4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I bought this in one of the new colors in Intense Maple (#17). I had been wanting to test these for a while and I had a special offer. This is a nicer color of my natural lips so makes a good quick lip balm for during the day when I can't be hassled to correctly reapply my lip color. Nothing bad to say about it, it's fool proof. I love product so the only reason that I may not re-purchase is simply because there are other products/brands that I would like to try.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

6 months ago

I never thought I'd love an expensive lip gloss so much! I've been using NYX butter gloss for years, but then I tried this and I love it so much more. I hate the applicator though! I have the shade 05 Candy Shimmer and it's so pretty over a nude lip pencil or by itself. It makes my lips feel soft, which the NYX gloss doesn't do. It also smells lovely. It's very expensive in New Zealand but I'm hooked, I think!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

I absolutely love this gloss because it is moisturizing without being sticky. I have it in shade 01, which is a translucent shimmery pink. The scent is also quite pleasant, somewhat like a light caramel fragrance. It does not smell "foody" though. I think I would like to try another shade in this product range, perhaps one of their deeper colors, like plum.

About reviewer (104 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0
from

a year ago

I bought this in the lightest shade after seeing an online blogger recommend it. Pros: Cute tube, lovely sponge tip, sweet smell and taste, softens lips. Cons: Lipglossy texture (can be heavy), applying more than one layer makes the product colour look almost white which is rather unflattering, and the tube gets easily crushed and squeezed in a bag or pockets which means the product oozes out into the cap - when you open it there's a lot of product in the cap that you can't really use. Personally I prefer a more water-y/slide-y texture to my lipgloss, and perhaps a less light colour, and probably in a hard case so I don't lose so much product. I may try the Clarins Lip Balms next. Oh, also, it does seem to moisturise nicely while wearing, but when it comes off, lips are dry and peeling. So yeah, probably more a cosmetic temporary gloss for appearance rather than treating or improving anything on an ongoing basis.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

a year ago

Quite pricey for what it is, but this is a keeper! I have these in 'Apricot' and 'Nude' shimmer, both of which provide a subtle and sheer tint, smell delicious and fruity. There's also a hint of vanilla which I've noticed on the one or two times I've accidentally licked my lips, it isn't one of those that tastes bad, although the formulation is still on the chemical-y side so wouldn't want to be making a habit of tasting this! It's also light, non-sticky and stays on for a good several hours, during which time my lips remain moisturized and supple as a bonus! Have also used after a lipstick and finds it adds more color plus hydration which is great as I find most lippies to be drying when used alone. If you're looking for a natural touch of color on your lips, without it looking too obvious then try this! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Ingrown Hair Treatment - 'Priva Shave' - Post Hair Removal Treatment 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (566 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

This is a really nice moisturizing lip balm. I have it in Apricot Shimmer and it’s a light milky peach colour with a faint fruity smell. I really like the texture- it’s not sticky and has a texture similar to MAC creamsheen glosses but this is much more moisturizing. I like the felt tip applicator and the squeeze tube is nice and slim to fit in your purse or pocket.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0

2 years ago

This product is supposed to be moisturizing. I’ve given it a few chances to prove itself, but I’m disappointed. When you first apply it, you get a tint of colour with a lip gloss sticky feel. After a full day of wearing this and taking it off, I am expecting my regular lip moisture level, or even a bit more since this is supposed to be moisturizing. However, my lips are unveiled to be a DRY, PEELING mess. I have to rescue my lips from this demon of a product with a heavy layer of moisturizer overnight. I live in Canada and tried this during the winter. It’s definitely not up to Canadian winter standards.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3.0

2 years ago

I bought this for moisturization, not colour - it just seemed very similar in texture to my favorite (discontinued) lipbalm. It's pretty good at moisturizing the lips, unless it's cold outside. Mine were quite chapped before I began using this, but it fixed them in a few days. The texture is almost not sticky and not too oily either. I have sensitive lips, and this does absolutely not irritate them The thing that is not so positive is that I have this in 05, and it doesn't flatter my fair olive skin - the peachy color just brings out the green tones more. Later, I bought 06, and it looks awesome - very naturally nude, for days you don't want to wear pink! This is moisturizing, but only in summer - it's a little lacking for the climate I usually live in. However, the main reason for this rating is: I really dislike the applicator. I used up one of these glosses, but had to toss the other one when I had about 1/4 still left, because the applicators really accumulate bacteria - they are fuzzy and bacteria seem to really like it... and they begin to smell really bad. I still used the glosses when the applicator just began smelling bad, then I tried to wash the applicator with soap, then disinfect them with alcohol. Even though I was carefult, I still got soap and alcohol into the tube. I don't feel I should have to wash the applicators of my glosses or have them smell nasty... I would like these glosses way more if Clarins would change the package. I don't understand how my lipgloss wands never smell, but the applicator on these smelt...

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

This is my HG lip balm/gloss the smell is amazing like candy and I find its really moisturising but I don't think it lasts really long but I don't mind I just love this sooo much would definitely repurchase time and time again

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

2 years ago

I was obsessed with the Clarins lip oils but I think I like this more! This is a super hydrating and healing gloss with a buttery smooth texture that just datasets any lines and makes your lips look smooth and full. It also smells like cake batter with is a plus!

About reviewer (297 reviews)

Age19-24