Smashbox LipGloss *general*

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this in Pout (True color) because it's such a beautiful pale pink! But this lipgloss smells sooooooo bad. If I was being nice it could smell like cinnamon but I feel like it just stinks. Make sure to smell this before you buy it because even the colour is so nice I haven't wore this since I got it because it smells so bad :S

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in a warehouse sale for like 5 bucks, i think it is nice since it isn't very sticky and had a nice colour. I wished it had better staying power because i had to keep reapplying. The packaging is nice and sleek but if i dont think i would buy this full priced

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love Smashbox glosses. I hate thick sticky glosses, so for me, this is awesome. Like the reviewer below me said they are pretty thin. They go on very sheer, but amazingly for me the shine lasts. Even after most of the gloss has worn away and my lips feel naked, they still look shiny. It's the strangest thing but I love it. I wear this gloss in the "Lip Enhancing Gloss - True Color Protege" every day because it matches the natural color of my lips perfectly and just kicks the color up a notch without being too obvious. I have a thin upper lip so I am all for enhancing what I've got rather than drawing attention to the thinness with dark or bright in-your-face color which is why this is my HG gloss. Maybe not for everyone if you like that thick, wet, glassy shine, but perfect for someone who wants something a little more subtle.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the double-ended gloss from the Double Take kit, in Fresh/Fabulous (pink/wine). When I first tried it I was disappointed because there didn't seem to be much colour (I usually wear lipstick for going out, so I'm used to more colour). But it actually looked very nice, like my own lips but much prettier. The darker side looks like a wine colour in the tube, but it's actually also very sheer. The colours are pretty but wouldn't be worth it just for that, except it feels so nice! The texture isn't too thick or sticky, and my lips feel so soft and moisturized. I use this all the time now, instead of going with bare lips for routine days.

I am not a fan of smashbox products. I purchased a combo make up kit from them that contained to glosses. Considering when sold on their own these glosses are over 20 bucks, they are of low quality. They are very thick and chalky in texture. They did not sit well on my lips and actually starting caking up and drying in the creases of my lips. In addition the rest of the package was sub par. I will not purchase their products again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

There is not a great color selection and the gloss doesn't go on very well. It is a little drying. I also like my glosses to show up a little more than this one does. MAC lipglass is a much better product in my opinion. I like a lot of the Smashbox products, but I feel their glosses need a lot of work.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Smashbox is my HG of lipglosses. They're smooth and creamy (even the ones with frost, none of the nasty grittiness of MAC), and not at all sticky though they do have decent wear for a gloss. The colours are nice and flattering with plenty of choices for all ends of the colour spectrum, from pale to dark, from cool to warm. They have no taste or smell and they leave a nice stain. 35MM is my favourite shade from them, a rich neutral rosey brown with neutral shimmer. I'll rebuy these over and over. Definitely worth it - and now sold at Shoppers Drug Mart stores in Canada!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I may switch over from MAC to Smashbox! Smashbox pretty much solves the problems MAC has with me. It's not too sticky, or goopy. It has no fragrance or flavor. Lastly, it is layerable. You can apply several layers of the gloss without it looking too shiny or hyper pigmented. That goes with saying that Smashbox lipglosses are sheer, so, if you want a solid pigment, go with MAC or another brand, but if you want a sheer wash of pretty color, or a color you can layer, Smashbox is for you.

Like others have said, the texture and shape of the gloss containers is great. They're no challenge to open even if your hands are covered in moisturizer. The gloss itself comes in a really nice range of colors that look good on a variety of skin tones, and they're not sticky or gooey like other brands. The pigmentation is perfect and the gloss looks nice both over lipstick, pencil, or on its own. For people like me who hate lipstick, but want a little more color and shine, these glosses are perfect.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i LOVE SMASHBOX!!! i love their glosses!! They feel great on my lips, they're not sticky, and they actually last longer than any other glosses i have tried!