Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.2

on 10/10/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could I'd give this more of a 3.5. It's a lovely product and I like the finish- not matte and doesn't make me look like a bloody ghost. However I do seem to get a bit oily faster with this stuff- but that's easily fixed with blotting papers. I would buy it again, but only if I had the money to go towards it, as I find it a bit pricy.

i, being more oily, am not the biggest fan of this product. it is 70% water but is NOT meant to be used as a setting powder because its purpose is not to set your makeup but instead to just give you a little bit of radiance. depending on how heavy you wear your makeup, it can sort of grab onto your makeup under. the most important thing when using this product is to make sure that you are using a synthetic brush as it is sort of water-y and will not lay nicely on the face.

dont get me wrong.. ive seen it do some nice things as i am ALWAYS at the makeup counters, but not that essential! i like their Magic Cream or Potion better. I am a huge fan of bare escentuals bare radiance or featherlight to get a nice glow!

on 5/18/2008 1:21:00 PM

Over-priced, too sparkly, cakes if you use too much. Nice cooling effect when you're applying it, but it seriously isn't worth the money.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product pretty regularly for the last couple of years. My old container went bad (wasn't cooling and started to smell) so I got a new one. I was lucky enough to find this at the CCO because it was $10 cheaper and wanted to write a review since I just got a brand new one. I love this product. My skin is dry but because the powder is water-based, it doesn't accentuate the dryness of my skin. It feels very cooling when you apply it (I use my Mac 187 brush). Some people have conplained that it's too shimmery and I disagree. I don't think that it's glittery at all. I think that it's very very finely milled shimmer that's packed with loose powder. I don't find that my skin looks too shimmery, it just looks flawless. I've received a bunch of compliments on how good my skin looks when I use this product and this is the best loose powder that I've ever used.

For reference, I buy Translucent, which looks light but actually is translucent (NC42).

EDIT: I used to love this but not so much anymore. It's been making me pores look larger and hasn't been giving me the flawless finish that it used to.

on 3/18/2007 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i love this powder. i alternate between this, laura mercier, and alison raffaele translucent loose powders as an all over face powder. i'm not sure why people are saying this is too shimmery, as it doesn't look shimmery on me AT ALL. it looks like a normal loose powder to me. however, i'm used to wearing a lot of shimmery type blushes so maybe i'm just used to it. i wear a matte cream blush underneath the magic powder and my skin looks great, clear and flawless. also, i really love the cooling effect, and feel myself get a little disappointed when the other powders i use don't have the same effect. so all in all, a great functional powder.

on 2/22/2007 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the red neutralizer, and I gotta say that it works very well on me. I have fair skin, but a couple of broken capillaries and redness on the face near my nose and around my cheekbones. This powder works to cover that redness... I am going to purchase my second box soon. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry, I just wash my face, moisturize, put this powder on, and go over my entire face with NARS loose powder... put a bit of blush, and I look natural and ready to go. I really like this product!!!

on 6/23/2006 2:38:00 AM

Horrrrrrible!!! Such a waste of my money. Even the brush that came with it was crap! Nasty results... probably THE WORST powder I've evvver tried. BEWARE! *Consider yourself warned*

on 2/6/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Fun to experiment with in the beginning... the cooling sensation & the natural glowing sheen that it gives. But, the brush that comes with this is terrible to use and getting it back into its compartment w/o splaying is tricky; use your own brush with this. Also, the cooling effects do disappear after a while. Wouldn't buy again.

on 6/23/2003 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

The cool feeling when the powder first goes on is nice, but this powder was too glowy for my oily skin.

on 5/28/2003 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

I WANTED to like this product, but try as I might I just can't get too excited about it :( I think it is geared toward that "middle of the road" woman. Not someone with bad skin, not someone with flawless skin. But someone who has pretty decent skin but doesn't naturally have that glow going on that makes people come up and say "WHAT do you use on your skin???" I do think it would really perk up the complexion of someone like that but, if you're lucky enough to have great skin I'd recommend using the $32.50 for a fabulous blush instead.