DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.8

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok, I waited 4 months to write this review so I could give an accurate review that I felt had some experience backing it up ;)
At first I really struggled with it. I liked it, then I hated it. I could NOT decide! Until...I figured out my hair. My hair is loose curly, not coarse, not thick. But not really fine either, just normal. Also, when I first started using it, I was not scrubbing my scalp like I needed to. That is key for me!
First I have to rinse my hair REALLY well to get most of the product out...then "wash" it with the no poo. I mean, scrub & rub it around just like I used to do with my lathering shampoo. Then, again rinse it REALLY well. Now, the second time I "wash" it, I focus more on the ends. Then rinse well again. Most of the time I don't even need the one condition because the no poo shampoo leaves my hair so soft and moisturized and I'm afraid it will weigh it down. I use the devacurl styling cream and LA Looks strong hold gel (which is silicone and sulfate free, and cheap to boot) before blowing dry. My hair looks healthy, bouncy & amazing, even though I've abused it with color & highlights for the past 10 years.
One thing I want to add that makes a big difference - I wash with Neutrogena clarifying shampoo once a month. And, I wash my hair with the no poo every 2-3 days, not every day!

Good luck!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the BEST! I thought with all the moisturizing that it would weigh my fine, wavy/curly (I am between s-wavy and botticelli, as they describe). I blow my hair out almost dry and then twist it to get rid of frizz, it's smooth with zero frizz and looks clean on day 2 (I only wash every 4-5 days, bless oscar blandi dry shampoo)! I was previously using more expensive products (Rahua, loved it for a while, but then build up occurred, making my hair look dry- Ojon's super moisturizing I used for ages). But this stuff is amazing and takes the cake! i think the price is great too, half the price of Rahua I love love love the no poo, you immediately notice a difference. I was looking for a product without silicone and without parabens (so my hair feels like, well hair!). I do not use the gel, but probably would use that in humid, climates and on tropical vacaitons. I am using the one conditioner.
Note: This is for the regular no poo, rather than the one with vitamin c for color treated hair. I didn't get that one because they recommended against it for me. Although I color my hair, I have some highlights (blending the grey in my brunette hair) and I am more ash (which I like), the vitamin C/color treated formula they recommended against because it can make the yellowy/ash highlights get orangey- I hate warm highlights on me.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have used it since August/08. My hair is a mixture of coils extremely curly (3c) and afro (4a). I like this cleanser and use it alternatively with Devacare no-poo. This cleanser leaves my hair practically without knots. For me it is a keeper.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this, but it didn't work out for me that well. My hair felt like it had a film despite my efforts to work the product in and rinse as many times as possible. Just felt very greasy. It smells nice and will probably be better for those with coarse, dry hair or with high porosity. I think I'll give the low poo a try to see if my hair responds better to that. It does have a creamy consistency and doesn't irritate my scalp. I'm not buying this again and will pass it on to my sister who has thicker and tighter ringlets than I do.

Popular Shampoos