Fyrinnae Loose Eyeshadow in Platinum

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my all-time favorite shadows in any format from any company, and it eternally haunts me that it was discontinued. I keep looking for a dupe, but there are none to be found out there in the wide world of makeup. It is a pretty cool gold, or a warm silver, depending on how you look at it. It has a nice amount of shimmer, but it isn't over the top. It is a great neutral, and I use it only on special occasions now because it is so precious to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The only reason I won't repurchase this is because it's discontinued. You really need the pixie epoxy for this one.

on 3/15/2011 9:41:00 PM

One of my favs next to Equality and Atomicafterglow. Its a great shimmery taupe and it looks good on its own, even without pixie epoxy. I got the full size right away cause I knew this would be one I reach for often. ya did good fyrinnae...y'did good.

on 5/13/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this. It's my new favorite taupe. I'm NW15, BTW

When I first received this and swatched it on my hand, I thought I wouldn't get much use out of it - it's glittery. But I use it as a wash of colour over my whole eye with NO primer and it's so pretty. That's all I need - no liner or any other colours. A pretty, low maintenance look. And without the primer, it goes on light and doesn't appear sparkly. It's like a warm grey. Super multi-dimensional. I will never be without this. Will update if I bother to try it with primer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Platinum is a really pretty taupey-platinum metallic shimmer. I do get a good amount of fallout with this product, but that's my only serious criticism. I have tons of pressed eyeshadows, but I don't have anything remotely like this. The finish is very pretty. It is somewhat sheer on the first application, but you can build it up or use it wet for more oomph.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I already ordered this product in full size after using my sample only a few times. It's gorgeous. It's somewhere in the light to medium depth range, a silvery brown-taupe-griege with gold and silver shimmers/sparkles. It's very sparkly/shimmery but not garish looking. I love it as both a lid and a highlight color. Today I did a great medium smoky eye with it on the lid and Steampunk in the crease and Lancome Gris Noir liner. With most mineral e/s, you need a base; I used Fyrinnae silken e/s base, and I ever so slighty dampened my e/s brush with MAC Mixing Medium, squeeze to remove any extra wetness, then dipped brush into the pigment powder and patted/flattened the brush on the lid of the pot and then patted onto my eyelid. You cannot rub or "swish" these on. You must gently pat on for best effect. Color is intense and very beautiful. I don't see this color looking bad on almost anyone - extremely versatile. I love it! Lasting power is good to great if you use the proper base.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Most favorite eye shadow, ever.
This is exactly as Fyrinnae describes it... not quite gold, not quite silver but somewhere in between. Gorgeous on it's own, or used with other colors. Get tons of compliments on this one. It's one of those colors that you can just throw on last minute and have it look great. Lots of shimmer, not not overly glittery or out there.

*Click "Continued" to view the pictures in this review*

Platinum is described on Fyrinnae's website as "Not silver, not gold, but somewhere in between, with more depth and the slightest hint of pink. Try this if you like Newcastle." This is such a gorgeous, flattering neutral that could work on nearly any skintone. It sparkles and shimmers and glows without being frosty or glittery and the texture is incredibly smooth. It works equally well wet or dry and can be paired with just about anything. This is my go-to color for any and every occassion, what I reach for when I can't decide on what to use. It can be worn alone, used in smoky eyes, used to offset bright colors. It can be paired with warm, cool, and neutral alike. One of my favorite combos is a smoky eye done with Platinum, Fire Opal, and Snow White.

(I accidently typoed "Lepard" instead of "Leopard" in the swatches, ignore that)

continued >>

on 6/7/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like with all Fyrinnae shadows, this is a loose powder, so you need to know that going in. I press them, because I'm a klutz and tend to spill everywhere. This is a very unique shade. I don't even know exactly how I would describe it. It's beautiful and I suggest it to everyone who asks me about Fyrinnae.

Pressed: