3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

I must be on my third or fourth tin. This is a really practical, pretty, lightweight petroleum balm. It doesn’t stay on too long but there’s so much product it will still last you for years. I love the old school packaging and scent, although the tin can be hard to open. If you leave this balm in a warm car or similar situation, the balm will melt easily and when it cools down it may be all over the inside of the lid, making it difficult and messy to open. The easiest fix for this (BE CAREFUL) is to place the unopened tin on a heating element of some sort at the LOWEST setting. Leave it for maybe 5-10 minutes then turn off the heat and leave the metal tin to cool off. This will not only remelt the balm and cause it to flow to the bottom of the tin, cleaning up the mess and making it usable again, but it will also relevel it, giving you a new looking surface just a little less than full. You will not lose any product at all with this method.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

1.0

9 months ago

I really wanted to like this balm, but every time I was using it I got small pimples around my lips. Probably too oily for my skin type.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 months ago

I have kept the same tin of Smiths Rosebud Salve in Rose and Mandarin next to my bed for over five years and I am now only seeing the bottom of the tin. I use it every night before bed, and my lips are never chapped. The tin is pretty and retro, and looks nice sitting there next to my lamp. Happy face.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

a year ago

A really nice petroleum-jelly based balm. Has a nice rose scent. The only issue I have is the jar package but they do offer a tube which is really great! I agree with previous reviewer that the Strawberry version is much better than this one - it has a thicker texture and has lanolin as the second ingredient which actually helps heal your lips.. Also smells better.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I NEVER leave the house without this!! Gives my lipstick a pop and keeps my lips soft ????

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

from

a year ago

This product may be a bit more expensive than other lip balms but one tin has lasted me YEARS. In addition to moisturizing my lips, it adds a very subtle pink tint on my lips. Plus, I like that it is cruelty-free and I also believe that is vegan-friendly. The only reason why I wouldn't give it 5 stars is that it is not appropriate for cold weather as it moisturizes very lightly.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

a year ago

my favorite lip balm ever. the consistency is a lot like vaseline, but it’s much more lightweight. you get a lot of product for such a low price the scent and packaging are everything. it also adds a really pretty tint on your lips 10/10 recommend

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

from

a year ago

Like many others I've tried dozens of lip balms and this is by far my favorite. I didnt believe the hype at first but I have very dry lips and this works instantly. I love the smell, the packaging, and the slight gloss it leaves on the lips. Its super hydrating and worth every penny.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrunette

3.0

2 years ago

Nothing special here -- it does a decent job at sealing in moisture, but you'd get the same results from using plain vaseline for way cheaper, plus then you wouldn't have to deal with Eau de Grandma. I've tried all three popular Smith's balms and this is how I rank them against each other: 1. Strawberry: unnoticeable color, tolerable scent, best/firmest texture, best formula by a mile thanks to lanolin and beeswax. Love it. 2. Original/Rosebud: unnoticeable color, worst scent, runny texture, mediocre formula. Eh. 3. Minted rose: good color BUT bad scent, runny texture and worst formula My advice: go with the strawberry. Lanolin is bae.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

What took me so long to buy this product?! Back in middle school, when Gossip Girl was all the rage, so was this salve. This product was featured on every HG list on every magazine. Fast forward a few years later, I just tossed this into my cart at checkout. I don't regret it. The texture is jelly-like (but also somehow oily?!) and it's so emollient but slick on the lips. It really hydrates and seals in moisture for quite a long time. I could also see this being used to moisturizer cuticles, cracked heels, and all sorts of things. There's also a gentle rose scent, and it hydrates SO well that it lifts dead skin - definitely recommend this if you want gentle lip exfoliation too! EDIT: I suffered an allergic reaction on my skin and spread some salve on where it started to blister - this helped soothe the irritation and itchiness and keep the area from drying out. Definitely love how this is multi-purpose!

About reviewer (194 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral