Dr. Denese HydroShield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum

No Image

4.1

Dimethicone, Soybean Seed Extract, Ceramides, Retinol, Tocopherol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Octyl Cocoate, Lecithin, Glycolipids, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am combo oily acne prone and still searching for my exact acne triggers. I have been using this for years at night a few nights per week around my eyes and love it for that and will continue to purchase. For the past week I have been using at night all over so I am still testing it out to make sure it doesn't break me out, Will update after a couple of months. Using about 3 times per week so we will see. It is difficult for me to find moisturizing products that don't break me out. My skin is oddly sensitive. It definitely does feel like it sinks in but feels slightly greasy when it first goes on. I have not tried during the day but if it doesn't break me out, I might. I see that she seems to mainly be on qvc. This can be expensive but they have deals pretty often so stalk the site if your interested.
UPDATE 10/30/16
Started using this more frequently and my skin still seems to like it. I layer CSI vit c over the top for extra results. Keeping fingers crossed that this will keep my skin clear.

on 8/12/2016 3:50:00 PM

It calms acne and inflammation overnight. It is helpful to keep skin balanced and even. I use it without any moisturizer above, due to very humid climate and already oily skin.

on 7/7/2015 7:18:00 AM

After reading Paula Begounís glowing review of this, I purchased a kit with this serum, Dream Cream, and firming pads.

According to the packaging, this dries to a semi-matte finish but since I only wear this on a night, this doesnít really matter to me. I use this on clean skin, after cleansing, a full pump covers my whole face and neck also. It had no fragrance, and I loved the pump bottle (but the lid didnít fit securely on the pump and kept coming off, I eventually threw the lid away).

Overall though, I was extremely disappointed in this serum. After this had been on my face for a few minutes I did notice that this balled up and flaked off my skin whenever I touched my face. So I decided to use less of it, half a pump, and spread out over my skin. Same result.

The only way I can use this is if I apply the Dream Cream immediately after applying the serum (within a few seconds of this serum being on my skin). For reference my skin is combination Ė very oily on nose and chin and very dry on cheeks and undereye area. This did not provide extra moisture at all, and instead just felt greasy. After using an entire bottle, my skin feel the same as before I started using it.

I would not buy this serum again and would recommend buying samples first to see if this will work for you

I wanted to like this. The texture is really like water and it glides on nicely. But that's it...
It's mostly silicones, which are *not* moisturizing...They just make your skin *look* smoother temporarily...they aren't plumping you up or giving your skin moisture.
I totally agree with the posters who said it made their skin look and feel smooth--totes trueness there. But, when you wash your face, it's going to be as dry, oily or whatever as before you applied it because it's not affecting your skin's actual moisture level.
I think of this stuff more as a primer or something rather than a 'moisturizer'.
Cute package though and I love the feel...but give me a *real* moisturizer any day!

Just received this in a trial kit from Dr. Denes's website a few days ago and I love it! It feels like silk and goes on beautifully. For my dry skin, it is not greasy at all and better than any other serum I have used. Too soon to know if it will be a staple in my skin care, but I am going to purchase a larger size of it along with her Wrinkle RX Moisturizer Surge and will report back after I have used it longer. It is costly, but nothing else has really pleased me. Maybe I have finally found my HG.

on 8/2/2013 9:51:00 AM

This was just okay for me. I have certainly tried other serums that were of better value & created far better results for the money. Highlighting the good things about this serum is easy, it did not break me out and that says a LOT. It was hydrating although it goes on almost oily/shiny like so you have to make sure to have a bit of time to allow soaking in, after that there was no oily feeling or residue left so I thought that was a huge plus. I have combo skin & it hydrated well, not sure how it would do with oily skin. This product did absolutely nothing for changing skin tone, pores or wrinkles and that is the only reason I would not purchase again. Sure it hydrates, but it does nothing else a good moisturizer wouldn't do. So for the price on this one, no way!

on 1/27/2013 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love love love this product!!! Cannot use on oily or normal skin, just on eyes & it's fantastic in the eye area. So moisturizing! Cannot live without it

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a staple for me - it is the best I've found for adding moisture, smoothing skin, and prepping for makeup/treatments. I got Dr. Denese's book from the public library - interesting tips and recommendations there from diet to skin care. I know it's pricey, but worth a lot more than buying cheaper stuff that doesn't provide consistent results.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hello. I found a 5 pc set on Craigslist for $50 bucks. It had 60 firming facial pads, Wrinkle Rest Exoression Line Peptide Concentrate, Hydro Shield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum, Baggage Lost Puff Reducing Eye Gel & Hydro Shield Body Serum. The facial pads are fabulous! I only use them once a week at night. I love the wrinkle rest. I use it on my forehead only and it's awesome! The face serum is oily so I only use it in my eyes every night & it's great. If I wake up with puffy eyes I use the baggage lost. I use the body serum on my feet & put socks on them. Great products. I always shop on Craigslist. All products were sealed in the book like box. All products were full size & will last a long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I know I'm still relatively young to be using retinol, but I want to tame the.signs of aging early. This product feels slimy on my very oily skin, so I use just a small amount. Don't much care for the texture, and I don't get the velvety matte finish it boasts. But since it was so crazy expensive, I'm going to keep using it until it's gone. Gonna find a different retinoid after though.

Popular Face Skincare Products