4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

So as I am using Differin on a regular basis and it’s now cold and dry where I live, I’ve decided to switch to a more gentle non-foaming facial cleanser. Because I wear sunblock and foundation, I always do a double-cleanse, first an oil, then this. I was surprised just how gentle and effective this is: although it’s non-foaming, it still does a great job to clean my skin, without leaving residue behind. I avoid washing cloths, as they can be irritating and can carry bacteria. Just massage this on to damp skin, then rinse. My skin is clean and although this is not the cheapest cream cleanser out there, you only need such a small amount for your face and neck, that I can see this lasting me probably through the whole winter. There is some fragrance in this, but nothing over the top or synthetic, so it doesn’t bother me. This is an awesome, gentle and effective cleanser.

About reviewer (880 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin and this is the best cleanser I have ever used. It doesn't irritate my skin or leave it dry. My skin feels soft and hydrated after using it. It doesn't create foam but it doesn't feel heavy or oily. I have been using this cleanser for the past 3 years, it's truly my HG cleanser. I have tried the very gentle cleanser and I liked it but it's a bit more hydrating, I think it is better suited for dry skin. This product deserves more hype!

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

2.0

3 years ago

Love the packaging, but that's about it. I used to use the Trilogy Very Gentle Cream cleanser, (which I LOVE) but thought this would be more economical. It has a different texture than the Very Gentle, this one doesn't feel clean when rinsing away, and slightly irritated my skin which made me break out about 4 days after starting to use. I ended up giving it to my boyfriend, who loves the smell and texture, but has really un-sensitive skin. My skin is sensitive and this triggered breakouts, thought it would be similar to the other trilogy cleanser but I was wrong.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Me: 32, sensitive and dry skin prone to redness. What I like: Really lovely cream cleanser - feels so soft and comfortable to use. Cream formulations are my favorite to use in the shower after removing my makeup with a micellar water. This one leaves my skin feeling clean, moisturized and not irritated - although I wish they'd excluded the essential oils, these are listed at the very end of the ingredient listing and are likely to be in small amounts. I also enjoy the brown glass pump bottle packaging - its shower friendly and elegant. It's quite economical here in Australia, I can usually purchase on sale from Priceline or Chemist Warehouse. The 200ml size lasts me around 3 months with daily use. What I don't like: I'm going to buy the Very Gentle version next as I prefer simple formulations without essential oils. If you want to travel with this product, you need to either buy the tube packaging (100ml) or decant into a plastic tub or container. Your eyes can get a little cloudy after use so you need to rinse really well but it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Normal soap makes my skin very dry. I have tried many cleansers and this one is perfect for me :)

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesOther

4 years ago

What a wonderful product! So, it isn't the best at removing heavy makeup, sunscreen etc. However, used as a second cleanse, it was wonderful. - beautiful SCENT - gorgeous TEXTURE - little goes a long way - leaves the skin feeling CLEAN and BALANCED - didn't cause any breakouts or redness If you are curious & want to try it. I recommend that you do. It really is just a lovely, nourishing product.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I received this cleanser as a gift with purchase in the former of a mini tube. I was pleasantly surprised by it. I've found other cleansers too harsh for my allergy prone skin. It is very gentle. My skin does not feel super tight after use. Instead it feels smooth and moisturized. I have not developed acne, irritation or dry patches since using this product. The cleanser is a thin cream with a slight herby scent (a little like unrefined shea or avocado oil). You do not need to use a lot, which probably makes it quite cost-effective. I apply it to wet skin, then massage with a wet face cloth. I follow this with a layer of moisturiser once my skin is dry. I've found it quite effective for removing mineral makeup.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

6 years ago

I bought the Trilogy Cream Cleanser in the tube not the bottle. It seems to be moisturizng while you're cleansing your face. It's not too thick and not too thin in texture. Most of the time the smeell of this cleanser seems alright, natural and herbal but when my washcloth, or flannel, is still very warm from all of the hot water then the smell of the cleanser in the cloth takes on a slight smell of wet dog fur for some reason and I don't know why because that smell hasn't occured with other cream cleansers in the past! *shrugs shoulders* I may buy the Trilogy cream cleanser for sensitive skin next time. I just can't find a cream cleanser that smell nice because the Super Facialist by Una Brennan Rose Hydrate cream cleanser has a great texture to it but it has a cloying, obnoxious or very strong and annoying rose scent. So I may have to find a cream cleanser that smells like nothing, something like the ones made for sensitive skin.

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesBlack

6 years ago

A dependable cream cleanser. I have tested many green or organic cream cleansers (PAI, MV Organics, Mychelle, A'kin, Intelligent Nutrients, Madara etc) and I find Trilogy's cream cleanser to be a good affordable cleanser that works and will not make a big dent in your wallet. It has a nice scent and a nice slightly thick consistency to it (i don't much like cream cleansers that have thin consistency) and my dry and sensitive skin does not react negatively to this at all. I use a muslin cloth with this every time I wash my face and it has made my skin very smooth and clean. Took a lippie off because of the glass bottle. It is very nice aesthetically to look at on the top of my sink, but always in danger of breaking it not handled gently.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

6 years ago

UPDATE: As of 2014, this cleanser has been reformulated to remove alot of the nourishing Almond Oils and replace it with cheaper Glycerin, as well as add a concerning irritant to exend the product shelf like. All of the glowing early reviews should be disregarded as they are for a different product than what you will receive today. I thought this was supposed to be "natural" but the new Trilogy Cream cleanser contains the cheap synthetic form of Vitamin E, Tocopheryl Acetate, to extend the product shelf life. This ingredient is surrounded by dangerous issues like contamination with hydroquine, cancer, hypersensitivity to UV rays (more burning and wrinkles, anyone?). Shame on Trilogy for not using the natural form of Vitamin E which is readily available. I will provide a link on why this is such a problem and bad for your skin. I have very sensitive skin and this gave me acne and inflamed and severely irritated my skin especially around my nose and mouth. I have now found out that Tocopheryl Acetate is the un-natural enemy against healthy skin. Its lurking in a huge % of beauty products - including this one - simply so companies can have a long shelf life. It has no benefit to the customer apart from the potential to give acne, contact dermatits, and even worse. One link I found to this largely un-known issue, here: http://www.annmariegianni.com/ingredient-watch-list-tocopheryl-acetate-the-potentially-irritating-form-of-vitamin-e/ The peoples comments mirror the suffering of many of my friends and family to this ingredient. Trilogy make a separate Very Gentle cream cleanser that is labelled for sensitive skin so in a way they are telling us THIS "cream cleanser" contains ingredients that will irritate sensitive skin. If you have very sensitive skin try the Very Gentle Cleansing Cream, or another brand that does NOT have Tocopheryl Acetate on the ingredients list.

About reviewer (1216 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm