Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.8

on 3/31/2014 3:16:00 AM

Love this powder. I have used this powder for nearly 6 years. Freaked out when Px went out of business and was so happy when they came back. I will say that this powder is best for gals that don't really wear or need foundation but want a little bit of coverage or perfecting. It feels great, you don't even know you are wearing it and really brightens up your face.

on 3/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product works wonder on me! So natural, never cakey!! best powder I have used so far. The best! I have dry skin. So be sure to keep this powder in the refrigerator. It helps to keep the water in! I think :)

on 10/10/2009 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could I'd give this more of a 3.5. It's a lovely product and I like the finish- not matte and doesn't make me look like a bloody ghost. However I do seem to get a bit oily faster with this stuff- but that's easily fixed with blotting papers. I would buy it again, but only if I had the money to go towards it, as I find it a bit pricy.

on 7/18/2009 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why this product isn't for everyone. I personally love it because I like a slightly dewy finish to my foundation and hate that matte powdery cakey look on my skin. There is no point setting a dewy foundation with a matte powder because it just defeats the purpose. This powder is very fine, lightweight and contains a subtle shimmer (Mica) but also has a high content of water molecules which gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. It is great for a dry/dehydrated skin because it doesn't 'cling' to any dry patches on the skin, and sets a slightly dewier foundation without making the skin look too matte. This powder makes my skin feel smooth and look glowy (not shiney).

on 6/17/2009 2:43:00 PM

This has been the best find for finishing powder for me.Magic just adds that touch to finishing up make up. It does not settle into fine lines. Does not add heaviness to foundation. Does not settle into fine lines. It is a super WOW product.

on 6/8/2009 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I noticed was the cooling sensation. I needed to put on way too much to even see that there was a difference. I definitely got fooled on this one!

on 9/16/2008 9:27:00 AM

I love this product. I have ok skin but high colour and freckles and this tones me down and make me looks poreless.

It sounds to me as if the negative comments are from people who are putting too much on at a time. Use over foundation or primer. Use a big brush, just a light dusting. Concentrate on problem areas and you will look flawless.

I think it's fabulous. I totally get why Prescriptives products are pricey. They rock. See review of compact powder - also fabulous.

on 5/18/2008 1:21:00 PM

Over-priced, too sparkly, cakes if you use too much. Nice cooling effect when you're applying it, but it seriously isn't worth the money.

I really like how the Magic Liquid Powder feels wet and cool during application. The Prescriptives MA brushed it on my hand and I was instantly sold! I'm not the type to buy department brand cosmetics in a second. I thought this was going to be one of my HG powders. Here are the cons though:

-It doesn't last long nor does it control oil. I have combination skin and I can get pretty oily in the T-zone area.

-Even though I got the translucent shade, the Magic Powder still looked pink on my skin in natural daylight (Asian, MAC NC30, Shiseido O40). In bathroom lighting, it looks great. Sigh... I probably won't buy this again since it's expensive. $35.00 at Macys...

on 9/11/2007 2:31:00 PM

Surprised to find that it consistently broke me out - Px liquid foundations don't, so I was hoping this would be ok as well.

The wet sensation is gimicky and the 'glow' looked too heavy even with a light hand.