DevaCurl No Poo

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.6

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

I'm not sure what these other reviewers are talking about. This stuff ROCKS!!!! I have combination hair (curly and thinner on top/front and stick straight and thick in the back/underneath). Most shampoos screw with my hair, making part of it dry and the other just fine (this changes depending on the brand).

DevaCurl No Poo is the only one that turns my combo hair into one fine head of hair that all works together.

I just think people aren't used to shampoo that doesn't get sudsy and perhaps they aren't rinsing it out as well as they should.

I am really loving this version of No Poo. I tried the "DevaCare" version first years ago which was recommended to me for my fine very loose wavy hair and I hated it sadly. I absolutely loved it because the DevaCare products just smell to die for of creamy oranges and felt amazingly creamy etc but that No Poo had some ingredients that just really weighed down my hair and made my scalp greasy even after using it for 6 months so I know my hair was adjusted. I still have a giant liter bottle I can't use. Anyhow after that and bombing on several of their styling products I gave up on this line. I am currently using an organic shampoo and conditioner that I love but really wanted to find a Cleansing Conditioner that would work for me (have tried them all) as I just love how smooth and easy they make washing my hair which is super tangly in the shower even being fine. After checking out the ingredients for DevaCurl's version of No Poo and seeing different reviews figured I would make one last attempt and this formula does work way better for me as far as not leaving my scalp greasy or weighing me down at all. The one bittersweet thing I hate is in fact the horrid over the top rose smell of it. Yes I do find many reviews exaggerate on it being so bad that won't use the product do to the smell but for those who have fussy hair like me I don't have the luxury to pass up a product that gives me such good results lol. I usually love rose smells but this one is just unpleasant but something I will deal with. It doesn't linger in my hair by any means and my conditioner soon eases my nose. Now I am of course tempted to try the One Condition as well. If you had horrible results with the DevaCare products don't hesitate to try out the DevaCurl versions which are the quality of the line imo!

I love this shampoo (and conditioner). It has saved my naturally brittle hair (also highlighted) from repeatedly breaking off when I sleep. I rarely blow dry or heat style my, and it would still get "crispy". I have used Pureology, Joico, Tigi, Neuma...you name it I've tried it and this has helped keep my moisture level high which make my hair softer, and shinier!!

I like this product. It is like other no-poo routines I have done. There is no lather, and your hair does not feel "clean" (read: stripped). I do find it a bit overpriced, but if you want no-poo and can't or don't want to make your own stuff, this works well as well, and it smells good.

However, you MUST give it two weeks. For a week or two, your hair will feel greasy and heavy because your scalp is overproducing sebum (oil) to compensate for the stripping action of regular shampoo. Once your scalp realizes that you aren't stripping it anymore, it will drastically reduce sebum production and your hair will feel normal and probably healthier and richer than before, but it will never feel the same as with regular shampoo.

A huge pro is that once you are accustomed to this, you can wash your hair less frequently, saving time, money and water.

I just wish they were clearer about this on the bottle. A lot of people will expect it to work like regular shampoo and thing it's a crappy product.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have sensitive skin, but I haven't had an acne problem for decades. Deva no poo has my face, scalp, and body a mess. I finally went to a doctor and was diagnosed with acne rosacea, so 'unique looking of a case' that he asked to take pictures of my face. Something in this product does not agree with me. The only other thing that has ever made me break out since adulthood is Philosophy products. I'd say be careful with this product if you have sensitive skin.
Also, I have more hair loss when I use this in combination with other Deva products. Over time, my hair actually seems dull.
The smell is great and I loved this product at first.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Did DevaCurl reformulate this product? I remember trying it a few years ago and didn't really like it -- my hair felt coated, not clean, and weighed it down -- but I decided to try it again a few months ago...and I haven't stopped using it. I believe the scent is also different, and I like it way better now. No Poo doesn't lather and is super creamy, which I love. My hair is about shoulder length and wavy, and to work best, I've found that I need to use a *lot* of the No Poo, and make sure my hair is soaking wet just prior to application. I use in conjunction with One Condition.

I tried the deva cut and the no poo shampoo and the conditioner and I have mixed feelings about it. My curls are a bit more defined, but still frizzy and dry. The cut gave me a ton of volume. In order to detangle in the shower I feel like a massive amount of hair comes out, and I have a ton of build up in my scalp. I do not use the gel with it so I still use mouse and hairspray and so maybe it is not meant to be used with those products. Still I am bit a frustrated since I bought the 40 dollar bottles and my hair just feels dirty when I use it.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

It was hard to believe product called, No Poo. Sounds like something you'd find in the antacid aisle. Thing is, I am a curly and one that needs to wash everyday if I am wearing it curly. So this seemed like it'd fit the bill. It is one of the best detanglers I have ever used. Thats what the 3 lippies are for,the whole No Poo thing? Eh. Oddly enough a product that is supposed to be for curls actually just weighed me down within a few days. More like No-Clean. Heard good things about the One C. Maybe I'll try that.

I am really surprised that I liked this..It felt weird to use since it does not lather up...felt more like a thick conditioner. Rinsed out nicely and didn't leave my hair feeling stripped or overly greasy. The next day my hair was mega greasy though :( for that reason I won't be repurchasing

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! When I first started using this, it took a bit to get used to it since it this has no sulfates, and therefore does not lather. Once I got used to using a shampoo that doesn't lather, and how much to actually use, I really do like this. No Poo has some really, really good ingredients; it's completely vegan, cruelty-free and the ingredients list includes some oils that are very good for your hair and scalp. I use dandruff shampoo maybe once or twice a month, and then use this once a week. I've found that using this, along with the One Condition conditioner, has actually helped with my dandruff a bit because these products do have some similar ingredients to the natural dandruff shampoo I use. Since I've been using this, my hair has been a lot more moisturized than it had been, and I've been able to cut back on the amount of anti-frizz products I've been using in the past.

Popular Shampoos