Secret Clinical Strength

Secret Clinical Strength

3.5

Active Ingredient: aluminum zirconium trichlorohydrex GLY 20%. Inactive Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, tribehenin, petrolatum, cyclodextrin, c18-36 acid triglyceride, fragrance, ppg-14 butyl ether.

The only deodorant that works for me BUT only the sport version makes the magic . The original scent doesn't make me sweat but oh boy it gives me a bad odor (since the scent starts to fade away in aproximately 2hrs) and I had high hopes for it but it dissapointed me so I rather stick to the sports version stick (the invisible solid) which gets. A 5 star From me

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe it's just me but I absolutely cannot stand the smell of this stuff. I'm not sure if it's my natural body chemistry or what but it has a weird smell. It lingers all day, sometimes I even notice it in the shower. I smell even better without deodorant than with this stuff. This deodorant has also left weird dark red spots under my arms and has made them more sensitive to shaving my underarms. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with the deodorant. It goes on smooth, keeps me dry, and doesn't transfer to clothes. Guess I just can't get over the strange smell. Definitely won't repurchase.

To Read all 411 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/15/2015 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product for free from Secret, and I gotta say I'm glad I did. This is a great product that dry quickly ( I tried the Clinical version from Dove and it really took really longer to dry), smell good in a eerie light way, and doesn't leave white marks on my skin or on my clothes. It's a winner and I'm usually pretty picky about deodorant!

on 11/4/2015 6:00:00 PM

After a year and a half-long expensive, failed 'experiment' of trying to healthfully use only natural deodorants (store-bought, home-made, solid, powder, and everything in between), I've quit. I went back to using drugstore anti-perspirants because, I'm sorry to say, nothing else works. I was tired of having to surreptitiously sniff and worrying that I smelled, tired of having to reapply deodorant five times a day, and was just fed up with the unpredictably damp armpits, damn it. I'm happy to report, this stuff works and really does last the 48 hours as advertised, with no discernible stink. Having said that, I've only been back to using anti-perspirant for a few months, so I have no idea what will happen in time if/when my body becomes used to this. Perhaps I'll be changing my review. But for now, this product gets top marks from me.

I used to LOVE this product - I used the Secret Waterproof one. It was 5/5, totally great. Best deodorant/anti antiperspirant I'd ever found.

They then discontinued that specific formula (at least in Canada), and the new versions all give me REALLY dry skin and a weird red, dark, discolored patch under my arms so I had to toss them. I miss the old formula :(

on 5/27/2015 1:40:00 PM

This stuff used to be fine. Never tried the unscented formula; maybe I should have. One of the fruity fragranced ones give me an extremely itchy rash; I now have one dark underarm from the raw skin. Also, it just stopped working; however there is no white transfer with the cream.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love this product! I am not a huge sweater, but my armpits do tend to stink. A lot.

I like the scent of this deodorant, but I have started to realize it's not really controlling my odor.

Also, about 1/2 way through my second tube of this deodorant, I started to get REALLY itchy armpits. No idea why but I need to discontinue it.

on 5/7/2015 7:54:00 PM

So far, my HG deodorant. I do sweat more than the average female so I need an advanced or clinical strength deodorant. Strayed and tried regular deodorants, which worked ok in the winter and then tried degree clinical strength which didn't work for me so it's back to secret. I still sweat but not as bad. Price is fair I guess. I'd repurchase.

on 5/1/2015 8:32:00 PM

You know...I really wanted to rate this higher. I have a lot of friends that swear by it. If you've read my reviews before, you may know I'm an on-again-off-again Certain Dri user, so I'm well aware that I sweat more than the average person. I DRENCH my shirt after a moderate workout when I use Secret Clinical Strength and while I like the different scents this product is available in, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. I guess it's better to smell good while drenched in sweat than to smell terrible while drenched in sweat, but I guess I'd rather just be dry, you know? I've tried pretty much every formulation this product is available in, gel, invisible solid, sport, waterproof...none of them work for me.

I really loved this product at first!It smells like citrus fruit, controls odor and sweat, and you can easily find it at the drugstore. I didn't even feel the need to wear perfume when I applied this, since the smell is so strong. However, after my second tube, it started to make me itch. Not even minor irritation; it caused an allergic reaction. I suppose the overwhelming scent had something to do with this. The formula also comes as a creamy, white solid that stains darker blouses. Badly. I would have loved it if Secret had made this product as a clear solid. As a result, I will not be repurchasing. My new favorite is the Dove Advanced Nourishment Deodorant, which actually smoothed out my skin and lessened bumps caused by shaving. However, I am going to start testing an aluminum-free options, to see if that it the main cause of my normal adverse reactions to regular deo.
Pros: AMAZING scent, controls odor problems
Cons: Irritating, expensive for a drugstore product, and doesn't come in a clear formula. Stains clothes.