Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick

Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick

3.7

on 3/25/2017 7:00:00 PM

I have this in golden pink and while the color is an amazing rose gold, I'm not a fan of these overall. It's a little too sparkly for me and it's greasy to blend. I prefer a dryer cream stick so it goes where I want it to instead of everywhere . The lasting power on this is great though. Stayed all day with no creasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this cream shadow sticks in two colors and my opinion of each of them is pretty polarizing. "Tuxedo" and "Golden Pink." "Tuxedo" is black and is absolute PERFECTION! It works great when I want to create a smokey eye. The staying power is nothing short of amazing. Seriously, this stuff doesn't budge at all until I get ready to remove it at the end of the day. I love love love it! The "Golden Pink" shade, on the other hand, misses the mark for me. The color is a beautiful cool rosy gold, but it has too much glitter for my taste. I own the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Rose Gold and it's very comparable to that, only way more sparkly. I don't like glitter, so I can not use this shade, but that's a personal preference. I plan on purchasing this in Violet Plum next. I HIGHLY recommend this in Tuxedo! A well deserved 5 lippies!

on 2/2/2017 4:52:00 PM

LOVE THESE. Awesome pigmentation and shimmer (I have a pinky seashell and a cocoa brown), and the color lasts all day without creasing. They aren't cheap, but they last at least 6 months with almost daily use. No brushes or skills needed, just slap it on and blend with your finger!

It's a nice, long-lasting eyeshadow. Very easy and convenient to apply. I think I am not a big fan of cream eyeshadows in general, and would not repurchase for that reason, but otherwise can recommend the product. It's one of the best cream eyeshadows I've tried, definitely better than Maybelline, Rimmel, Eyeko or Bourjois cream eyeshadows.

on 1/14/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought several colors of these sticks when they first came out, thinking that they are the same formula as the Long Wear Cream Shadows in the glass jar packaging but in a more travel friendly packaging. The formula is not quite the same, it doesn't apply as smoothly as the matte shades in the glass packaging and it's not as long wearing either. After using the sticks for close to two years I will not repurchase the darker shades because I find them extremely hard to blend, even when I work very quickly. I also found all but the lightest shade Sunlight Gold to be creasing after a few hours. In terms of color selection I am looking for lighter neutral/cool tones and especially a neutral base tone, but there aren't any - Vanilla is far too yellow for my NW15 coloring and Shadow is a deep, cooler grey, which is a pretty color but it does not blend too well. Neutral/cool light shades and taupes are missing. I will look to Laura Mercier's Caviar Sticks next.

on 1/14/2015 3:40:00 AM

I have the "violet plum" which is a beautiful shade for green eyes. But it's very hard to blend, I really did not expect that. I thought these sticks would be swipe-on, blend a bit and go kind of thing. Maybe this colour is an exception, I don't know. But it does not look good unless very well blended into the lash line, and it sets fast so you have to work quickly. It's also dry, so I feel like I have to tug on the skin a lot to blend it, which is not good. All in all, pretty colour but so-so formula which I won't buy again. Maybe I'll try the Laura Mercier caviar stick next...
UPDATED: I tried this stick with and without primer; with primer it's impossible to blend (see above) and without primer it's much easier to blend, but creases and doesn't last. A great disappointment from Bobbi Brown.

on 6/28/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a goof-proof smokey eye. You can scribble it on like a 5 year old and it looks sexy. No smudging or creasing; stays put even on waterline. Bone cream shadow on brow bone, heather on lid, and this around the eye will make a hazel eye into a green eye.

I thought a stick would be less convenient than a pot of cream shadow because it would take longer to apply/blend. I was wrong-this even looks great swiped on without blending! Sand Dune is the perfect shade for blue eyes because its a neutral, subtle shade, but it has a warm, peachy undertone that contrasts perfectly with my eye color. No shimmer, so it doesn't make my eyelids look wrinkly or crepey. This has great pigmentation with one swipe and cances out any redness or discoloration on my lids. This lasts as well as any cream shadow I've tried and doesn't need additional primer to last all day.

on 2/18/2006 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I at one point owned all of these. They are cream shadows in a stick. They creased on me so I switched to MAC paints. Great idea but creasing didnt work for me.

on 10/25/2004 5:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I am a huge fan of all the cream shadow sticks. I have most of the shimmer or "iced" shades. They are very long wear, and stood up to the hot Jamaica sun for all of the models I used them on for a calendar shoot. I did use a touch of powder shadow over them for extra setting power! I highly recommend them. I do also like the MAC Shadesticks, but the BB version is smoother in texture!

Popular Eye Shadows