Secret Clinical Strength

Secret Clinical Strength
SECRET CLINICAL STRENGTHSecret Clinical Strength Deoderant - Light & Fresh

3.6

Active Ingredient: aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex GLY 20%. Inactive Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, tribehenin, petrolatum, cyclodextrin, c18-36 acid triglyceride, fragrance, ppg-14 butyl ether.

on 9/4/2017 11:31:00 PM

This review is for Secret Clinical Strength Invisible Solid (Completely Clean Scent). I have not tried to gel or soft solid. i use it once a day.

I'm a big sweater, especially in social/stressful situations, so I've always had to deal with the fact that ordinary deodorant just wasn't enough to deal with the smell and sweat I'd produce. It made me very self conscious.

This deodorant is so amazing --- I will never use ordinary deodorant again! I don't get body odour anymore, ever. My shirts NEVER smell at the end of the day when I take them off, even when I've been out working in extremely hot weather. It decreases my wetness as well, although I don't find that it completely eliminates it.

Love this deodorant.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This stuff is awesome. Like some other reviews I, too, tried more "natural" deodorants. Tom's of Maine deodorant and Alba Botanica deodorant left me reeking of nasty BO. I even used plain coconut oil which actually worked pretty well, but left grease stains on my clothes. Then I tried using men's deodorant without antiperspirants in them - Every Man Jack, Dove, Arm and Hammer. Still smelled nasty. Schmitt's deodorant was pretty good but also left stains due to the coconut oil. So I went back to this stuff and I am glad I did. Haven't really tried too many conventional non clinical strength deodorants/ anti perspirants so I can't say how much better this is. But all I know this product works for me. Leaves me smelling great all day long and as a bonus keeps my underarms super dry. The BEST one is the stress response Oprah scent. Smells amazing!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I usually have luck with Secret brand deodorants. Not this one. I sweat, a lot. I actually tried this in the Spring, before we had any real heat to speak of or make my armpits need something 'extra'. This literally only worked for maybe an hour for me, and then it felt like I did not have deodorant on (sorry tmi maybe). This is also kind of pricey, and I was thinking wow, if regular Secret works well for me, this must be magical! Nope, not the case for me. Won't repurchase. I debated between 1 and 2 star/lippie ratings, but really, roughly an hour of protection..? No thank you.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe it's just me but I absolutely cannot stand the smell of this stuff. I'm not sure if it's my natural body chemistry or what but it has a weird smell. It lingers all day, sometimes I even notice it in the shower. I smell even better without deodorant than with this stuff. This deodorant has also left weird dark red spots under my arms and has made them more sensitive to shaving my underarms. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with the deodorant. It goes on smooth, keeps me dry, and doesn't transfer to clothes. Guess I just can't get over the strange smell. Definitely won't repurchase.

The only deodorant that works for me BUT only the sport version makes the magic . The original scent doesn't make me sweat but oh boy it gives me a bad odor (since the scent starts to fade away in aproximately 2hrs) and I had high hopes for it but it dissapointed me so I rather stick to the sports version stick (the invisible solid) which gets. A 5 star From me

doesn't make me itchy! i have really sensitive underarms yet i sweat a lot and this does the trick! will definitely repurchase.

on 11/4/2015 6:00:00 PM

After a year and a half-long expensive, failed 'experiment' of trying to healthfully use only natural deodorants (store-bought, home-made, solid, powder, and everything in between), I've quit. I went back to using drugstore anti-perspirants because, I'm sorry to say, nothing else works. I was tired of having to surreptitiously sniff and worrying that I smelled, tired of having to reapply deodorant five times a day, and was just fed up with the unpredictably damp armpits, damn it. I'm happy to report, this stuff works and really does last the 48 hours as advertised, with no discernible stink. Having said that, I've only been back to using anti-perspirant for a few months, so I have no idea what will happen in time if/when my body becomes used to this. Perhaps I'll be changing my review. But for now, this product gets top marks from me.

I used to LOVE this product - I used the Secret Waterproof one. It was 5/5, totally great. Best deodorant/anti antiperspirant I'd ever found.

They then discontinued that specific formula (at least in Canada), and the new versions all give me REALLY dry skin and a weird red, dark, discolored patch under my arms so I had to toss them. I miss the old formula :(

on 11/15/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product for free from Secret, and I gotta say I'm glad I did. This is a great product that dry quickly ( I tried the Clinical version from Dove and it really took really longer to dry), smell good in a eerie light way, and doesn't leave white marks on my skin or on my clothes. It's a winner and I'm usually pretty picky about deodorant!

Update on 2016-12-11:
I used another one that I purchased, and I still really like it. It's super effective.

on 5/27/2015 1:40:00 PM

This stuff used to be fine. Never tried the unscented formula; maybe I should have. One of the fruity fragranced ones give me an extremely itchy rash; I now have one dark underarm from the raw skin. Also, it just stopped working; however there is no white transfer with the cream.