Indult - Tihota

Indult - Tihota

on 3/7/2016 11:23:00 AM

I happen to love this stuff. I bought a sample and within a few days ordered the full bottle. It is Vanilla and Musk. That's it. If you want more, don't get it. Sample always first, but this is the first Vanilla that I have truly loved! Way too expensive, but what are you going to do?!

on 10/28/2015 11:30:00 AM

I have a fresh decant from Surrender to Chance. On my skin chemistry, SL Bois de Vanille reads as rich straight vanilla. Indult Tihota dries down in almost the same fashion, albeit sweeter and richer. I am a dabber and dislike sillage. Both of these are dabbed sparingly on my forearms.

I wore vanilla fragrances years ago (BdV, etro heliotrope, fresh cannabis Santal - which dried down to a fruity vanilla patchouli wood on me). I have recently returned to sample this part of my fragrance wardrobe due to my love of Tauerville Vanilla Flash rollerball, in which vanilla, incense, rose and tobacco combine and eventually soften into a plush dry down evocative of SL Fumerie Turque but without the arid powder. (I also prefer Tauerville to either the fruitier Tom Ford TV or the thinner SDV). Indult Tihota smells much sweeter than either pure Vanilla Extract or faux vanilla extract (I have both in the kitchen due to the fact that cooks illustrated highly recommended the artificial in baked goods). In fact, Indult Tihota is so sweet, it could send me into diabetic coma.

SL BdV is sweet enough for me, and suitable for layering.

I do like the greener, less sweet diptyque Eau Duelle for occasional use. I have not tried the suggested dupes recommended below (I found FeeFee34s review very helpful regarding suggestions) , but for Indults price, I recommend sampling an assortment before buying.

I should note that I have ended my search for a Kurdjian dark rose gourmand, as they are all too sweet for my taste, so perhaps a Kurdijian vanilla is not for me. The high price of Indult is also a factor in my lippie rating given that there are many others in this category.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/8/2015 10:02:00 AM

I really tried hard not to fall in love with Tihota. I kept telling myself that there was no way that I would pay $200 for 50ml of a purely vanilla fragrance. But I love this scent and it's the best sweet vanilla I have ever tried, so I've stopped fighting it and just keep repurchasing it.

Tihota is creamy, sweet vanilla, but very rich and heavy and full bodied. It reminds me of Bath & Body Works' Vanilla Bean Noel fragrance, but a lot better. It's so comforting and makes me think of vanilla frosting, sugar cookies, and magic, without smelling completely childish somehow.

The staying power with this fragrance is great. I've sprayed it on to scarves and winter jackets and can still smell it a week later, and it lasts all day on my skin.
I think that this is a comforting, cozy fragrance, and I get lots of compliments on it. It is my #1 go-to for a sweet vanilla perfume.

on 8/25/2014 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently purchased Tihota and I purchased it without smelling it first. I took a chance and fortunately, it worked out. I did sample Lignes St. Barth and I found that the fragrances were quite different. I much prefer Tihota. When I first spray Tihota it almost feels like there is a bit too much musk, but on my skin it quickly drys down to become a little sweeter, richer, and more depth. The smell resembles vanilla cake. I find myself always smelling my arm where I sprayed it. With Lignes St. Barth there was something in the scent that was a little annoying and I wanted to wash it off. I don't have that feeling with Tihota at all. Its a comfort scent and feels very good to wear it. At first, I felt guilty for splurging on such expensive perfume but now I am happy I did, despite the price tag. I really enjoy it and I looked high and low for a perfume that suited me, and smelled a few high-end vanilla's, including Diptyque, Van Cleef, Serge Lutens, and Proumi de Firenze, and some more moderately priced, such as The Body Shop, and L'Aromarine. Tihota really is a beautiful, simple, yet sophisticated vanilla fragrance and is enjoyable to wear. Update: I have to say, that I am liking this perfume more and more. It is like a treat to wear.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hi. My name is Amy.....and I am a vanilla addict. Sure, it didn't start out that way. I began with body lotions, but from there it went to body sprays, then drugstore perfumes, The Body Shop, L'occitane, department stores and before I knew it, I was hooked. I started spending quite a bit to support my habit. I couldn't always get the same feeling I used to get from using the products I started with. So I went to designer vanillas. High end stuff. Yeah, I've used a lot. I use first thing in the morning, sometimes. I use it to relieve stress; to feel good. Look, I just don't feel the same when I'm not using. But enough about me...
Tihota is like vanilla crack. LIke someone took vanilla extract and made it into a superhero. Rich, a bit dark and caramelized, velvety smooth and luscious. It stays close to the body, but it is clearly there.
There are many comparisons to St Barth's and sure, I can smell the similarities. And if you're jonesing and can't get Tihota, then St Barth's is truly the same vanilla. But the supporting notes are different Where Tihota is warm and pure vanilla with musk, St Barth's has a seamlessly melded floral note which does not detract from the stunning vanilla at all.
However, St Barth's is an oil, which does not make it suitable for misting with abandon. It's only the pricetag of Tihota that holds me back from overdosing.
This is vanilla done exquisitely. It doesn't shout, it isn't multifaceted, it doesn't evolve. It is just quietly superb vanilla that fits like an elegant leather glove. Subtle but beautiful. There is a reason this is a HG scent. If it isn't one for you now, wait a while and come back in a few years. Simple isn't always boring. This is the olfactory equivalent of fresh Maine lobster with butter - it doesn't need anything else to be perfect.
I know. You're drooling and cursing me for being an enabler, a pusher. I've given you cravings. But I just wanted to share with you. Tell you my story. Admit I am powerless over my delicious drug of choice. And I appreciate your support, fellow makeupalley dwellers. Keep coming back.
p.s. NOT meant to offend anyone struggling with the pain of a real addiction.

on 2/1/2014 2:21:00 AM

A warm, rich, buttery vanilla extremely similar to Ligne St. Barths' Vanille West Indies, which is still expensive, but significantly less expensive than the notoriously exorbitant Tihota. The only difference I can detect between these two scents is that Vanille West Indes is a more summery, beachy vanilla because of the orchid, but the core vanilla used in both of these scents is identical! I am surprised at how amazingly similar these two scents are, so if you love Tihota but wish it was more reasonable priced, check out Vanille West Indies! I wrote a review of that it also.

*Update: I am finding Indult Tihota boring, and am very, very glad I only purchased a sample! I think Ligne St. Barth's is better because it is more interesting and not as one dimensional. The orchid really adds beauty and character to the perfume; and makes it more unique.

on 9/11/2013 4:05:00 PM

I am so sorry I didnt purchase a bottle of this perfume when it was available, bec it is perfect to me. I ordered 2 small vials from Luckyscent before it was discontinued and have half of one vial left and the other vial is kept in the dark and tightly wrapped so it doesnt evaporate. A lot of vanilla scents turn funky on my skin, and I dont know why. When I first spray this on my arm I smell vanilla, grown up vanilla, no flowers but something else and it is not the musk unless the musk and vanilla give off such a warmth I can almost chew my arm off. It is so delectable yet not sweet in the sense of being gourmand to me and I love it so much bec it also doesnt turn soapy on my skin. I find some scents turn into a foul odour after a couple of hours and they resemble a chemical smell to my nose and I have to wash them off with a lavander soap. To me this was the best vanilla and musk scent ever brought to market and is one that can be worn winter, fall and cooler nights in the summer. Lovely scent, too bad I missed out on a bottle. If anyone knows of a dupe let me know please.

on 6/15/2011 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Very beautiful, rich, simple vanilla. Best mostly-vanilla fragrance I've found. Too bad about the scary pricetag.

on 4/14/2011 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Whenever I take a whiff of this, it's like I can hear angels singing. This is one I've been aching to try for well over a year now. I purchased a sample online as $250 for a bottle is just absurd. However, I'm in love with the way this perfume smells. This is supposedly the best vanilla perfume in the world, and for my pricey little sample, it better be. It is a truly, truly pure vanilla. No bells. No whistles. I know a lot of people don't like that because they believe it's "too linear". It is linear and that's how I want my Vanilla perfume! I love smelling like pure vanilla bean, which is what this fragrance is with just a teeny hint of musk. It smells soooooo sexy. It's the simplicity of it that I appreciate most. I think everyone's clamoring for some complicated, unusual scent. This is not that. It smells uber creamy and feminine. I've contemplated tracking a bottle down, but it smells so amazingly similar to Lavanila's Pure Vanilla (my signature), that I really don't think I even have to bother. So that's $250 I'll keep. Lavanila's perfume is $65 and smells so much like Indult Tihota that I cannot even find any real differentiation. Mmmm....I've probably sniffed my own wrist about 22 times while writing this review. I can't get enough of it. I suggest you track a sample down so you can smell the goodness too.

on 12/10/2010 5:07:00 PM

ok so here it is. I have been searching for a l'occitane vanille replacement and I think this is as CLOSE as I can get. Is it expensive? yes. I bought a sample- and couldn't stop smelling my wrist. I fell in love! It's the only gift I am asking for for xmas. Nothing can replace my beloved l'occitane, but this is darn close. I am so excited to get a FB, it lasts all day so I think it will last a long time, i am praying it does:) BTW took a lippie off for cost, but to me it's a perfect scent. I get frustrated with people who complain it's not complex enough, or to linear. That is what I love about it, a pure vanilla with no other flower scents to foul it up. If you want complex, this is not for you.
9/20/11 SOOOO upset this has been discontinued ;(((((