3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

17 days ago

This product feels good and works well, but most surprisingly....it is a miracle healer for cold sores. I rub a drop on twice a day and it just instantly heals the sore. I've spent a lot of money on prescriptions that hardly work and this stuff is just *boom* heals overnight. I probably wouldn't have bought it again as I am not picky with cleansers and just buy whatever looks gentle and happens to be on sale, but now I will stock up and not worry about having my week ruined by a future outbreak. 10/10

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

2.0

3 months ago

This comes out like a squeezable noxema. It left my skin tingly but did leave a "filmy" feeling. I ended up breaking out : (

About reviewer (982 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

9 months ago

I just now have gotten to where I do a daily skincare routine. I got a Burt's Bees gift set, and this cleanser came in travel size. I loved it, so I went back to Walmart and bought the big sized cleanser for everyday use. I have been using this cleanser, along with my Garnier Clearly Brighter moisturizer, and my skin has never looked better! My breakouts are almost gone after using this for a little over a week, and that's amazing! I love the fact that I'm not putting harsh chemicals on my face to wash it, which makes me eager to use this every night. Another thing I love about this product, is the fact that is has menthol and has a cooling effect. Whenever I run out, I will definitely repurchase, and I'm so glad I found this natural cleanser to use for my everyday routine! Give it a try!

About reviewer (332 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

3.0

a year ago

This is a decent product that cleans well enough and feels good due to the menthol etc. However I wasn't super impressed and I feel like this product is somewhat over rated. While it feels good and doesnt irritate my sensitive skin, it also seemed to do nothing in terms of reducing my breakouts and oiliness and is drying with regular use, so its not likely I will buy this again. I also didn't love how thick this was, so you end up going through it really fast. No issues with it, just disappointed as I hoped this might end up being my go to after the first use made my skin feel so good.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I have been using this cream cleanser for at least the past five years. It is a very creamy thick formula. It has almost a cooling feel to the skin which I'm guessing is the menthol. There is also aloe and chamomile which helps soften the skin. I use this on the days I don't use my beloved Noxzema. I use this with a facial cleansing brush and it gets my face very clean and super smooth. I have skin that tends to build up dead skin very easily and fast so I need regular exfoliation and this does not irritate me at all. I absolutely love this stuff!! Smells delicious too, almost like lemon cake, yum!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I've just started using this product after not being able to buy my usual Yves Rocher cleanser. I chose it because it's mostly natural, and I had tried and liked their Sensitive cleanser while visiting my mum. I thought this would be more suitable for me since it claims to deep-clean and remove makeup well. So far, so good! I still remove my makeup with olive oil and lavender EO before using this, but it does do a great job of leaving my skin feeling fresh and clean without drying it out. I love the smell and texture of this cleanser -- creamy lemon mint. I mix a small amount with some water in my palms and massage it on my face. What a treat! Unlike some other reviewers, I enjoy the cooling sensation (it doesn't irritate my skin), and in fact like how it feels on my undereye area! A great way to start the morning. Don't know yet if I will repurchase when I run out, but this is a great option!

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

2 years ago

Was wanting to try something more natural so I picked this up. I think it cleanses well but OMG it burns my skin, and I really don't see that much improvement in my skin after using it and it felt really dry. will stick to my ceraVE.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I am surprised by how much I love this stuff. I took a huge chance when I got this, and if I'd read the ingredients more carefully, I probably would not have purchased it because it has menthol in it. I had an awful reaction to their sensitive skin cleanser (painfully ironic), but I was in desperate need of a cleanser and grabbed this without looking at reviews or anything. As soon as I put it on my skin the first time and smelled the menthol, I panicked and almost immediately washed it off. I kept waiting for the intense pain I've had from other cleansers with menthol, but it never came. Instead, the menthol remained a steady, slightly tingly, cool sensation. Since I bought this, I've had a couple of minor, hormonal breakouts and this hasn't irritated the spots, which is basically a miracle. It doesn't make my skin irritated or dry it out. Unlike the sensitive skin one with cotton extract, this cleanser doesn't leave a gross residue on my skin. It washes cleanly away with no scrubbing. I'm pretty sure this is obvious, and mentioned on the packaging, but don't get it in your eyes. Menthol and the eye area aren't a good mix. I use this after I've taken my makeup off, or when I get up, to get off either my makeup remover or my night serum and cream, and it works great. It gets any bits of makeup I might have missed, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. This is a 6oz tube and a little goes a very long way. I think I use a glob just big enough to go from the tip of my index finger to the top joint, and that's enough to wash my face and neck. It's also reasonably priced (I think I paid between $5 and $10), which is surprising for Burt's Bees, which I usually associate with higher prices for a drugstore brand.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

3 years ago

Burts Bees cleanser is good. It did what it said it would do. It cleaned well and I like the feel of menthol when its hot outside.

About reviewer (266 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

4 years ago

I have been using this product for about a year and have had no problems with it! It is creamy and hydrating, but still cleansing--my face always feels very fresh after. I have oily skin with many closed comedones and slight redness on my cheeks, dark circles beneath my eyes and clogged pores; I get a few breakouts here and there but my main issue is more with skin texture and quality, rather than acne. I can't say this cleanser really "helped" my skin one way or another, it definitely gets the job done though. I probably won't be purchasing this cleanser again; I want my skin to improve, and this product just isn't cutting it anymore. Plus, it received abysmal ratings on Paula's Choice (beautypedia), apparently it, "contains several problematic ingredients for skin, especially for use around the eyes." This cleanser is decent, but there is definitely better ones out there!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24