Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzotriazole Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus) Extract (Cucumus Sativus), Camellia Olefifera (Green Tea) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Microcrystalline Wax, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5 Lake, Green 5, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 4/23/2012 7:47:00 PM

Meh, not my favorite. It has a very creamy base, which I guess is a nice alternative to most of the harsh acne solutions out there. But this just wasn't for me. Never felt clean afterwards, and I'm not a fan of cleansers that leave a film on the skin afterward and this definitely does. Do like that it contains glycolic acid though.

I have been using this for a few days now, and while I like it, I'm not sure I would buy it again.

PROs
-1- I do love that it has glycolic acid in it (i just wish it had a bit more!) in addition to SA
-2- I feel that it does do a good overall job of cleansing the skin

CONs
-1- I really hate the scrubbing beads. First of all, there are very few of them. In other words, they need to add MORE beads to it. However, the beads they do have are very abrasive (too hard). If you rub the product aggressively into the skin, the feeling is all but pleasant. They should develop a softer bead but have a greater concentration of them in the product.
-2- I was buying it to help with acne, and I kind of wish it was a bit more powerful. I leave it on for a good minute or so (even though you're supposed to rinse it off immediately) and there is no stinging etc like you might expect from a potent product.

In short, if you can live with the cons above, I'd recommend it, but I don't think I'd repurchase just yet.

on 6/29/2010 12:24:00 AM

I liked this product a lot. I bought it a couple months ago and I'm just running out of it, and I think I'll be buying many more! It doesn't make my skin perfect, but I definitely wasn't expecting it to. It easily gets rid of nasty pimples though. Just last week a mountain appeared on my forehead, and right after I used this it began shrinking. Now I'd really like to get the Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment from the results I got from this. Other scrubs are too harsh for my skin, but this one is creamy and has small, gentle exfoliating beads. Well it actually doesn't exfoliate all that much, but that's okay because it helps so much with my acne. And I really like the scent for some reason, it's smells like cucumber and even kind of mint-y I think which sounds odd but I like it a lot. It smells.. fresh. And it feels fresh!