Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Filtered by hair type : Other
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

3.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

- Smells divine!
- Good size / amount of granules
- Used 1-2x a week after multiple days of wearing makeup where the next day I plan to wear no makeup
- Makes my skin smoother and more healthy looking
- In conjunction w/ my other products it is helping me get rid of my acne with more success than ever
- Worth a try!!
- Will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just bought this, I really like the texture. I have been suffering from stress related breakouts so I decided to give this a try. I used an Olay makeup removing cloth then hopped in the shower. It was weird because not only did it exfoliate well, the 'tingling' everyone describes really felt more like 'burning' for me! I just chalk that up to my retin-A usage.. So far so good! In 2-3 days my skin stopped breaking out and the lil bumps I had (and one cyst!) are shrinking and one are gone. I use my Olay moisturizer after this to counter any dryness. :)

on 6/24/2012 10:17:00 PM

This really does seem to be helping my acne. I use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week in the shower. It feels so tingly and my face feels very clean but not tight or dry after using. It has just the perfect amount of scrubiness to it. Does not burn even though I have somewhat dry and sensitive skin.

on 3/20/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Another trial on my way to finding the perfect face wash (I now know that it's Estee Lauder Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser.) I bought this after seeing the great reviews, and I was sorely disappointed. One thing I'll give is that it does have nice scrubbing power. The granules are not too harsh and not too soft, but it left a nasty film on my face. I thought I needed an acne wash to clean up my blackheads, but it turns out I needed to stop being lazy and wash my makeup off EVERY night without fail. This stuff smells medicinal too. Yuck.

Although this smells great and is somewhat efficient, I found this scrub to be a bit too harsh and irritating. It made my skin a bit oddly red, and seemed to exacerbate some blemishes. Even though the scrubby granules are quite ideal, I ended up giving this away to my sibling.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This stuff. Is the BOMB. Really. I have been using Kiehl's Blue Herbal face wash, and I love it dearly during the summer when I am sweaty and gross. But as the weather gets colder and the school year starts up, my acne is more due to stress than an over abundance of oil on my face. Since there isn't as much oil there, my face has become a bit dull and I'm running out of my beloved Clinique scrub that I've had for over a year now. This stuff is great for that additional boost of exfoliation that I need for the winter months. I only started using it maybe two weeks ago and the results are great right now. I use it in rotation with the Kiehl's and the remainder of my Clinque when I do use the Kiehl's. I don't really have much of a schedule, I just base it on my day to day activity. If you want to use this as your main face wash, I think it would be fine. I think there's fragrance in it, so if your skin is very sensitive I'm not sure how well it would react. It's definitely less intensive than the Clinique scrub, extremely gentle. I would never use the Clinique one every day, but you can get away with it using this. Recommended!

I have been using this for a few days now, and while I like it, I'm not sure I would buy it again.

PROs
-1- I do love that it has glycolic acid in it (i just wish it had a bit more!) in addition to SA
-2- I feel that it does do a good overall job of cleansing the skin

CONs
-1- I really hate the scrubbing beads. First of all, there are very few of them. In other words, they need to add MORE beads to it. However, the beads they do have are very abrasive (too hard). If you rub the product aggressively into the skin, the feeling is all but pleasant. They should develop a softer bead but have a greater concentration of them in the product.
-2- I was buying it to help with acne, and I kind of wish it was a bit more powerful. I leave it on for a good minute or so (even though you're supposed to rinse it off immediately) and there is no stinging etc like you might expect from a potent product.

In short, if you can live with the cons above, I'd recommend it, but I don't think I'd repurchase just yet.

on 8/11/2011 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This feels so good on my face. I use it in the shower a couple times a week, and it's very refreshing. My skin feels nice, clean, and smooth. It has salicylic acid and glycolic acid (make sure you use sunscreen), so I know it's doing good things for my skin. And the menthol gives the cooling sensation. I told my boyfriend to try it, and he really likes it too.

I used to use St. Ives apricot scrub w/ salicylic acid, but I was scared off by all the warnings that it's bad for your face (I don't know if this true or not). So I got this b/c the beads appeared very spherical and mild. My face can tolerate scrubs, and I actually notice my face gets dull if I don't use some kind of exfoliation. I experience no irritation from this product.

on 7/27/2011 4:40:00 PM

I have used so many products to clear my skin and i can honestly say THIS IS AMAZING! i washed my face at night and the next morning my face was clear, it helps keep away zits and gets them gone, all i have now is 1 zit! and some acne scaring! Now to find something for that(: i have combination skin and it really does work. I have tried a ton of neutrogena products and this really clears my skin! I used the neutrogena redness soothing gel cleanser and then this at night, in the morning i use the pink greatfruit cleanser, and if i need more cleansing i use the redness soothing one. LOVEEEE ITTT!

on 4/12/2011 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This product contains Salicylic Acid and Glycolic Acid. I don't use this on my face because I find the scrub beads a bit harsh, but I do use this on my back and chest to keep it clear and prevent breakouts. I am also a fan of Panoxyl foaming wash for use on the body and face, but quite frankly, the thought of potentially bleaching my clothes in the morning really bothers me. So I use this product in the morning and I love it. I have been using it for the last 4 years, rotating it with panoxyl at night or other cleansing scrubs. I love it. HOWEVER, that being said, I have noticed that the ingredient listing for this product is almost the same to their Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub, which also contains SA and GA. The Oil-free acne daily scrub is also cheaper. I have yet to try that one, but if anyone has tried both and knows the difference, please LMK.