3.9

Reviews

1.0
from

9 months ago

Please read the ingredients in these pads before you buy them. I didn't. They have caused irritation and breakouts from the first night of use. I'm only on day 5 and only now have read what's actually in them. First ingredient: Denatured alcohol (SD Alcohol 40-B) - a known skin irritant. Third ingredient is Witch Hazel which I know from using in the past causes my skin to flare up. If your skin loves alcohol and strong astringents, go for it. I can't believe I bought these based on hype without doing my research first. Lesson learned.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Love these. The pads give a nice boost of radiance to my face and also help with refining pores and taking care of rough patches, as well as the odd blemish that appears every month. I also find that whatever moisturizer or serum I apply later seems to sink in and absorb much better and makeup glides on more effortlessly. Definitely prefer these over the PTR ones. Now although this is potent - it contains various AHA's, I don't find it harsh which is most likely because it also has soothing ingredients in such as Chamomile to counteract the harshness of the acids. Ingredients-wise it's a winner imo: you have Vit A, C and E. The 2nd pad also has fantastic ingredients including multiple forms of Vit A and Vit C. Talk about a boost for the skin!! Granted it stung for the first few times I used it and I'd end up with small red patches, but I no longer experience that. The only reason I haven't give 5 lippies is because the high alcohol content dries my skin out and I can no loner use a light moisturizer, having to head out to find something a bit richer... Pricey but worth it! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

I absolutely love these. I got these for my acne scarring and texture issues; within a week I saw an amazing transformation of my skin!!! Even my boyfriend commented on how great my skin looks now. I have been using them everyday for almost a month with the Kate Somerville D-Scar Serum and my scarring in some places is completely gone. My skin is glowing and just overall LOOKS better. I have also noticed that if my pores get clogged it’s now so much easier to get the gunk out of them (I know it sounds weird, but it’s true). I will be using these pads for the rest of my life. ????????

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

1.0
from

2 years ago

I had a beautiful glow on my face three days after using this product. On the 7th day i started noticing a very weird sensation in my nasal area and my face(particularly the cheeks and the forehead) felt really congested, if that makes any sense. I stopped using this product immediately. After a week things got worse, my nasal lining and cheeka were inflammed and my eyes were swollen. After visiting the dermatologist and my normal routine doctor I discovered that this product had formed a cavity in my sinuses. It took 4 months and a gazillions medicines to get rid of all the inflammation and the infection . I do not recommend this product to anyone with sensitive or normal skin!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

This worked well for my skin when it went haywire with breakouts and acne. it has helped clear my skin but made it dry and unhappy also.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesBlack

3.0

2 years ago

I just started to use these a few nights ago and my face looked great!! After my 4th night my chin had a lot of minor acne not sure if I should continue to use is this the purging? If I use I don’t think I’ll use on my chin or I may return for something else. My face is more on oily side so maybe I need an acne treatment by Gross or Peter Thomas Roth too bad I thought these would be good.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

2.0

2 years ago

Ive been using this product on and off for the last couple of weeks and it's really caused me to breakout unfortunately. I'm not someone that usually suffers with breakouts so had used this product more for the claims that it minimised pores and have a glow to tired skin, however it's made my skin worse off than when I started. It even brought back a red rosacea type rash on my cheek that I had a few years back. I'm surprised it gets so many great write ups and am thinking maybe it's just not right for my dry/combination skin. A shame but as it's so pricey maybe it's a blessing in disguise!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

3 years ago

I've used these for over half a year. These are fantastic!!!! I'm on Retin-A and my skin gets gets flaky. I use these only at night after cleansing then I allow my skin to dry after before putting on Retin-A. I use these every night but I slowly progressed to that after several weeks of increasing the number of nights. I rarely get cystic acne anymore because with Retin-A alone I still was. I guess from all the flaky skin was clogging my pores. Now I rarely break out except with occasional one cyst close to my period. Just remember to follow the directions and let sit 2 minutes before step 2 to let it work. It's also fading past acne scars and helping heal deep purple marks from a couple old cysts breakouts from a sunscreen I tried. I just bought the extra strength and hope I like them just as much and they help fade my melasma.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Love them I do these 3 times a week, gets rid of my blemishes and helps fade redness left don't any. My skin glows. Sometimes it does really sting but they are Chemical peel lol will use them for a long time

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

I love love love this peel!!! I cut the pads in half so they can be used over 2 days but these are little miracle workers. I had messed my skin up pretty bad and was an oily broken out mess when I decided to give these a try. I accidentally did step 2 first the step 1 and wow this was life changing!!!! My skin is seriously flawless in 2 weeks with zero irritation. I will never not have these close by. My holy trail!!

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium