Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.8

on 3/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product works wonder on me! So natural, never cakey!! best powder I have used so far. The best! I have dry skin. So be sure to keep this powder in the refrigerator. It helps to keep the water in! I think :)

on 4/3/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When applied it feels wet and very cooling on the skin. It does not dry my skin like most powders can. I like the way this makes my skin glow.
I always get compliments on how good my skin looks when wearing this product. I only apply a small amount which is all you need to give your skin a dewy look...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i agree that this powder does turn orange after a while. but i still remember that back in the days i started using this powder, i like the dewy effect it gives, and my face looks glowing in the photos, and it covers my pores and lines very well.

the downside of this powder not only that it turns orange, the brush that comes with the powder is of no use at all. i need to buy another powder brush that is big enuf just to apply the powder.

also, i bought this powder in mecca australia, it's way overpriced in australia, i think i would buy this again if i can get it at a cheaper price. now i'm trying on Lola, hoping that it can give me the same dramatic and dewy effect the Px magic liquid powder gives.

I use quite a few powders at the moment - I love this one in the summer or the winter. i must admit It's one of those ones that sits in the drawer and is a little forgotten at times, but everytime I use it I always fall back in love with it. It feels AMAZING and cooling on the skin, and seems to diffuse out any abnormalities in skin tone and small lines. Seems to make me look fresh and dewy without looking greasy. I find it stays on really well for a powder too. I use it either alone or over a liquid foundation. It is quite expensive (sorry I cant remember how much I paid, just remember thinking "ouch" at the time...) but you do get quite a lot of product (35g), and it lasts for up to two years. I would probably miss this if I didn't have it, so would repurchase it....

on 4/18/2008 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

In my opinion, this is more novelty than anything. The liquid-powder texture is unique and it feels wonderful when applied with a big soft face brush. But the "magic" ends there. It doesn't do anything special. It's not illuminating and it doesn't create an illusion of perfection or whatever it is that Prescriptives claims it does. Staying power is a joke. It is fun to play with and feels nice and gives the appearance of a more polished face when it is first applied, and for that it rates 3 stars. But it is not in any way special, and I don't think it's worth the price.

on 9/16/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Well, call me bias but as a loyal px customer and employee, i LOVE THE MAGIC POWDER. Why? It's cooling sensation and super natural finish over foundation... It doesn't leave me looking ashy or too matte. I actually appreciate my skins glow. However< I do understand what some of the other reviews are saying b/c there's few things you have to be careful about. Used with a synthetic brush, it doesn't roll on as smoothly and leaves too much product on the skin leaving it with a undesireable finish under lighting.

Oh , it does turn a little jelly when not used or store improperly but all you have to do is shake it up a little, then it regains it normal powdery texture. You can also add a few drops of water when it loses its cooling effect. You may see what appears to be steam, its from the liquid powder being 70% water.

Application tip: Dip large natural fiber brush in powder, use cap to disburse to excess product. Then pat onto face, then gently dust away excess amounts from face. This technique makes a world of a difference in the finish. Give it a try. Remember to much of anything is bad for you.

on 7/12/2007 3:19:00 PM

When asked whether i would buy this product again, can i answer with a HELL NO????

OMG.This supposedly 'magic' powder is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Yes, it is finely milled, its soothing when applied, bla bla bla all that other nice thing and sure your face looks radiant.....ONLY FOR THE FIRST HOUR probably. Let me see...i applied right before i left for work and when i got to work and checked my face in the mirror, i could see it starts to get really cakey!!! The lines on my face that i'd never know existed appeared all over !! I had to wipe my face off with tissue(coz i'm at work and didn't have my makeup remover with me). My face looked so much better after i wiped it all off. It's really frustrating especially after you'd spent $36.50(w tax) and have high expectation of it.

I'm 26. Asian with tanned skin. Residing in Maryland,USA. I have normal/combination skin.

It's the summer right now and it is rather warm and humid so maybe the weather might have a little to do with it. But then again, with the suggested price, it shouldn't have made it looked like it's worth $1.

**Edited -- I've failed to mention earlier that i use krayolan foundation stick underneath the powder and have had no problems when i used it with krayolan loose powder. I'm going to try it with other foundation or not even apply any foundation and we shall see how it'll work!

on 5/31/2007 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

lasts forever, i got mine 2 years ago and i still have and use it all the time. fells great and cool when applied.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product pretty regularly for the last couple of years. My old container went bad (wasn't cooling and started to smell) so I got a new one. I was lucky enough to find this at the CCO because it was $10 cheaper and wanted to write a review since I just got a brand new one. I love this product. My skin is dry but because the powder is water-based, it doesn't accentuate the dryness of my skin. It feels very cooling when you apply it (I use my Mac 187 brush). Some people have conplained that it's too shimmery and I disagree. I don't think that it's glittery at all. I think that it's very very finely milled shimmer that's packed with loose powder. I don't find that my skin looks too shimmery, it just looks flawless. I've received a bunch of compliments on how good my skin looks when I use this product and this is the best loose powder that I've ever used.

For reference, I buy Translucent, which looks light but actually is translucent (NC42).

EDIT: I used to love this but not so much anymore. It's been making me pores look larger and hasn't been giving me the flawless finish that it used to.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Goal: a translucent, natural powder. Got the fast pitch from the Prescriptives SA about this powder. She claimed it was a water based powder, and as she put it on my hand, it did indeed have a cool, "wet" feel. While my mind was trying to comprehend this, she talked about the powder's "radiance crystals" and lightly brushed my face with th powder. I sparkled. This isn't a good thing. I said it was a bit too glittery for me. She insisted that it wasn't glitter, but a "radiant glow," and walked me over to different lighting and proudly held a hand mirror to my face. I still sparkled. It was too glittery. She insisted again, it wasn't glitter, but "radiant glow." While I love Prescriptives, the glitter factor in this product looked a little too disco for my tastes and I made a purchase from the Clinique counter instead (Blended Face Powder, Transparency 3).