Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash
Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 8/13/2017 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Things I don't like about this product:
1) it's impossible to get anything out of the bottle. I pour it in a different bottle and use that instead. This in itself is unforgivable considering I spend 27 euro on it.

2) it makes my face oily, even when using twice a week.

3) it's very expensive considering it doesn't do anything that another product won't do as well.

4) it smells like glue.

Conclusion: not even sure whether I will use up this bottle at all.

on 8/9/2017 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product has recently been reformulated and IMHO wrecked. I've used it for years and years as my regular daily cleanser (obviously, my skin is the opposite of sensitive). Now it is a pain to use. The reformulated product is so thick that I can't squeeze it out through the top no matter how hard I try. So, every day, I take the top off and slap the open bottle against the palm of my hand quickly and hard 50 or 60 times -- seriously, not kidding. Then a big blob plops out and I scoop most of it back into the bottle. Arrgh. I haven't noticed it performing any better, certainly not enough to make up for the aggravation. Ill use up this bottle and move on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitive skin with rosacea (dry cheeks in winter/normal in summer), and this was not a winner. At first this was ok, my skin felt tight after using it but it also felt very clean and fresh. I used heavier moisturizer to compensate.

After two weeks or so, my face was super itchy, and I developed a red, spotty rash on areas of my face not normally affected by rosacea as well as raw patches on my cheeks. I threw the rest away.

on 5/22/2017 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The exfoliating beads in this are super tiny! Smaller than in any other exfoliating wash/scrub I have ever tried. I love how gentle and effective this is. Leaves my skin feeling soft but not overly dry, removes my flakes without increasing redness. I don't use this daily just once a week or so in place of my regular morning face wash (olay) to keep my skin flake free. I like that I don't need an extra step with this. I was using Andalou Naturals scrub which is also wonderful but I am lazy and don't like using my regular face wash then using another product after, I already have too many steps in skincare. Would repurchase.

on 1/24/2017 12:36:00 AM

This product is so runny I don't even wet my face first! It is a sham. Smells like chemicals also.

on 10/7/2016 2:33:00 PM

Sorry things that smells... STRANGE like chemical doesn't ever make me wanna come back to buy it again

ALTHOUGH! I am NOT returning it because I really do like the micro exfoliating beads or what not that is in this product because it seriously is micro. and doesn't feel like beads.

Its pricey compared to other products I also enjoy

on 5/4/2016 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

all time favourite cleanser

I fell in love with this product when I first use it! I've been searching high and low for an exfoliator and I came across with this product when I was browsing on the Sephora website. I got it because it has tons of amazing reviews which I had to agree with, plus the price is still on the reasonable side. The micro beads was perfect for a medium exfoliation but at the same time it's pretty gentle on the skin unlike some exfoliators out there that are either too harsh or too gentle(does nothing) for my skin. This was the epitome of my best exfoliating product as I've tried plenty and trust me, this shit was good.... until that one day when I tried using it and the only thing that came out from the bottle was just the liquid. I don't know how to explain this but I mean every exfoliators has like the cleanser/liquid along with the beads. BUT THE BEADS DISAPPEARED?!? I honestly have no idea what happened. Maybe it dissolved? Melted? which is kinda unlikely since I left it in my bathroom and not under the sun or anywhere hot. So yeah, it's still a great product no doubt until the beads...idk magically disappeared. Maybe it just happened that I got a crappy product or it's just my life and oh fyi I'm still using it (as a cleanser instead of an exfoliator)

This face wash was the first product I've tried from Philosophy and I THOUGHT it was HG to me since it slightly diminished my closed comedones, but I soon realized after maybe 6 months of using it that the granules were irritating my skin! I don't have very sensitive skin, but if I use this everyday, my skin would become more red and irritated. Therefore, I've only been using this weekly as an exfoliator, not as a daily cleanser. Just beware of irritation!

on 7/16/2016 1:41:00 PM

I fell in love with this product first time I used it. I now use it every day or every other day, depending on how my skin feels. I have a calm skin and don't have any acne, just some small bumps on my forehead and large pores around my nose. This exfoliater makes my skin smooth and I haven't had any bad break out since I've started using it (for 1,5 year now). I love it and would recommend it to anyone.