Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash
Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial WashThe Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have been buying this for years and was very happy with it! However, when I repurchased it, I was extremely disappointed to find that the formula had been changed! Why? I don't understand companies who change the formulas of products that have been beloved by consumers for years!

Problems:
It will not come out of the bottle!
It is thick and sticky and the consistency of Elmers!! By the time I get it out of the bottle and thin enough to put on my face, the grains have all gone down the drain!!

I will not repurchase this! Find a dupe ladies! Don't pay $25.00 for a bottle of glue and put it on your face …. Just sayin

on 8/11/2018 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've been looking for a scrub just like this for years. I've never once liked a Philosophy brand product before. Typically I find them highly irritating, highly fragranced, overpriced, and generally lacking in good ingredients. Ulta had this on sale and I finally tried the in store tester. I have been on the hunt for a gentle, yet effective face scrub. Chemical exfoliators have always left me dry, broken out, or overall seeing no results, so I stick to actual physical exfoliation. I don't want something harsh like st. Ives apricot scrub, but I want something more than the soft micro bead type exfoliators. I tend to get some dry skin on certain areas that needs to be sloughed off, I want to have my skin feel soft and smooth, and I need to have a scrub help remove any last bits of dirt or buildup on the skin. That all being said, I don't want stripped skin or anything that is damaging my skin. The amount of grit in this is great. The fact that it's such a fine scrub, yet I don't need more than a dime size amount to do my face is great. Overall I'm impressed. I could do without the fragrance, but since it doesn't linger on my skin and it's a citrus scent, I'm not bothered or irritated by it. I've found I can use daily if I want, but that my nose area gets slightly irritated and dry around my nostrils and I need to moisturize extra. Using every other day seems to be a great option and I'm enjoying the results. I'm hopeful adding this to my routine will help me fade a couple minor acne scars I have beyond my normal washing and spf routine. I've seen smoother skin on my chin area and forehead area so far. I went ahead and bought more during the bogo sale philosophy had on their website last week. With how little I use I think I'll be set for a couple years with the three 16oz bottles I have. I recommend trying if you are looking for a gritty, effective scrub.

I used this stuff for years, and although I never reviewed it before, I would have rated it 5 stars. It was the finest, most gentle, but effective physical exfoliant I've every used. Easy to squeeze out of the bottle, lovely consistency, a pleasure to use, and left my skin feeling silky without the slightest irritation. Recently I got a new bottle... and it is beyond horrible. Clearly a new formula - it's thick and gluey, difficult to squeeze out of the bottle, oddly scented, and gritty - but at the same time, it's like the ratio of grit to glue is very low: lots of glue with the occasional scratchy bit mixed in. I can't use it on my face anymore, so I'm gradually using it up in the shower, since my arms and legs don't seem to mind the scratchy bits of whatever's in there now. it's not super easy to rinse off, though, and any residue will leave me with a rash. As I'm writing this I'm wondering why I haven't just chucked it. So disappointed in Philosophy for ruining a perfect product. Wish I'd known in time to stockpile the old product.

on 6/27/2018 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I use this product twice a day. Once in the morning and in the evening. Because I wear makeup everyday it is important that my pores are free and clear especially since I have oily skin. I began using this product about 6 months ago as I felt the need to exfoliate everyday but needed something that was gentle on the skin. This fit the bill perfectly. My skin is super clean after using this, my pores have shrank, and it also controls my natural oils. My skin is so smooth now and I find myself able to wear any foundation which wasn't the case prior to using this product. The only downside to this product is the bottle...there should have been a pump however it is thick so a pump may not be practical. its a thick jelly like consistency and I've used the same bottle for the last 6 months. A little goes along way. Highly recommend.

on 6/9/2018 2:59:00 PM

Do not scrub your eyebrows with this product! Upon my second wash I decided to use it on my entire face including eyebrows. The second I “gently” scrubbed my eyebrow it took half of it off!!!!!!! I love the product but keep it away from eyebrows!!!!

A Ulta worker had recommended this facial wash to me and since the day I have bought it, I’ve have only used it TWICE, my neck has broken out into a rashfest EACH TIME! I feel miserable! There’s barely any grit in this facial wash. I’m returning this ASAP.

Please don’t buy this if you have normal skin condition.

on 3/11/2018 6:37:00 PM

I have been using this physical exfoliant once daily on my combination, sensitive skin. It might be too much in winter and I probably should cut back to every other day. But I have very dry skin in winter (Canada) which lasts 5 months. And this daily exfoliation is the only way to keep the flakes at bay. Apart from exfoliating, it also cleans fairly well and leaves my skin feeling clean. I started ordering the 1L bottle from Nordstrom since I was going through the regular size every month. I wish it was cheaper but haven't found anything that works as well.

on 2/10/2018 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan! Ok for daily use if you have dry/normal skin but for oily I prefer more grains/nuts exfoliating. I do like the pore extractor mask though.

on 11/4/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is my HG exfoliator. I use it every other day and it keeps my skin smooth and soft and free of dry patches. I've been using it and loving it for years. Recently when I went to buy a bottle of it during the Sephora 20% off sale I noticed that they've changed the formula slightly - so I immediately went to eBay and bought a giant bottle of the old formula because if it ain't broke I'm not gonna fix it if I can avoid it. I love the sandy feel of this scrub, I love how easily it rinses clean, and I love the way it makes my skin look and feel. It never irritates my skin and nothing makes my skin glow like it does. The only thing I would change at all about this scrub is that I would make it smell better. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't smell bad at all. It just doesn't smell delicious. I'm not sure what they changed about the new formula but I'm sure I'll find out when my giant bottle runs out :(

on 10/17/2017 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Purchased when ULTA had a great sale on this wash. This is not a wash for sensitive skin. This is a tad gritty. I only used it once a week, twice tops. I find the formula also to be a little thick. Hate that there is no pump, but with the thicker consistency and grit, I am uncertain if a pump would even work with this product. I ended up designating it for use in the shower for my body, too harsh on my face.