Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.4

on 7/18/2009 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why this product isn't for everyone. I personally love it because I like a slightly dewy finish to my foundation and hate that matte powdery cakey look on my skin. There is no point setting a dewy foundation with a matte powder because it just defeats the purpose. This powder is very fine, lightweight and contains a subtle shimmer (Mica) but also has a high content of water molecules which gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. It is great for a dry/dehydrated skin because it doesn't 'cling' to any dry patches on the skin, and sets a slightly dewier foundation without making the skin look too matte. This powder makes my skin feel smooth and look glowy (not shiney).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is bizarre. When I first got it, I liked it well enough... although it seemed a bit cakey on my fave over makeup. Now that I've had it a few years it turned into a weird orange-y substance that is only about half the volume of the original amount. I guess perhaps I didn't have the lid on tight enough? Anyhow, it's and scary... and there's much better illuminating powders on the market (many by MAC). I won't repurchase.

i, being more oily, am not the biggest fan of this product. it is 70% water but is NOT meant to be used as a setting powder because its purpose is not to set your makeup but instead to just give you a little bit of radiance. depending on how heavy you wear your makeup, it can sort of grab onto your makeup under. the most important thing when using this product is to make sure that you are using a synthetic brush as it is sort of water-y and will not lay nicely on the face.

dont get me wrong.. ive seen it do some nice things as i am ALWAYS at the makeup counters, but not that essential! i like their Magic Cream or Potion better. I am a huge fan of bare escentuals bare radiance or featherlight to get a nice glow!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about 4 months. When I first bought it, I loved it - the cooling sensation, the slight shimmer and the fact that it is transluscent and not cakey. I have since noticed, however, that it does not do a good job at setting my make-up. Rather, it unsets my make-up. For example, I will do a flawless foundation face with the By Terry LE or LM and then I will set with this powder but it will cause the foundation to become patchy and uneven in some areas, especially my T-zone. This is disappointing as I love everything else about this powder, it is so hard to find a powder that it has not got too much coverage and is not too matte.
I guess I will have to keep looking for my HG loose powder!

on 3/16/2008 11:14:00 PM

I love this product! I has cooling sensation! There is nothing with this product, I don't know why many people has such bad review. I'm using it and I love it, I would buy again!

I really like how the Magic Liquid Powder feels wet and cool during application. The Prescriptives MA brushed it on my hand and I was instantly sold! I'm not the type to buy department brand cosmetics in a second. I thought this was going to be one of my HG powders. Here are the cons though:

-It doesn't last long nor does it control oil. I have combination skin and I can get pretty oily in the T-zone area.

-Even though I got the translucent shade, the Magic Powder still looked pink on my skin in natural daylight (Asian, MAC NC30, Shiseido O40). In bathroom lighting, it looks great. Sigh... I probably won't buy this again since it's expensive. $35.00 at Macys...

on 11/19/2007 6:12:00 PM

i loveeee this powder!!! ive gone through so many of them! i use it with the prescriptives flawless skin foundation. i use the "red neutralizer" color just bc im asian and i have more of a yellow skin tone? i love how it feels and how it has a tiny hint of sparkly stuff in it that makes my skin look like its glowing! i dont think my skin has looked better since ive been using these 2 together... love it!

Pros:
Goes on smoothly,
quick and easy,
Doesn't aggravate already sensitive skin,
Good basic coverage.

Cons:
Cakes after a few hours,
Colour kept changing after application,
It sparkled in the wrong light making me look like a five year old,
Makes spots more obvious.

overall: I do like the product and the caking can be overcome by adding more moisturiser but the how glittering thing put me off.

on 8/20/2007 11:10:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

This product is okay at best. I love how it feels when it's going on... it feels very cool and almost wet. That's the novelty of it, I guess. The look of it on my face, however, is a different story. It has a bit too much shimmer for my liking, and it's too dark for my super pale skin. There's nothing magical about it as far as I'm concerned.

on 8/9/2007 11:23:00 PM

No really sure if anyone has mentioned this, but the texture turns jellyish in humid conditions. My mum bought this for herself and she keeps her products in the bathroom. She kept the cap pretty tight, but I guess some steam still got in, and the product turned into a lumps of jelly. If you squish it, it turns into water. This happened only after a few weeks of use. Why waste money on something like this?