Bobbi Brown Beach

Bobbi Brown Beach

3.7

on 11/11/2017 2:34:00 PM

I’ve worn Beach since it came out and finished the bottle but never wanted to repurchase. A few months ago I bought a roller ball of Beach in Sephora and started wearing it again. As luck would have it I found 3.4 oz in Marshall’s this past week and snapped it up for $39.99. Needless to say, I was very happy to have the large size spray. I’ve worn it nonstop since then.

I love wearing summery scents even when it gets cold. Beach smells like suntan lotion and that salty sea air. I live near the ocean and visit it in every season so wearing what smells like it is nothing out of the ordinary to me. I still smell Beach on my clothing at night from when I sprayed it on in the morning so it lasts on me. I just cannot say anything negative about this scent.

on 11/11/2017 12:59:00 PM

I’m in love with this perfume. It’s the perfect warm weather scent. Smells just like old school sunscreen. The name Beach is perfect because that’s what it reminds me of. Lasts a few hours before it wears off.

on 6/27/2017 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with the review before mine. Upon initially spraying this on myself in Sephora, the fragrance reminded me of an old Estee Lauder perfume I had decades ago called, "Honeysuckle." I liked Honeysuckle; and it reminds me of Easter and spring, because that is when I remember Estee Lauder releasing that fragrance. But the drydown of Beach on my skin smells exactly like the beach! I find this amazing! How was Bobbi Brown able to capture the natural smell of the beach on my skin in a fragrance? The reviewer before me described it as the sea, the salty air, and suntan lotion all rolled into one (or something like that, I forgot her exact words). However she described it was right on the money! When I stick my nose to my skin where I had sprayed Beach earlier in the day, I smell like I just came back from a trip to the beach. I absolutely LOVE this fragrance, and can't believe this is the first time I am trying this after all the years it has been on the market. This will probably be my major fragrance this summer, since it is a light, fresh scent.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Being drawn in initially by the appealing name, I have sprayed myself with this a few times in Sephora and I really don't like it. Others have mentioned honeysuckle and that really is what this smells like - a cheap, honeysuckle body spray that you might buy when you were young and had little money to spend. It reminds me very much of the Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil which is a nice product but I absolutely cannot use it because of the smell. I find it a cloying and unappealing scent and nothing at all like what I expect when I see the name "Beach".

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I ordered a sample of this from So Choix because I love the beach. I love summer, Vitamin D, diamonds on the water, and all the smells thereof. This was love at first sniff, of course. It's currently April, so I'm waiting til late May to wear it. I don't want to accidentally come to associate it with Easter and tulips.

The staying power is about four hours. I'm used to fragrances that last longer. I'm really torn between rating this a three or a four. I feel like I could find a cheaper SPF or sun-care product at Walgreens that would give me the same beachy vibe.

Would I buy it again? I'll keep wearing it to find out. It does come in a rollerball.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm not sure it's a really "special" scent but it's literally amazing. It's the perfect perfect summer scent it smells like sunscreen and salt and beach. The best part is, because it's not a musky or complex scent I'm not allergic to it! I have perfume scent sensitivity and I can only handle very light airy scents but this one is great!

Like another review, I'm thinking *What's in my bottle?!?* I once sprayed this on myself in Sephora, and I thought *Coppertone*, which I love the smell of. What I received smells nothing like suntan lotion. There's no coconut, no soft scent of anything. What I received is a nose blistering floral. It is so strong that I've gotten headaches each time I've worn it, and that's never happened to me with any other fragrance.

After the first time, I made sure not to spray it anywhere close to my face, I still got headaches. I've worn it three times....each time thinking that surely a compliment or two would be coming my way....surely at least a random comment of "I smell suntan lotion".

Nope, no compliments on this one. It reminds me of my 8th grade English teacher, a woman whose strong floral scent you could smell coming down the hall, even though you were sitting in another classroom...a woman whose perfume was so strong that you'd gasp for air in her presence. Thankfully the Bobbi Brown website was wonderful about accepting returns.

on 5/5/2016 11:19:00 AM

The main notes in this fragrance are jasmine, Mandarin orange, seawater, and sand. In my opinion, it isn't a dead ringer for Coppertone. You can smell the sunblock, but the floral and citrus notes give it a bit of elegance. You can purchase this online or at Sephora and it retails for $74 and comes in only one size, which is 1.7 fluid ounces. It also comes in a rollerball form that retails for $25. It was not on the fragrance wall when I visited Sephora, but it was on the Bobbi Brown shelf. One whiff and I was hooked.

I feel personally compelled by this scent...there was a time in my life where I lived in Virginia. My parents often took us to the beach for vacation...we would go to Delaware a lot, sometimes Maryland. We then moved to Georgia where we did manage to go to Florida plenty of times. We stopped going on trips together, so we are never whole as a family anymore. I love this scent because it reminds of those times...we would sit and talk together under an umbrella or when all of us tired kids would pile up into the SUV and my sister would fall asleep on my shoulder. It reminds me of the salty breezes we would breathe in all while trying to build a crappy sandcastle. It reminds me of the smell of my skin after a shower, but after a day at the beach. It smelled faintly of sunblock and Herbal Essences shampoo. I would then climb into bed and feel waves rock me to sleep.

I feel surges of happiness when I smell this and it takes me back in time. I have never felt as emotional with any other fragrance as I do with this one. There are a few complaints I have for it...this perfume doesn't last long enough. The scent fades to nothingness after a few hours, so I find the price point to be too high for something with little longevity. I also wish that it came in bigger sizes because I feel like I am going through this bottle quickly. This is also made with synthetic oils, but that isn't really a problem for me. It might be to others who are fond of natural oils and ingredients.

Some people think that this smells like Fire Island Bond No 9 and At the Beach 1966. Fire Island is warmer with musk, whereas At the Beach has the top note as marine. People who like this scent also like Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess, but I am not a fan of that scent at all. Overall, I really love Bobbi Brown Beach, but if I could find something similar with staying power, I would try it out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is indeed beachy. Not in a sugary pina colada way, it’s more mature. As so many other reviewers have noted, It smells exactly like Coppertone suntan lotion in 1977. It transports me back to my southern California childhood, and summer day trips to the beach. My mom slathered us in Coppertone and sent us off to play while she read an Agatha Christie mystery under an umbrella. Beach is delicious: creamy, warm, and coconut-ty. A balmy sunset drive through the orange groves. A big plus is that this actually lasts on my skin for most of the day. But while I do like it a lot, I don’t find it particularly interesting – it lacks depth. My solution is to layer it with my all-time HG fragrance YSL Black Opium. Black Opium is a grown-up, sultry scent but on its own it feels too serious and wintery for summer. Sephora’s description of Beach calls out jasmine, but the only jasmine note is the creamy roundness of this. It doesn’t have an overtly floral smell at all. It does have a hint of powder on dry-down that I wish weren't there. But it's barely detectable. If you’re drawn to sexy/spicy Oriental fragrances, you probably won’t love this fragrance. To me, on a drizzly January day in Seattle, Beach is the next best thing to a Hawaiian getaway.

on 4/6/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Lots of beach time growing up in New England, and lived on the beach in FL for 16 years. I've spent so many days lazing in the sand, with nothing better to do than tan, and smell the lovely people of the beach. Sweat, salt, hot sand, hot skin, and sunscreen. It's typical in Destin to roll right from a day on the water to late afternoon cocktails at a local beach bar, still with our bathing suits under our sundresses, sand in our toes, and still reeking of sunscreen and salt, not giving a shit and just enjoying the laid back southern summer sunset.

I got Bronze Goddess blind hoping it would capture it for me. It didn't. It's too coconutty/gourmand/musky. Think Hawaiian Tropic.

I bought Beach and it is IT for me. It's fresh, salty, sun-creamy, oceanic with a spritz of jasmine.
To me it's a niche fragrance in the respect that it's not a typical 'way' people want to smell. It's not sexy, not overtly feminine, it's not dangerously avant garde and not a classic; it's a scent almost more than it is a perfume. But it is Nostalgic, with a capital N. A certain scent can be emotionally transportive and take a person back to past real life. Nothing evokes a memory like a scent. This is it, at least for me. I can almost hear laughter, seagulls, distant boomboxes, the thump of volleyballs hitting the hot sand, the lifeguard's shrill whistle, the soft crash of the waves. Have you ever noticed how all of these sounds blend together, fade out, and create the most peaceful auditory backdrop? They are the hazy sounds of life happening all around, as you relax and take a break from it.
This is quintessentially the beach. I give it a 5 solely for capturing nostalgia, which makes it more than the sum of its parts. I really enjoy it. I have a rollerball, and it'll probably last me forever. I wear it for the experience, not as a daily fragrance.
(In the spirit of objectivity, if you don't have memories associated with Coppertone, this may be nothing more than a benzoin(?), jasminey aquatic to you, possibly nothing special)

I layer it with Bronze Goddess sometimes, different but very interesting.

Popular Fragrances