Moschino Funny!

Moschino Funny!

4.2

----- EDT NATURAL SPRAY (79 Vol): Alcohol Denat (SD Alcohol 39-C), Parfum (Fragrance), Aqua (Water), Cinnamal, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool. ------ PERFUMED BODY GEL: Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trideceth-9, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Menthyl Lactate, Aloe Barbadenis Gel, Phenyoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Methyparaben, Ethylparaben, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Orange peels, green tea, and light pink peppery musk. This sunny, bright, juicy fragrance reminds me of youthful holidays where everyone's a winner! It has a Unisex cologne feel at the same time as being feminine and girly. Long lasting, around 5 - 6 hours on me. I also brought the matching body gel to pop it in my handbag as a moisturising hand sanitiser (its mostly alcohol and Aloe Vera). The scent of the body gel is just as lovely and long lasting as the fragrance, is convenient for travel, and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Other fresh citrus/green tea fragrances in the same style:

- Bulgari "Au The Vert" (Green Tea in French). Funny! is a sweeter green tea and more girly with its orange splash and lighter musk. Au The Vert is Unisex but more Masculine with its musky base.

- Moschino "Cheap n Chic I Love Love", Anna Sui's "Dolly Girl on the Beach". Both use a sharp grapefruit instead of the sweet orange/green tea in Funny!

- Elizabeth Arden "Green Tea". But Green Tea smells like harsh rotting bug spray (to me and Funny! smells smoother/more expensive.

- Dolce & Gabbana "D&G Light Blue". Funny! is longer lasting and more feminine with its sweeter, juicy orange/green tea. Light Blue is more masculine with bitter/woody apple/cedar.

- Versace Yellow Diamond. Yellow Diamond has sharper grapefruit-lemons with tropical florals and musk, Funny! has sweeter juicy oranges.

Top Notes - Bitter Orange, Pink Pepper, Redcurrant
Heart Notes - Green Tea, Jasmine, Peony, Violet
Base Notes - Cedarwood, Amber, Moss Musk

on 3/9/2016 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This scent is reminiscent of D&G's Light blue. It also smells similar to Versace Yellow Diamond. This is a crisp citrus scent (mostly lemon). But I think there is a synthetic and lingering tone to it. Almost like spoiled fruit. The staying power is ok.

The scent doesn't seem to have many layers to it. Unlike its similar counterparts mentioned earlier, something about this just doesn't hit the mark.

Gorgeous, fun, sparkling citrus tea---with a softness and sweetness and ---dare I say it? Cozyness that a lot of citrusy tea scents just don't have. It lacks the sharpness you'd think it would have based on the strongest notes. This truly is a happy, effervescent, fun scent. As with most citrus scents, the top notes fade fairly quickly and sillage isn't stellar---but longevity was actually 5+ hours---just at mostly a skin scent. The musk and amber make up the cozy portion of the scent and overall I think this one is really a winner. I have heard it's getting harder to find, but it's very much a spring/summer wardrobe staple!
(crosspost)

on 2/22/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm totally indifferent about moschino Funny!
But that's just my taste. Oranges + tea + cedar...
Yeah, nice, quite tame natural and inoffensive / refreshing but it does not evoke a single emotion.
It's more unisex than feminine IMHO with moderate silage and good longevity.

on 11/21/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hands down my favourite perfume. It has a great sweet citrus scent that is grapefruit dominated without being overpowering. The name is perfect, I feel good and have to smile as soon as I get a whiff of this, just makes you feel happy and alive! Its very vibrant and fresh and great as an everyday scent. I wish it had better staying power however.

on 8/27/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

loooove the scent! :)

on 7/15/2012 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like uplifting, fruity scents for summer. This is lovely and fits that bill though I've only sampled it and don't own it at this time. Its sweet yet not cloying which I often find any scent with pineapple to have. I dread the pina colada bent many have. This is nothing like that. It does smell of pineapple as others have said, but in a more grown up way. Ironic I should write that when I just saw a review that read this is "not for old women." I'm not an "old woman," with any luck though I'm headed for such a fate myself (old woman-hood that is) and so are you if you're female too. I know some have addressed the ignorant, "smells like old lady" remarks in various scent reviews, and now and on other reviews we are informed a scent is "not for old ladies." If someone intends to say a scent seems geared toward a "younger" type of woman, while another seems more "mature", fine. There are respectful ways to say most things. There are also ways that make a reader think its better for a reviewer not to post and have ignorance on a subject kept a secret (hopefully), than to review and remove all doubt.

on 5/7/2012 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Funny! by Moschino is the perfect scent for those hot spring/summer days. It's very citrusy, green and pleasant, not heavy at all.
Its lasting power is average, considering that it's an EDT. I think Funny! is a nicer alternative to Light Blue by D&G which became so common and blah.
Yes, I will repurchase, it's a clean summer scent.

I loved Love, Love by Moschino but decided to try Funny! simply for its cute packaging. The smell is very floral, hip, and fresh. The only problem is its weak staying power. By the end of the day, I can barely smell it on myself.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, what a surprise this product is. I found it in my sister's bedroom when she moved out and left it behind. It was 90% full so I started using it for a good work/evening scent and I fell in love! Out of the 3 or 4 fragrances I own right now, this is the one I find myself reaching for the most. Would have never guessed with the tacky packaging and ridiculous name of this perfume.
It's bold, rich, slightly musky and just overall spicy and wonderful. The dry down is a little sweeter, but still maintains that rich spicy aroma. The lasting power is definitely nothing special, only a few hours but I'm still impressed by this perfume.

Popular Fragrances