredient is surrounded by dangerous issues like contamination with hydroquine, cancer, hypersensitivity to UV rays (more burning and wrinkles, anyone?). Shame on Trilogy for not using the natural form of Vitamin E which is readily available. I will provide a link on why this is such a problem and bad for your skin.

I have very sensitive skin and this gave me acne and inflamed and severely irritated my skin especially around my nose and mouth. I have now found out that Tocopheryl Acetate is the un-natural enemy against healthy skin. Its lurking in a huge % of beauty products - including this one - simply so companies can have a long shelf life. It has no benefit to the customer apart from the potential to give acne, contact dermatits, and even worse. One link I found to this largely un-known issue, here:

The peoples comments mirror the suffering of many of my friends and family to this ingredient.

Trilogy make a separate Very Gentle cream cleanser that is labelled for sensitive skin so in a way they are telling us THIS "cream cleanser" contains ingredients that will irritate sensitive skin. If you have very sensitive skin try the Very Gentle Cleansing Cream, or another brand that does NOT have Tocopheryl Acetate on the ingredients list.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my favourite cleanser ever! I have very sensitive skin that's prone to dryness, and this is the only cleanser I have found that doesn't irritate, make my skin red or dry me out. My face always feels refreshed and super clean after using it. It is pricey for a cleanser, but worth it to me for a product that works so well. The packaging is good (I like pump bottles for cleansers), the only downsides are that you can't travel with pump bottles and sometimes it's hard to get the last of it out.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I think I've found it...I have tried natural cleansers in the past (Ren, A'kin) but they still irritated my sensitive skin and contained too much fragrance to be deemed truly gentle. Trilogy Cleansing Cream, although lightly scented, does no such thing. My skin is hydrated and I no longer have red cheeks and stinging skin after cleansing. Cleansing should not be stressful for the skin! I should not have to calm my skin down after taking my makeup off at the end of the day!
I'd never had that much success with balm cleansers as they require too much rubbing and removing, which aggravates my rosacea. I love the lotion-like texture of this one and find that it removes makeup effectively. Eye makeup, as other users have mentioned, may require some more attention.
I read somewhere that this cleanser has half a bottle of rosehip oil in it? That has to be a good thing. Also, I just noticed that Trilogy have a Very Gentle Cleanser as well. I can't imagine the regular being any gentler but props to them for looking after those of us with delicate skin!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought a pack of five travel size Trilogy products and this was one of them. I loved it so much I bought the full size yesterday. I love the smell and the consistency. I massage it onto my damp face and neck, then remove it with a hot washcloth. It takes off my long-wear foundation very well and seems to make my face glow. I do have to use an eye make-up remover first, it's not effective at removing eye make-up! I follow it with the Trilogy Nutrient Plus firming serum and the Trilogy Vital Moisturizing cream, and my skin loves this. I don't have great skin but it's the best it's been for many years at the moment.